PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Green Hornet (Seth Rogen)

Mr. Incredible
05-06-2008, 12:37
Seth Rogen Talks The Green Hornet
The comedy god on his superhero flick

It’s been on and off more times than a faulty lightbulb but now, thanks to Seth Rogen’s rising star power, The Green Hornet finally looks likes it’s a goer.

Rogen spoke to ComingSoon.net about his plans for the self-penned action/comedy in which he will star as the eponymous righter of wrongdoings. "Green Hornet is PG-13 and that's an action movie,” he said. “You can do anything violence wise. It's a very intense action movie and the relationship between Green Hornet and Kato (his loyal side-kick and sometime chauffeur), a lot of comedy comes from that.”

As for who will play Kato (the role originally played by Bruce Lee in the Sixties TV show), Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle’s Stephen Chow is apparently at the top of Rogen’s wish list.

“At first actually, we weren't even sure going in we could be more of a Jet Li type guy who maybe isn't the funniest guy in the world, but he's physically very impressive, or whether it would be more of a Stephen Chow type guy who can do martial arts, but clearly has a sense of humour,” said Rogen. “In the version that we've made it seems like a Stephen Chow type guy would be more suitable for the role.”

Rogen is writing the script with childhood friend and Superbad co-scribe Evan Goldberg and it’s looking likely to be his next project when all is wrapped on Judd Apatow’s untitled third directorial effort.

Seth Rogen? Count me in!

Gaberiel-2
05-06-2008, 13:33
Lol... niet verwacht, maar ik heb er eigenlijk wel zin in... weer eens wat anders... (y)

Gaberiel-2
05-06-2008, 16:00
Seth Rogen over de film...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45668

Mr. Incredible
20-09-2008, 07:37
Regisseur en Kato zijn bekend.

Stephen Chow To Direct The Green Hornet!
He'll also play Kato in Seth Rogen's com

We’ve known for a long while that Seth Rogen has been attached to co-write and star in a big-screen version of The Green Hornet – and today, he finally found not only the guy who will play the Hornet’s faithful sidekick, Kato, but also the guy who will direct the big-budget action-comedy. And, as luck would have it, they’re the same guy: Stephen Chow.

Yes, the Chinese genius behind the magnificent Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer is set to bring his Looney Tunes sense of humour and kinetic, thousand-miles-an-hour visual sense to his first American movie – as well as playing the role made most famous by perhaps the most famous movie martial artist of them all, Bruce Lee.

"I'm excited to be taking on 'The Green Hornet' -- obviously I've been a huge fan of the show since I was a kid," Chow told The Hollywood Reporter. "The idea of stepping into Bruce Lee's shoes as Kato is both humbling and thrilling, and to get the chance to direct the project as my American movie debut is simply a dream come true." Lee, of course, played Kato in the 1960s TV show.

Frankly, we can’t wait for this one. Rogen and his writing partner, Evan Goldberg, showed with the excellent Pineapple Express that a) Superbad was no fluke in the funny stakes and b) that they knew their way around an action sequence. Expect to see sparks fly, in a good way, when their droll comedic sensibilities and feel for genre collides with Chow’s wonderfully demented directing style.

"Stephen was always my and Evan's first choice for director and to play Kato,” laughed Rogen. “We just hope that he never finds out we're not the Wachowski Brothers."

Mr. Incredible
25-02-2009, 11:44
Michel Gondry wordt de nieuwe regisseur van dit project. Hij neemt de plaats in van Stephen Chow die wel Kato zal blijven spelen.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24266

Hier wordt ik toch wel een beetje enthousiast van.

Bugssje
25-02-2009, 17:42
Michel Gondry als regisseur kan deze film best wel bijzonder gaan maken.

bart22
26-06-2010, 13:16
Er is een eerste trailer voor the Green Hornet.

Op http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/hdtrailers.html kan je deze trailer terugvinden.

Ziet er best leuk uit moet ik zeggen.

RobinB
28-06-2010, 19:20
Ik vind Seth Rogen totaal niet in dit soort films passen..heb een bepaald beeld van hem door zijn andere films,maar voor de rest ziet het er wel prima uit:)

theregiment
30-06-2010, 17:11
Trailer is vet :D

Don van Straalen
22-11-2010, 18:46
Nieuwe trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi21600537/

Ziet er wel aardig uit.

RobinB
22-11-2010, 21:41
Vind er nog steeds niks aan..

Esteban
22-11-2010, 23:34
Naar aanleiding van enkele interviews besluit ik dat het enerzijds de bedoeling was 'The Green Hornet' zo trouw mogelijk naar het grote scherm te brengen. Anderzijds schuiven ze de hedendaagse Seth Rogen naar voor in de hoofdrol. 't Komt voorlopig wat over als vis noch vlees. I'm not convinced.

rogue
30-04-2011, 13:08
Blu-ray review (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Green-Hornet-Blu-ray/20740/#Review)

Albert Kostwinder
30-04-2011, 14:00
De trailer lijkt zo leuk, maar boy ik vond het maar een irritante, matige film die voor mij geen blu ray waard is...:(

Rogier Burghout
23-05-2011, 16:12
Ik vond vooral ook Seth Rogen erg irritant spelen en veels te veel screentime krijgen....nu las ik al dat hij em deels geschreven heeft dus dat zal een hoop verklaren....maar ik heb em na 53 min. uitgezet en vrienden blijven hier ook ongeveer steken....Hopen dat The Green Lantern in het hoekje groene superhelden wat minder tegen gaat vallen...

Fitz_Chevalric
24-05-2011, 18:34
Ik vond het wel een redelijke film :)

Had er van te voren echt niets van verwacht, maar het was wel ok.

theregiment
24-05-2011, 22:43
Het is dat de steelbook zo fucklng vet is anders had ik hem ook niet gekocht ;) film is inderdaad matig!

chev
25-05-2011, 15:35
Het is dat de steelbook zo fucklng vet is anders had ik hem ook niet gekocht ;) film is inderdaad matig!

Heb je m al binnen dan?

Ik wil namelijk de duitse steelbook (weet niet of je die bedoeld?) maar die komt pas eind juni.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004LWZCQU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1W7T9K712V3FGTQNV291&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128

Overigens zou deze nl subs moeten bevatten,anders hoef ik m niet.
Maar vind dit een hele mooie iig.

theregiment
25-05-2011, 20:43
Heb je m al binnen dan?

Ik wil namelijk de duitse steelbook (weet niet of je die bedoeld?) maar die komt pas eind juni.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004LWZCQU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1W7T9K712V3FGTQNV291&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128

Overigens zou deze nl subs moeten bevatten,anders hoef ik m niet.
Maar vind dit een hele mooie iig.

Nee maar heb foto's gezien en het is een sony release dus zelfde als de UK versie is ie (alleen dan met NL subs)

Ik wacht ook op de DE versie ;) was ook goedkoper!

chev
25-05-2011, 20:58
(y)Ah mooi , heb m inmiddels in pre staan bij de samen met true grit steelbook.