PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : sony sb300 speelt thru hd

johnsmeets
08-07-2008, 12:08
de truck:p
Originally Posted by krazeyeyez http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=675895#post675895)
hey paid, my first post here and its a doozy, having some problems with the true hd and whether or not the bdp-s300 will do it.

my equipment is listed in my sig and everything is hooked up via hdmi. my players firmware is up to date. just wanted to confirm that the s300 can internally decode the true hd now, and how to accomplish this.

thanks in advance for the help.

I finally took some time this evening to reconfirm what is going on with the 300.

A couple of points to know first:

I checked this with firmware 3.7, but it applies to several earlier releases going back to when the feature first appeared on the S1.

It is not an advertised feature of the S300, It could be removed at any time in a future firmware release.

DO NOT call Sony customer service and hassle them about why this does not show up in the information display or in the manual. As mentioned before, this is an unadvertised feature. Consider it a gift.

The only setting that matters is the HDMI audio setting. It MUST be set to LPCM, or Dolby THD will only come out of the HDMI connection as DD. The downmix setting does not matter.

Dolby THD will only be decoded and passed as LPCM on the HDMI connector. If you want to confirm if you are really getting THD versus DD, try the following: Connect your receiver analog inputs to the analog outputs of the S300, set the HDMI audio output to LPCM and connect the HDMI output to your receiver as well, playback a THD audio stream and use your receiver to toggle between the analog input or the HDMI input, better yet, have someone else do the switching for you. If these do not sound the same to you, you have learned something. Now try the same thing with a normal DD stream and see if you hear the same difference, if not....

For those of you who will continue to question this until the sun burns out, someone makes a test disc to confirm it, or someone dedicated does an invert/add of the analog out vs. the HDMI THD out, keep in mind that I don't do this for a hobby and I don't have anything to gain by misleading you.