Pagina 14 van 16 EersteEerste ... 410111213141516 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 326 tot 350 van 379 worden weergegeven.
    Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2002

Standaard

Ik was in eerste instantie ook erg blij toen ik dit nieuws las, maar de films in deze serie zijn wel postproduction code in tegenstelling tot de eerste set. Qua vrijheid moest Busby dus wel het een en ander inleveren bij de films in deze nieuwe box. De films in deze tweede set ken ik eerlijk gezegd niet, maar ik heb wel gelezen dat ze duidelijk van mindere kwaliteit zijn dan volume 1. De dansnummers zouden al minder groot zijn, minder spectaculair gefilmd en ook minder in aantal.

Ik wacht vooralsnog even af of ik deze ga bestellen. De prijs is echter zeer vriendelijk, dus wie weet bestel ik hem binnenkort alsnog.
    "Fred, it's not quite dark enough, I can still see something"

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Eddy Bekijk bericht
    Ik was in eerste instantie ook erg blij toen ik dit nieuws las, maar de films in deze serie zijn wel postproduction code in tegenstelling tot de eerste set. Qua vrijheid moest Busby dus wel het een en ander inleveren bij de films in deze nieuwe box. De films in deze tweede set ken ik eerlijk gezegd niet, maar ik heb wel gelezen dat ze duidelijk van mindere kwaliteit zijn dan volume 1. De dansnummers zouden al minder groot zijn, minder spectaculair gefilmd en ook minder in aantal.

Ik wacht vooralsnog even af of ik deze ga bestellen. De prijs is echter zeer vriendelijk, dus wie weet bestel ik hem binnenkort alsnog.
    Ach, zelfs wat mindere Busby is nog altijd prima te pruimen lijkt me. Al bevat iedere film maar enkele momenten van genialiteit dan lijkt me dat al voldoende. En zeker voor dat geld kan er niet heel veel misgaan!
    The only mature I care about is Victor Mature - The Boys in the Band

Filmblog | DVD's/Blu-ray's | Filmlijstje | Last.fm

Standaard

Heuy, een nieuwe set. Dat is iets voor volgende maand.
    Misschien ben ik wel een gokjunkie en een leugenaar, maar ik heb hulp nodig. Kan ik misschien wat geld van je lenen?
    Scorsese te ruil

Standaard

Warner Home Video has announced DVD ($19.96) and Blu-ray ($28.99) releases of Being There which stars Peter Sellers, and Shirley Maclaine. This "Deluxe Edition" of the Hal Ashby directed film will be available to own from the 3rd February 2009. As well as a remastered presentation, the DVD will include a Memories From Being There featurette with Illeana Douglas (granddaughter of Melvyn Douglas). The Blu-ray release will include that, along with additional scenes/outtakes, and an alternate ending.

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door TheGodfather Bekijk bericht
    Weer met de digital copy!! het meest nutteloze ooit!!!
    Rotzooi voor kleuters... het neemt kostbare plaats in en who the fuck zit er te wachten op een HD-presentatie op een schermpje op grootte van een gsm?
    DVD-pagina - DVD Info - Facebook - SafeTrader
    Ik heb een fantasy-boek geschreven! Lees er alles over hier!

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Werner Peeters Bekijk bericht
    Rotzooi voor kleuters... het neemt kostbare plaats in en who the fuck zit er te wachten op een HD-presentatie op een schermpje op grootte van een gsm?
    Echt hey.
    zouden er nou echt mensen op zitten te wachten??
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Werner Peeters Bekijk bericht
    Niemand, als je het mij vraagt. Heb bij diverse forums niet één positieve reactie gezien op die digital copies. Zal me niets verbazen als de studio's binnen een jaar ophouden met deze onzin.

On-topic:

3 februari 2009 is het Natalie Wood Day. Warner brengt dan een Signature Collection box uit van de te vroeg overleden actrice, met daarin: Splendor in the Grass, The Gypsy, Sex and the Single Girl, Bombers B-52 and The Cash McCall.

Tevens op dezelfde datum wordt de Deluxe Edition van Brainstorm gereleased:

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac Bekijk bericht
    Niemand, als je het mij vraagt. Heb bij diverse forums niet één positieve reactie gezien op die digital copies. Zal me niets verbazen als de studio's binnen een jaar ophouden met deze onzin.

Voor de mensen die er wel in geinteresseerd zijn (als die bestaan) is het goed dat ze het aanbieden. Maar het moet ook andersom gebeuren: laat de mensen dan de kans tussen de 1 en 2 disc zonder die digital copy of de 3 disc met. Nu ben je verplicht de 3 disc aan te schaffen als je de extra`s wilt hebben van de 2e disc...

Standaard

Voor de liefhebbers:

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Sex and the City: The Movie (Ultimate Collector’s Edition) on 9th December 2008 priced at $69.98 SRP. The big screen outing of the TV series sees all the familiar faces return.

Arriving just a few short months after the standard DVD release in September, this 4-Disc Limited Edition set boasts close to 4 ½ hours of extra features including “The Party that Never Was”, a new and exclusive look at the party celebrating the release of the DVD and “Strike a Pose”, the Vogue wedding dress photo shoot. Also included is “Sex and the City – Songs of Romance” – an exclusive music CD compilation featuring songs inspired by the movie.

The set also features a hardcover photo book featuring photography from the movie, quotes from the script and romantically inspired selections of love letters from legendary men. Lastly you will also find a individually numbered certificate of authenticity.

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Ik heb de NL release van de dirty harry box blu ray gepreorderd bij dvdoutlet maar staat nog steeds bij details als pre order, weet iemand of deze set uitgesteld is, heeft iemand hem al ergens in de winkels zien liggen of via een NL-site binnen gekregen?

Ik kan de thread niet vinden vandaar hier mijn vraag

Standaard

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of two Warner Bros. Horror Double Features on 9th December 2008. Priced at $19.98 SRP each are The Shuttered Room/It! and Chamber of Horrors/The Brides of Fu Manchu.

The Shuttered Room (1967) / It! (1966)
    The Shuttered Room is a gothic thriller starring Carol Lynley and Gig Young as a couple visiting the New England millhouse they inherited. In their eagerness to explore, they disregard the warnings of the very strange locals and are faced with mystery and madness.

When a fire destroys a section of a London Museum only one statue survives. It is a mystical monster created by a 16th century rabbi that seems to have the power to withstand all attempts at destruction. Roddy McDowall (Planet of the Apes) stars in It! as a museum assistant who hopes to use the creature to do his bidding.

Chamber of Horrors (1966) / The Brides of Fu Manchu (1966)
    Chamber of Horrors is a film so scary that special on-screen devices called The Fear Flasher (visual warning) and Horror Horn (audible warning) are included to warn viewers of the most horrific moments. Patrick O’Neal stars as a one-handed maniac on a death spree who utilizes specially designed tools to chop, rip and skewer those who he believes have wronged him.

The Brides of Fu Manchu is the second in a series of five Fu Manchu films about the Asian villain Fu Manchu attempting to stay one step ahead of his Scotland Yard adversary. This time, in another attempt at world domination, Fu Manchu and his henchmen kidnap daughters of the world’s leading scientists, demanding they build him a death-ray weapon or the girls will die. Hammer Films icon Christopher Lee portrays the mastermind of terror.

The films are presented in anamorphic widescreen with English Mono audio and English and French subtitles.

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

cover art: The Notebook LE:

Standaard

Een mooie box van één van de mooiste actrices ooit.

DVDBeaver Review - The Natalie Wood Collection

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

TCM Archives: Forbidden Hollywood Collection Volume 3

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of TCM Archives: Forbidden Hollywood Collection Volume 3 on 24th March 2009 priced at $49.92 SRP. WHV and Turner Classic Movies partner again for this Pre-Code collection that shines the spotlight on director William “Wild Bill” Wellman. The set includes six classic controversial Wellman films on double-feature discs: Other Men’s Women/The Purchase Price; Frisco Jenny/Midnight Mary and Heroes for Sale/Wild Boys of the Road. Starring big headliners of the era like Barbara Stanwyck, Mary Astor, Joan Blondell, Loretta Young, James Cagney and George Brent, each of the films has been digitally remastered from newly-restored film elements. Also included is a fourth bonus disc containing two feature-length documentaries profiling the director, along with new commentaries, original theatrical trailers, vintage Warner Bros. shorts and cartoons of the era.

“William Wellman’s cinematic legacy is varied, outstanding and provocative. Wellman made the most significant contributions to defining the ‘pre-code’ sensibility of the studio,” said George Feltenstein, WHV’s Senior Vice President Theatrical Catalog Marketing. “Wellman took no prisoners. He was not afraid to confront subjects such as drug abuse, prostitution, and others that most directors wouldn’t touch. His distinctive style is what motivated us to build this latest Forbidden Hollywood Collection around six of his most impressive works from the early ‘30s. Contemporary audiences discovering these films for the first time are in for an eye-opening experience, while cinephiles will enjoy revisiting them with the dramatic new picture quality in these new restored masters.”

The films are all presented in Full Frame with English Mono audio and English and French subtitles.

The Films

Disc 1

Other Men's Women (1931)
    This is the story of a love triangle between two burly railroad men and the one woman they both desire (Mary Astor). Jack (Regis Toomey), Lily’s husband, is an engineer and is more solid and reliable, while Bill (Grant Withers) is a carefree ladies' man with an irresponsible streak. Also featured in secondary roles in this melodrama are James Cagney and Joan Blondell as a wisecracking waitress. Directed with his signature virile style, Wellman balances scenes of fraying domesticity with vigorous vignettes of tough railroad life.

The Purchase Price (1932)
    This film is a brisk Wellman mix of comedy and melodrama about torch singer Joan Gordon (Barbara Stanwyck), who tiring of her relationship with small-time hood Eddie Fields (Lyle Talbot), flees to North Dakota and becomes the mail-order bride of down-to-earth farmer Jim Gilson (George Brent). Their wedded bliss is threatened by Gilson's own stubbornness, a lecherous neighbor and the reappearance of Fields.

Disc One 1 Special Features:
    • S.S. Van Dine Detective short The Wall Street Mystery
    • Two classic cartoons: Moonlight for Two, You Don’t Know What You’re Doin’!
    • Theatrical trailers from both films
    Disc 2

Frisco Jenny (1932)
    Along with his films about men in dire straits, Wellman helmed a string of so-called women’s pictures like this one. Ruth Chatterton plays the title role of Frisco Jenny, a woman orphaned by the 1906 earthquake who becomes the madam of a prosperous brothel. She puts her son up for adoption, and as he rises to prominence as district attorney he becomes dedicated to closing down such houses. When her associate proposes killing the DA, she kills the associate and must face execution.

Midnight Mary (1933)
    Often referred to by film buffs as “the only Warner Bros. movie ever made by MGM”, this crime melodrama (based on a story by Anita Loos) was so much in the Warner mode, that Metro borrowed the services of Wellman, Loretta Young, and many others to bring it to the screen. Young plays a young woman on trial for murder, whose story is told in flashback, as she awaits her verdict. Mary Martin (yes, that’s the character’s name!) recalls how her life of desperate poverty led to involvement with gangsters. When she meets a young lawyer in a brothel, scion of a wealthy and prestigious family, he helps her turn around her life. But her past catches up with her, and she chooses to face the consequences rather than cause him scandal. With a screenplay by the writers of the pivotal Warner Bros. pre-code gems, Baby Face and Female (Gene Markey and Kathryn Scola), Midnight Mary ranks among Wellman’s best films of the era.

Disc Two Special Features:
    • Commentary on Midnight Mary by historians Jeffrey Vance and Tony Maietta
    • S.S. Van Dine Detective short: The Studio Murder Mystery
    • Vintage Pete Smith short: Goofy Movies #1
    • Classic cartoon Bosko’s Parlor Pranks
    Disc 3

Heroes for Sale (1933)
    Heroes for Sale, filmed with raw, gritty immediacy by the no-nonsense Wellman, covers all the Depression-era bases, and puts the spotlight on the plight of veterans. This is the hard-hitting story of Tom Holmes (Richard Barthelmess), an unsung war hero left wounded and addicted to morphine whose struggles make him an American Everyman, a tough hero for a tough time. 75 years after it was first released, Heroes For Sale retains its unrelenting power to shock and deeply move all who see it.

Wild Boys of the Road (1933)
    One of Wellman’s most personal and expressive films, Wild Boys of the Road has achieved legendary status in recent years as one of the most provocative screen representations of its time. It’s the depression, and Tommy Gordon's mother has been out of work for months. Things get worse in the neighborhood when his pal Eddie's father loses his job. Not to burden their parents, the two high school sophomores decide to hop the freights and look for work. This socially conscience message film helped draw attention to wandering youths cut adrift by hard times. Frankie Darro, whose acting career stretched from the 1920s into the ‘70s, portrays Eddie. And the actress posing as a boy in the film is played by Dorothy Coonan, who became the real life Mrs. William Wellman.

Disc Three Special Features:
    • Commentary on Heroes for Sale by historian John Gallagher
    • Commentary on Wild Boys of the Road by William Wellman Jr. and historian Frank Thompson
    • S.S. Van Dine Detective short: The Trans-Atlantic Mystery
    • Two classic cartoons: One Step Ahead of My Shadow, Sittin’ on a Backyard Fence

Bonus Disc

Wild Bill: Hollywood Maverick (1995)
    William Wellman Jr. served as Executive Producer for this award-winning, critically-acclaimed documentary portrait of his famous father, ably explaining why the elder Wellman earned the nickname of “Wild Bill.” Narrated by Alec Baldwin, the engrossing documentary is highlighted by a plethora of rare film clips from Wellman’s impressive screen career, as well as insightful and provocative reflections of Wellman the man, as well as Wellman the director, from such luminaries as Sidney Poitier, Robert Redford, Clint Eastwood, Gregory Peck, Richard Widmark and James Garner,

Through the use of newly photographed and rare archival footage, Wellman Jr. traces his dad’s life from his birth in Brookline, Massachusetts in 1896, through his distinguished World War I career as a flier (which later got him the job of directing the classic silent film Wings), his start as a mail boy at Goldwyn, his rise to director in the 20's, his five marriages and stormy career through the 30's to late 50's, with a total filmography of more than 80 films.

The Men Who Made the Movies (William Wellman) (2007)
    Originally produced in 1973 for his ground-breaking PBS miniseries The Men Who Made The Movies, filmmaker Richard Schickel revisits the subject of William Wellman, and explores the career and the legend of the Oscar-winning screenwriter-director of the original A Star Is Born (1937). Updated in 2007, this revised program is narrated by Sydney Pollack, and is primarily constructed around interviews Schickel conducted with Wellman for the original series. Wellman’s wry sense of humor in the interviews is in full glory here, as he recalls his World War I service as an aviator, where he first earned the moniker of “Wild Bill,” a nickname that persisted in Hollywood due to his "larger-than-life" personality and lifestyle. A leap-year baby born in 1896 on the 29th of February to a stockbroker father in Brookline, Massachusetts, Wellman was the great-great-great grandson of Francis Lewis, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. His mother, the former Cecilia McCarthy, was born in Ireland. Despite an upper-middle class upbringing, the young Wellman was a hell-raiser. He excelled as an athlete and particularly enjoyed playing ice hockey, but he also enjoyed less savory pastimes, like joy-riding in stolen cars at night.

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Ik had deze al zien staan inderdaad. wordt voor mij zeker een aankoop. Heb nog erg weinig van Wellman gezien, maar heb wel het gevoel dat het een filmmaker is waarmee ik kan connecten. Dus laat maar komen deze!
    The only mature I care about is Victor Mature - The Boys in the Band

Filmblog | DVD's/Blu-ray's | Filmlijstje | Last.fm

Standaard

De tweede volume van Forbidden Hollywood vond ik erg goed, een toffe ontdekking. Zal deze waarschijnlijk ook wel gaan aanschaffen.

Standaard

Ik moet ook eens gaan beginnen aan die Forbidden Hollywood Collection. Ik heb wel eens wat uit die eerste box gezien, en dat was echt de moeite waard. Die Wellman lijkt me wel een prachtig figuur. Ik heb die derde in de pre-order staan. Die andere koop ik wel eens als ze weer in de aanbieding zijn.
    Misschien ben ik wel een gokjunkie en een leugenaar, maar ik heb hulp nodig. Kan ik misschien wat geld van je lenen?
    Scorsese te ruil

Standaard

Bij mij staan die Forbidden Hollywood-boxen ook al tijden op de wishlist. Ik ga maar eens een begin maken met het aanschaffen daarvan denk ik, want pre-code was een interessant tijdperk en van die boxen vrees ik dat ze op een gegeven moment wel eens uit de catalogus zullen verdwijnen.

Standaard

Iets meer over de Woodstock Ultimate Edition die in juni uitkomt:

hier een artikel over de uitgave

The Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music: Ultimate Collector's Edition will include a bunch of collectibles.

Standaard

Forbidden Hollywood Vol. 3 @ dvdbeaver (klik voor de recensie)

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door TheGodfather Bekijk bericht
    Iets meer over de Woodstock Ultimate Edition die in juni uitkomt:

hier een artikel over de uitgave

The Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music: Ultimate Collector's Edition will include a bunch of collectibles.
    FAR OUT, MAN!
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Weet iemand een mooi prijsje voor die Forbidden Hollywood boxen?
    Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

My Dvd's & Blu Rays | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Ik heb laatst die eerste voor 20 euro van de amazon.co marketplace. bij amazon.com staat hij er niet meer bij. Zal wel OOP gaan denk ik, ik zou dus niet te lang wachten. deel 2 is nu 50% off bij amazon.com. Ik heb hem snel aangeklikt. 25 euro inc. verzenden. Mooi moment om te kopen dus, goedkoper worden ze niet.
    Laatst aangepast door DanielC. : 14-03-2009 om 17:00
    Scorsese te ruil

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door DanielC. Bekijk bericht
    Ik heb laatst die eerste voor 20 euro van de amazon.co marketplace. bij amazon.com staat hij er niet meer bij. Zal wel OOP gaan denk ik, ik zou dus niet te lang wachten. deel 2 is nu 50% off bij amazon.com. Ik heb hem snel aangeklikt. 25 euro inc. verzenden. Mooi moment om te kopen dus, goedkoper worden ze niet.
    Ik volume 1 meteen maar besteld bij Axelmusic (23,50 ex. verzendkosten). Deze heb ik al zo enorm lang op m'n verlanglijst staan dat ik het risico niet wil lopen hem nu toch nog mis te lopen.

Standaard

Heb zelf deel 2 en 3 besteld, samen met de Busby Berkeley box vol 1.
    Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

My Dvd's & Blu Rays | WhatIWatch

Pagina 14 van 16 EersteEerste ... 410111213141516 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten