De resultaten 1 tot 11 van 11 worden weergegeven.

Standaard Actrice Janet Leigh (77) overleden

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Hollywood movie star Janet Leigh, best known as the slasher victim in the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock thriller, "Psycho," has died, a spokeswoman for her daughter, actress Jamie Lee Curtis, said Monday.

Janet Leigh was best known to moviegoers for her role in the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock film, "Psycho."

"Janet Leigh died peacefully in her home Sunday afternoon," said the spokeswoman, Heidi Schaeffer.

Leigh, 77, died in her Beverly Hills home surrounded by daughters Jamie Lee and Kelly Curtis and her fourth husband, Robert Brandt, Schaeffer said.

Leigh had been battling vasculitis -- an inflammation of the blood vessels -- for a year, she said.

Leigh married Brandt in 1962 after an 11-year marriage to actor Tony Curtis, the father of her two children.

In addition to "Psycho," Leigh appeared in other films such as "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962), "Bye Bye Birdie" (1963), "Little Women" (1949) and "Touch of Evil" (1958). More recently, she appeared in "Halloween H20: 20 Years Later" (1998) with daughter Jamie Lee.

Leigh had requested that all donations in her name be made to the Motion Picture and Television Foundation.

Leigh's publicist, John Frazer, said the actress served on the board of directors for the fund, which provides health care and medical treatment to those who work in the entertainment industry.

"She was not only a legendary actress, but she was also an author and a humanitarian," Frazer said.

Standaard

Hoorde het net, wist niet dat het die uit Psycho was.

RIP

Standaard

Ik schaam me dood, ik kende haar niet bij naam.
    Zou willen dat DVD m'n enige verslaving was!

Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2003

Standaard

Wederom een legende uit de oudere cinema heen gegaan.

Dank U voor uw interessante oevre.
    "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when clearly it is Ocean." Arthur C. Clarke

Standaard

Rust in vrede...
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Douchen zal nooit meer hetzelfde zijn zonder haar (of nu juist weer wel?). Een groot verlies.

Haar rol in Touch of Evil vond ik trouwens errug sterk. Eigenlijk zelfs beter als die in Psycho. De rol van 'icy blonde' had ze erg goed in de vingers.

Standaard

Een stukje filmgeschiedenis is overleden, RIP

Standaard

Ik kende haar ook niet van naam, wel van Psycho natuurlijk. RIP

Standaard

R.I.P
    *For love some WiLL search the ends of the world..to possess the objects of their desire some even KiLL*
    Mijn collectie

Standaard

Zonde . Weer een filmlegende op veel te jonge leeftijd overleden.
    When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Alles over de nieuwste adventure spellen @ Adventure-Island.nl

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten