Pagina 11 van 16 EersteEerste ... 789101112131415 ... LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 251 tot 275 van 379 worden weergegeven.

Standaard

Die bovenste ziet er interessant uit
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac Bekijk bericht

Voor de Blu ray speler bezitters:
    De blu ray uitgave van deze film zal ander beeld bevatten, niet gewoon het widescreen beeld met balken, maar een SMILEBOX beeld! Ik kan niet wachten!!!!

Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of the restored and remastered edition of How The West Won on 26th August 2008 priced at $34.99 SRP. One of only two narrative feature films produced in the original Cinerama® three-panel widescreen process, How the West Was Won follows four generations of a courageous New England farm family as they travel to the fertile Ohio Valley during America’s early westward expansion.

M-G-M and Cinerama®, Inc. spared no expense to give this sprawling Western saga the huge vistas made possible with the original Cinerama® process. After its initial theatrical engagements in theaters equipped with three synchronized projectors for Cinerama® presentation, the film was subsequently presented on traditional theater screens with the three separate Cinerama® panels being optically joined to form a standard 35mm 2.35:1 widescreen image, leaving most subsequent viewers puzzled by the annoying ‘join lines.’

Following several years of careful development, the technicians at Warner Bros. Motion Picture Imaging perfected a technology that could finally eliminate the ‘join lines,’ and unify the images into a superb viewing experience that captures the essence of the production’s initial road show exhibitions, with an aspect ratio of 2.89:1.

Arriving day-and-date with the new DVD release, the Blu-ray release offers an exclusive in the form of the “SmileBox” version of the film which presents the image with a unique curvature that virtually recreates the true Cinerama® experience in a home theater. This Blu-ray Edition comes with a special Digi-book packaging featuring 32-pages of rare press materials and behind-the-scenes photos.

Some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, including John Wayne, Henry Fonda, James Stewart, Richard Widmark, Gregory Peck, Lee J. Cobb, Debbie Reynolds and Carroll Baker star in How the West Was Won. Set between 1839 and 1889 against the backgrounds of the Louisiana Purchase, the Civil War, buffalo hunters, the Pony Express and the first transcontinental railroad, the film consists of five segments, with direction by Henry Hathaway, John Ford and George Marshall, and written by James R. Webb and John Gay, suggested by a Life Magazine series of the same name. The film was the winner of 3 Academy Awards® (Best Screenplay, Best Sound and Best Editing) as well as being nominated for an additional five Oscars®, including Best Picture. In 1997, How the West Was Won was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the US National Film Registry.

How the West Was Won Special Features:
    • Film Historian Commentary
    • Dave Strohmaier’s critically-acclaimed, feature-length documentary Cinerama® Adventure
    • The Making of How the West Was Won (Archival featurette)
    • Original Theatrical trailer
    (bron: dvdtimes.co.uk)

Standaard

SMILEBOX beeld, wat houd dit in?

Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2002

Standaard

Ik heb dit gevonden op internet: Smilebox process

Ik heb geen idee of dit hetzelfde is als ze bedoelen bij de BluRay van de How The West Was Won.
    "Fred, it's not quite dark enough, I can still see something"

Standaard

Lijkt wel apart,ruimtelijker...

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Wim S. Bekijk bericht
    SMILEBOX beeld, wat houd dit in?

Het cinerama-systeem bestond uit een extreem breed beeld dat met 3 camerá's naast elkaar gefilmd werd en dat door 3 projectoren naast elkaar geprojecteerd werd op een bol scherm. Als toeschouwer zag je dus de uiteinden van het zeer brede widescreen groter (wat dat stuk scherm was dichterbij de kijker) dan het midden. Het beeld op de Blu ray editie recreëert dit beeld dus. Ziet er een beetje uit als een brede grijns, vandaar de naam denk ik...

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Eddy Bekijk bericht
    Ik heb dit gevonden op internet: Smilebox process

Ik heb geen idee of dit hetzelfde is als ze bedoelen bij de BluRay van de How The West Was Won.
    Dit klopt helemaal, zo zal How the west was won er dus gaan uitzien op blu ray.

Standaard

Covers van de Warner Western Classics Collection:

Laatst aangepast door Cinemaniac : 08-05-2008 om 18:12
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

>>Covers van de Warner Western Classics Collection:

Die zien er mooi uit Many rivers to cross misschien maar eens aanschaffen
    I don't say words real good, I stare real well - Clint Eastwood.

134 Blu ray's laatste aanwinst:
    Sherlock Holmes

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door bureaulamp Bekijk bericht
    Dit klopt helemaal, zo zal How the west was won er dus gaan uitzien op blu ray.
    Jammer dat het niet bij de dvd-release gedaan wordt, ik had het graag willen zien. Overigens nog maar de vraag of deze versie hier uitgebracht wordt.
    Maar goed, de dvd-box komt er sowieso in .
    If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. And my straw reaches acrooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake... I drink your milkshake!

Standaard

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Cool Hand Luke (Deluxe Edition) on 9th September 2008 priced at $19.97 SRP. Paul Newman, who was Oscar-nominated for Best actor for his role, gives one of the most powerful performances of his career as Lucas “Luke” Jackson, a cool, gutsy prisoner in a Southern chain gang, who refuses to buckle under to authority, while repeatedly escaping and being recaptured. The prisoners admire Luke because of his gumption but the head of the gang hates him and tries to break him by beating him often. Ultimately Luke gains the respect of all the convicts but with each escape and return he is subjected to more and harsher punishments by the sadistic guards.

Newly remastered, the film boasts an all-new featurette, “A Natural-Born World-Shaker: The Making of Cool Hand Luke,” an in-depth look at the creation of an uncompromising classic. Other extras include commentary by noted writer and Paul Newman biographer Eric Lax and the original trailer.

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Warner Bros. Pictures Gangsters Collection Volume 4 on 23rd September 2008. This latest group of crime genre classics features five new to R1 DVD gangster films: The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse, The Little Giant, Larceny, Inc., Invisible Stripes and Kid Galahad. The films contain bonus features such as rarely-seen Warner Bros. shorts, vintage newsreels and classic cartoons, plus original theatrical trailers. Also included in the collection is an all-new Warner Home Video feature-length documentary, Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film which takes the viewer on an inside look of every aspect of the crime genre and how it came about. The six-disc collection will sell for $59.92 SRP and Kid Galahad will be available as a single title for $19.97.

The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse (1938 )
    Dr. Clitterhouse (Edward G. Robinson) is fascinated by the study of the physical and mental states of lawbreakers, so he joins a gang of jewel thieves for a closer look in this often amusing crime drama. Claire Trevor co-stars as a savvy crime queen, and Humphrey Bogart plays Rocks Valentine, whom Dr. C. calls “a magnificent specimen of pure viciousness.” The movie also marks the start of one of film’s most noteworthy collaborations. John Huston, who was to later direct Bogart in The Maltese Falcon, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and The African Queen, co-wrote the screenplay of The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse.

Special Features:
    • Commentary by Dr. Drew Casper and Richard Jewell
    • Racket Busters theatrical trailer
    • Vintage newsreel
    • WB short: Night Intruder
    • WB cartoons:
      • Cinderella Meets a Fella
      • Count Me Out
    • 1941 Lady Esther Screen Guild Theater Broadcast (audio only)
    • 1944 Gulf Screen Guild Theater Broadcast (audio only)
    • Theatrical trailer
    The Little Giant (1933)
    The era of the bootlegger is past but liquor runner Bugs Ahearn (Edward G. Robinson) has a plan for what he’ll do now that Prohibition is history. He decides to head for California’s posh, polo-playing Santa Barbara to become part of the high society. What he finds there -- swindlers, gold diggers, great fun – makes first class entertainment in this pre-Code gem. Edward G. Robinson shows his comedic chops for the first time, paving the way for such subsequent films as A Slight Case of Murder, Brother Orchid, Larceny, Inc. and more persona-skewering frolics.

Special Features:
    • Commentary by Daniel Bubbeo and John McCarty
    • Vintage newsreel
    • WB short: Just Around the Corner
    • WB cartoon: The Dish Ran Away with the Spoon
    • Theatrical trailer
    Larceny, Inc. (1942)
    Edward G. Robinson once more turns his gangster image on its head in a gleeful romp based on the Broadway farce penned by Laura Perelman and S.J. Perelman. Robinson plays Pressure Maxwell, who emerges from Sing Sing planning to run a dog track with cronies Jug (Broderick Crawford) and Weepy (Edward Brophy). But the plan needs funding, so the group (assisted by Jane Wyman) opens a luggage shop as a front while attempting to tunnel into the bank next door. Now add the store’s unexpected success, a gabby traveling valise salesman (Jack Carson) and the arrival of a sour con (Anthony Quinn) who wants in on the action, and the laughs are thick as thieves.

Special Features:
    • Commentary by Haden Guest and Dana Polan
    • Vintage newsreel
    • The Big Shot theatrical trailer
    • WB short: Winning Your Wings
    • WB cartoons:
      • Porky’s Pastry Pirates
      • The Wabbit Who Came to Supper
    • Theatrical trailer
    Invisible Stripes (1939)
    Parolee Chuck Martin is going straight when he gets out of jail – straight back to a life of crime. In lockup or out in the civilian world, he knows he’ll forever wear a con’s ‘Invisible Stripes.’ As Martin, Humphrey Bogart continues to battle and sneer his way to career stardom in this volatile social-conscience crime saga adapted from a book by warden Lewis E. Lawes. Top-billed George Raft plays Martin’s ex-Sing Sing yard mate Cliff Taylor, who vows to walk away from crime and be a role model for his kid brother (William Holden). But what awaits Taylor are suspicion, public disdain and joblessness. So he turns to a fellow con for help. Then, as now, he finds crime doesn’t pay.

Special Features:
    • Commentary by Alain Silver and James Ursini
    • You Can’t Get Away with Murder Theatrical trailer
    • Vintage newsreel
    • WB short The Monroe Doctrine and Quiet, Please
    • WB cartoons:
      • Bars and Stripes Forever
      • Hare-um Scare-um
    • Theatrical trailer
    Kid Galahad (1937)
    This influential ring saga dramatically links professional boxing to criminal gambling. Edward G. Robinson is racketeer/fight promoter Nick Donati and tightly coiled Humphrey Bogart is Turkey Morgan. They’re rival promoters who, like fighters flinging kidney punches, end up swapping close-range bullets. Bette Davis plays the moll who has a soft spot for the bellhop (Wayne Morris) that Nick is grooming for the heavyweight title. And prolific Michael Curtiz directs this first of his six collaborations with Bogart that would include the romantic masterwork Casablanca and the sly comedy We’re No Angels.

Special Features:
    • Commentary by Art Simon and Robert Sklar
    • It’s Love I’m After theatrical trailer
    • Vintage newsreel
    • WB Shorts: Alibi Mark and Postal Union
    • WB Cartoons:
      • Egghead Rides Again
      • I Wanna Be a Sailor
      • Porky’s Super Service
    • Theatrical trailer
    Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film -- Warner Home Video Documentary
    As popular as these films were in their heyday, seminal giants like Little Caesar and Public Enemy as well as post-war gems like Key Largo and White Heat still hold power over their audiences today. Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film will explore the invention and development of the crime genre; the rise of Warner stars like Cagney, Bogart and Robinson; as well as directors like Walsh, Wellman and Curtiz. It will cover the films themselves and the influence they had on filmmakers all over the world; and the artistic merit that these defining classic films still warrant. Finally, the documentary will celebrate the impact that Warner Bros. Studios had in establishing the iconic Hollywood Gangster, often imitated but never equaled.

Special Features:
    • Four WB Cartoons: I Like Mountain Music, She Was an Acrobat’s Daughter, Racketeer Rabbit and Bugs and Thugs
    Laatst aangepast door Cinemaniac : 20-06-2008 om 23:21
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Klinkt interessant

Standaard

Klinkt inderdaad weer als een leuke box, alleen jammer genoeg geen Cagney dit keer.

Standaard

Dirty Harry Collection - blu-ray @ dvdbeaver

The Discs all appear to be Region-Free!
    en:
    ubtitles: All offer English, English (For the Hearing Impaired), French, German, German (For the Hearing Impaired), Italian, Italian (For the Hearing Impaired), Castellano, Spanish,Dutch, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish
    Laatst aangepast door TheGodfather : 03-06-2008 om 13:22

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door TheGodfather Bekijk bericht

das goed nieuws!

Standaard

Misschien nog niet te vroeg juichen. Op Amazon.com staat deze Blue-Ray box wel degelijk aangegeven als "U.S. and Canada only!!".
    Erg jammer als dat inderdaad het geval is.....
    Live your life like it's your last day because one day you'll be right!!

Standaard

http://bluray.liesinc.net/

Hier geven ze aan dat iig dirty harry regiovrij is..geeft de burger weer wat meer moed!

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door reusla Bekijk bericht
    Misschien nog niet te vroeg juichen. Op Amazon.com staat deze Blue-Ray box wel degelijk aangegeven als "U.S. and Canada only!!".
    Erg jammer als dat inderdaad het geval is.....
    Amazon is geen geschikte bron

Hij is gewoon regiovrij, en bevat nederlandse ondertiteling.
    "If a man can bridge the gap between life and death. I mean, if he can live on after he has died, then maybe he was a great man."
    ~James Dean

Standaard

Mijn handen jeuken op hem aan te schaffen. Ziet er echt uit als een geweldige set.
    58 euro bij pacific, is nog wel te doen

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Aloys Bekijk bericht
    Amazon is geen geschikte bron

Hij is gewoon regiovrij, en bevat nederlandse ondertiteling.
    I don't say words real good, I stare real well - Clint Eastwood.

134 Blu ray's laatste aanwinst:
    Sherlock Holmes

Standaard

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Picture of Dorian Gray on 7th October 2008 priced at $19.97 SRP. George Sanders, Angela Lansbury and Donna Reed star in MGM’s 1945 adaptation of Oscar Wilde's Victorian horror novel about a man who stays eternally young while his famous portrait ages through the years. The film was nominated for three Academy Awards - winning one for Best Cinematography and a Best Supporting Actress nomination for Miss Lansbury.

The Picture of Dorian Gray has been remastered especially for this release and boasts new bonus features, including cast commentaries, a vintage short plus a special cartoon.

Special Features:
    • Cast commentaries by Angela Lansbury and film historian/screenwriter Steve Haberman
    • 1945 MGM short Stairway To Light
    • 1945 MGM cartoon Quiet Please!
    • Theatrical trailer
    • English, French and Spanish subtitles (Main Feature only)
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Eindelijk!

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of L.A. Confidential (2-Disc Special Edition) on 23rd September 2008 priced at $20.97 SRP. Directed by Curtis Hanson and based on James Ellroy’s “L.A. Quartet” series of novels, L.A. Confidential was nominated for seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director, winning two (Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress for Kim Basinger). The evocative and sordid tale of Hollywood in days gone by boasts an all-star cast which, in addition to Basinger, includes Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Danny Devito, Guy Pearce and James Cromwell. The plot, involving three cops, a call girl, a mysterious millionaire and a tabloid journalist, is rife with mystery, ambition, romance and humor.

Digitally remastered, extras include…

Disc 1
    • Commentary by Andrew Sarris
    • Music Only Track
    • Trailers and TV Spots
    • Showest
    • Nite Owl Action
    • Hollywood
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Soundtrack Promo

Disc 2
    • Whatever You Desire: Making L.A. Confidential
    • Sunlight and Shadow: The Visual Style of L.A. Confidential
    • A True Ensemble: The Cast of L.A. Confidential
    • L.A. Confidential: From Book to Screen
    • Off the Record
    • Photo Pitch
    • The L.A. of L.A. Confidential Hollywood Center Motel
    • Formosa Café
    • Sid Hudgen's Office
    • Victory Motel
    • Bidwell's Office
    • Nick's Liquor
    • Lynn Bracken's House
    • Frolic's Room
    • Pierce Patchett's House
    • Movie Premiere Pot Bust
    • Mrs. Leffert's House
    • Nite Owl Café
    • Navarette's Hole-up
    • Fitch House
    • City Hall
    • L.A. Confidential [2000 TV Pilot]
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Kijk, hier zit ik nou op te wachten

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of new Two-Disc Special Editions of Gigi and An American in Paris on 16th September 2008. Priced at $20.97 SRP each these musical classics have been lovingly restored and remastered and come complete with extras as detailed below…

Gigi
    • Glorious New Transfer
    • New Commentary with Leslie Caron and Film Historian Jeanine Basinger
    • Thank Heaven! The Making of Gigi Documentary
    • Original 1949 Nonmusical Gigi Movie
    • More!

An American in Paris
    • Astonishing Ultra-resolution Picture
    • Stellar New ’S Wonderful Making of Documentary
    • Gene Kelly: Anatomy of a Dancer Profile
    • More!

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Wat een geweldige covers weer, zeg . Ik ben wel bereid de gok te wagen (ook al ken ik ze niet).
    Over How The West Was Won, er waren geruchten dat de smilebox-versie ook op de SD dvd zou staan. Ik hoop van wel.
    If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. And my straw reaches acrooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake... I drink your milkshake!

Pagina 11 van 16 EersteEerste ... 789101112131415 ... LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten