PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : The Sarah Jane adventures

chimera01
19-09-2007, 15:22
Start Date for Sarah Jane
Spinoffs
September 12, 2007 • Posted By Jarrod Cooper
http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/sja_logo.jpgThe BBC have announced that The Sarah Jane Adventures will begin broadcasting on Monday, September 24th at 5:00 pm. On Sunday the 23rd, CBBC will be repeating the New Year's special Invasion of the Bane. The first story of the series will be Revenge of the Slitheen by Gareth Roberts. Sarah Jane Smith, investigative journalist and former companion to The Doctor, is back in a brand-new CBBC drama from the makers of Doctor Who. And in the first two-part story of the series she faces some familiar alien enemies of The Doctor as the Slitheen are back and out for revenge...

On their first day at their new school Maria and Luke soon realise that all is not as it seems. There's a funny smell, the food keeps going off, the teachers keep farting and the new technology block is hiding some dark secrets.

With their suspicions aroused, Sarah Jane, Maria and Luke set about investigating, joined by their new friend Clyde. They soon discover that the Slitheen have disguised themselves as teachers as part of a deadly plan which threatens the future of the Earth.

But as Maria, Luke and Clyde become trapped in the new technology block in the clutches of the Slitheen and with Sarah Jane under attack from another of the alien monsters, will the gang be able to stop the Slitheen before it's too late?

chimera01
19-09-2007, 15:24
Sarah Jane website updated
Spinoffs
September 15, 2007 • Posted By Josiah Rowe
http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/sja_logo.jpgCBBC has updated the official website of The Sarah Jane Adventures (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sja/), in anticipation of the series' debut on September 24. The website contains a teaser clip from Revenge of the Slitheen, a "data matrix" for interfacing with Sarah Jane's computer "Mr. Smith", a tour of Sarah Jane's attic and more.

At the moment, the site is not restricted to UK IP addresses (as it had been previously). Thanks to the CBBC web designers for allowing fans from outside the UK to use the website.

chimera01
19-09-2007, 15:25
Elisabeth Sladen interview
People
September 16, 2007 • Posted By Paul Hayes
Elisabeth Sladen has spoken to The Daily Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/09/15/nosplit/bvtvsladen15.xml) newspaper about her role in the forthcoming Doctor Who spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, which begins its run on BBC One on Monday 24th September.

She tells journalist Simon Swift: "I did that episode, School Reunion, and I thought what a lovely end for my character... Then, as Torchwood was coming out, I got a call saying Russell [T Davies - Doctor Who's executive producer] would like to take me out for lunch to talk about something else. I thought, 'I'm going to be in Torchwood.' And he said: 'We want to do a series called The Sarah Jane Adventures.' I absolutely didn't see it coming."

Sladen also tells Swift that she would have been irritated had the spin-off project been given to any other former companion. "I would be p***** off to my socks. I would have said, 'Well, they know what they're doing,' but I would have secretly thought, 'Oh, what a mistake they've made'."

chimera01
19-09-2007, 15:26
New Radio Times Press Clips
September 18, 2007 • Posted By Paul Hayes
The latest issue of the BBC's ever Who-friendly Radio Times listings magazine is released in the UK today, and contains various items of interest to Doctor Who fans.

Billie Piper is the issue's cover star and the subject of an interview inside the magazine, promoting her new ITV2 drama series The Secret Diary of a Call Girl. Interviewer Zoe Williams writes: "She won't be drawn on Doctor Who (will she return before David Tennant departs?) - for personal or contractual reasons, we can only guess."

On page three, Radio Times editor Gill Hudson asks her readers to guess what connects three of the major television events of the week - Billie Piper's new role, the first appearance of Christopher Eccleston in BBC Two's run of the US fantasy series Heroes, and the return of Sarah Jane Smith. "Right first time!" Hudson tells her readers.

The Sarah Jane Adventures is listed as one of the picks of the week on page four, and on page 31 is given a one-page preview feature, in which Gareth McLean interviews Russell T Davies about the show and his return to children's television, where he started out with dramas such as Dark Season in 1991, from which a photo of Kate Winslet and Jacqueline Pearce is shown.

"I loved the sort of dramas that were set in this world, but had an otherworldliness to them," Davies tells McLean. "They had all this possibility that there were fantastic forces at work beneath the ordinariness of the world. How marvellous!" Davies also reflects on how he never felt children were his natural audience, and on the changes to children's television since he worked in it. He concludes that "With the likes of Disney investing so much money in children's TV, I do feel optimistic about its future."

The Sarah Jane Adventures is one 'Today's Choices' for Monday September 24th, with reviewer Mark Braxton commenting: "The show looks perfect for cheering up Mondays; it confirms the promise of the pilot and has its heart in exactly the right place."

The magazine also confirms that the next episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures will follow on the CBBC Channel at 5.30pm on Monday, immediately following the previous episode's BBC One premiere.

chimera01
27-09-2007, 11:06
Sarah Jane Ratings
Broadcasting
September 25, 2007 • Posted By Marcus
http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/sja_logo.jpgThe first episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures achieved a rating of 1.3 million viewers, an 11% share of the audience.

This is much higher than CBBC programmes usually get in this slot. Last Monday, Escape from Scorpion Island got 0.9 million.

In the children's chart, the programme was the 6th most watched of the day with an audience of 0.5 million which was a 29.8% share.

Over on CBBC the second episode was watched by 0.44 million making the programme the most watched of the day on CBBC and the 7th most watched programme on multi channel television.

chimera01
01-11-2007, 13:26
Sarah Jane Ratings and AI
Broadcasting
October 31, 2007 • Posted By Marcus
http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/sja_kudlak.jpgOvernight ratings for week six of The Sarah Jane Adventures show that the second part of Warriors of Kudlak, was watched by 1.2 million viewers, an 9.6% share of the total TV audience. This is an increase over last weeks figures and is an incredibly good audience for Children's BBC.

The programme achived an Appreciation Index of 85. Once again this puts the programme in the excellent category and makes it one of the most appreciated programmes on British television. The Appreciation Index, or AI, is a measure of how much the audience liked the programme. It is a score out of 100, based on responses from a carefully selected panel. The average score for drama on BBC1 and ITV1 is 77. A score in excess of 85 is regarded as excellent while a score below 60 is poor.

On the digital channel CBBC, the first part of Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane? had 0.23 million viewers, a 11.7% share of all children watching.

chimera01
26-01-2008, 13:01
Sladen speaks to SFX
People
January 25, 2008 • Posted By Paul Hayes
http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/sarahjane.jpgSFX Magazine (http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=sarah_jane_the_return_again) are currently running a feature on their website, previewing a forthcoming interview the magazine has conducted with actress Elisabeth Sladen. Sladen, who plays Sarah Jane Smith, confirms in the feature that not only has spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures been recommissioned for a second series, this time of 24 episodes, but that she will also be returning to Doctor Who itself for a guest appearance in series four.

The full interview will be printed in a special edition of SFX due out in March.

De SFX het leidende tijdschrift voor scifi en fantasy in mijn opinie en elke maand weer uren plezier in het lezen ervan.
24 afleveringen!!! Dat is een behoorlijke vooruitgang op de 10 van afgelopen jaar. Maar het schiet vooral op de jonge jeugd, hun Who verslaafde vaders (voor wie Liz Smith een jeugd "liefde" was) en kids die scifi leuk vinden.

chimera01
09-09-2008, 21:14
Sarah Jane Adventures press pack
Spinoffs
September 9, 2008 • Posted By Paul Hayes
The BBC Press Office (http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/09_september/09/sarahjane1.shtml) has released details of the new series of The Sarah Jane Adventures, including information on characters and broadcast dates.

The release confirms that the first episode of series two will be broadcast on BBC One on Monday 29th September at 4.35pm. The second episode will then follow on the CBBC digital channel at 5.15pm. This will be the pattern for the rest of the series, with episodes debuting on the CBBC channel.

The run finishes with the BBC One broadcast of episode 12 on Monday 15th December.

Momenteel wordt de eerste serie herhaald in omnibusversie op zondagmiddag op BBC1.
het is de meest succesvolle jeugdserie van CBBC in recente jaren.

chimera01
10-09-2008, 20:20
Tuesday September 09, 2008
Sarah Jane Adventures Episode Info

The BBC has just confirmed that series two of The Sarah Jane Adventures will kick off at 4.35m on 29 September on BBC. Episode two will then be shown at 5.15pm on CBBC. This pattern will continue for the rest of the series.
The official descriptions of the first four episodes are as follows (spoiler warning):

The Last Sontaran (highlight to read)
By Phil Ford, Directed By Joss Agnew
Part One - Reports of strange lights around the Tycho Radio Telescope lead Sarah Jane, Luke, Clyde and Maria into a terrifying forest encounter – and Sarah Jane comes face to face with her oldest enemy. Meanwhile Maria wrestles with a huge decision when her dad is offered a new job in America.
Part Two - Sarah Jane and the gang have only 40 minutes to save Earth as Sontaran Commander Kaagh plots to bring the world's orbiting satellites crashing down on nuclear installations across the world. And Maria's Mum finally gets to the truth from Alan – but will they be in time to save Maria?

The Day Of The Clown
By Phil Ford, Directed By Michael Kerrigan
Part One - New girl in Bannerman Road, Rani Chandra, is being haunted by a sinister clown – does it have anything to do with the local children that have gone missing? When Clyde's friend disappears the trail leads them to a strange circus museum – and the legend of the Pied Piper!
Part Two - Sarah Jane's investigation into Spellman and Odd Bob the Clown takes her to a meteorite at the Pharos Institute. But Spellman's plot to make all of Park Vale's pupils vanish leads Sarah Jane into a confrontation with her own childhood fears in a bid to save Luke.