PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Battlestar Galactica: Season One' On HD DVD

Zoetermeer
14-08-2007, 12:47
Battlestar Galactica: Season One' On HD DVD, December 4

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has now confirmed that the Battlestar Galactica (2004): Season One will be available on 6-disc HD DVD set from December 4. The high-definition version of this TV series is available to own only on HD DVD. It is a non-combo HD DVD set and has a suggested price tag of $99.98 SRP.

Each episode of the series will be presented in 1080p High Definition Widescreen 1.78:1 video with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (English) and Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (English) audio options. Only English [SDH] and French subtitle options are included.

A breakdown of the bonus materials on each disc:

Disc One:
Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Feature Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
Deleted Scenes - Mini Series
Sketches and Art
From Miniseries to Series
Change Is Good, Now They're Babes
The Cylon Centurion
Future/Past Technology
The Doctor Is Out (Of His Mind)
Production
Visual Effects
Epilogue

Disc Two:
Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Deleted Scenes
Feature Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
Pilot Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore

Disc Three:
Deleted Scenes
Episode 103 "Bastille Day" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Episode 104 "Act of Contrition" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick

Disc Four:
Deleted Scenes
Episode 105 "You Can't Go Home Again" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick

Disc Five:
Deleted Scenes
Episode 109 "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Episode 110 "The Hand of God" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

Disc Six:
Deleted Scenes
Episode 111 "Colonial Day" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Episode 112 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt 1 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Episode 113 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt. 2 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

Grave
15-08-2007, 18:10
Ach ja doe maar 100 dollar.. en Hd dvd zou zoveel goedkoper zijn dan blu-ray..:roll:

Ben ik de enige die het raar vindt dat hd-dvd's even duur als blu-ray schijfjes zijn of zelfs duurder terwijl er altijd werd gezegt dat hd-dvd zoveel goedkoper was om voor te produceren. Ze maken nu gewoon 2,5 keer zoveel winst op films/series. Voor 30 dollar/euro heb je season 1 op dvd... en hd-dvd is ineens weer 100 dollar!:roll:

Ik hou het eerst wel bij mn dvd's op zo'n manier. Hd-dvd vliegt er over paar jaar toch wel uit. Gebruik mn hd-dvd speler wel om dvd's up te scalen, laat die afzet prijzen maar zitten.

Mathieu Ghekiere
28-12-2007, 06:44
Vaak zijn HD DVD's iets (niet zo veel) goedkoper in de winkel dan blue ray schijfjes.
Dat gezegd zijnde is het prijskaartje van deze serie op HD vrij hoog.

Waarom ik hier eigenlijk antwoord (heb zelf geen HD setup), is omdat ik las van een customer review op Amazon dat deze zei dat de miniserie er zeeeer slecht uitzag op HD DVD, en de serie zelf iets beter, maar niet genoeg om de prijs te rechtvaardigen.

BASIL
28-12-2007, 08:13
Ach ja doe maar 100 dollar.. en Hd dvd zou zoveel goedkoper zijn dan blu-ray..:roll:

HD-DVD goedkoper? Op amerikaanse sites? :roll:

Grave
28-12-2007, 10:58
HD-DVD goedkoper? Op amerikaanse sites? :roll:

Was een sarcastische opmerking.

Oftewel hd-dvd is helemaal niet goedkoper dan blu-ray ondanks dat ze het er altijd over hadden dat ze hd-dvd's zoveel goedkoper konden maken dan blu-ray schijfjes.. we zien er niks in terug in de verkoopprijs.

Pieter Kleine
28-12-2007, 11:03
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON ONE
It absolutely kills me to trash this one, but 'Battlestar Galactica: Season One' was easily the most disappointing release I witnessed all year. Flimsy cardboard construction, an awful outer casing that bends if you sneeze, and scratched discs jammed on rubber nubs combine to make this the most fragile digipak I've ever encountered. Even worse, it features a poor video transfer that suffers from artifacting and other fundamental problems. Fans like myself have been left in a deflated daze -- the Christmas present I was most looking forward to turned out to be a piece of cheaply constructed high-def junk.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/2007_Year_in_Review/Best_(and_Worst)_High-Def_Discs_of_2007:_Kenneth_Brown/1300

Edwin V
28-12-2007, 12:49
Weggegooid geld dus.

Edwin V
04-01-2008, 10:12
Hier wel een positieve review:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31903