Pagina 3 van 16 EersteEerste 123456713 ... LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 51 tot 75 van 379 worden weergegeven.

Standaard

Meer boxen op komst:

Warner Home Video has announced plans to release their own six-disc The Marlon Brando Collection for 7th November 2006 - not to be confused with the existing Universal release. This collection contains five movies with the most prominent being a deluxe two-disc special edition of Mutiny on the Bounty, which has been totally remastered. The other four films are: Julius Caesar, The Formula, Reflections in a Golden Eye and Teahouse of the August Moon, with each benefiting from a new digitally remastered transfer. Only two of these titles will be available outside of the collection, those are the Mutiny on the Bounty special edition priced at around $26.99, and Julius Caesar, which is expected to go for $19.97, whilst the full collection will go for $59.92. We've attached a detailed listing of each disc in the collection below. Stay tuned for the artwork, which should be along shortly.

Mutiny on The Bounty (1962)

Disc One:

Alternate prologue and epilogue sequences not seen theatrically
    Two vintage featurettes:
    - 1964 New YorkWorld’s Fair Promo
    - Story of the HMS Bounty
    Marlon Brando movies trailer gallery
    New digital transfer from restored Ultra-Panavision 65mm elements
    Soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1
    Languages: English & French
    Subtitles: English, French & Spanish (feature film only)

Disc Two:

New featurette After the Cameras Stopped Rolling: The Journey of the Bounty
    Two vintage featurettes:
    - Voyage of the Bounty to St. Petersburg
    - Tour of the Bounty

Julius Caesar (1953)

Introduction by TCM host Robert Osborne
    New featurette The Rise of Two Legends
    Soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1
    Theatrical trailers

The Formula (1980)

Commentary by director John G. Avildsen and screenwriter Steve Shagan
    Theatrical trailer
    Languages: English & French

Reflections in a Golden Eye (1967)

Vintage behind-the-scenes footage
    Theatrical trailers

The Teahouse of the August Moon (1956)

Vintage featurette Operation Teahouse
    Theatrical trailers
    2.55:1 Aspect Ratio with stereophonic sound
    American icon - Gary Cooper - is to receive the Signature Collection treatment by Warner Home Video when Gary Cooper: The Signature Collection is released on 7th November 2006. This six-disc boxed set will contain the Sergeant York two-disc special edition as well as: The Fountainhead, Springfield Rifle, The Wreck of Mary Deare and Dallas. All but two titles will be exclusive to this collection, those not exclusive include Sergeant York that will sell separately for $26.99, and The Fountainhead which is expected to retail for $19.97 - the full collection will have a $49.92 price tag.

The Sergeant York two-disc special edition will include a commentary by Jeannine Basinger, classic cartoon "Porky’s Preview," vintage short "Lions for Sale" and a Cooper trailer gallery on the first disc. On the second disc there will be two documentaries, the first is a making-of featurette called "Sergeant York: Of God and Country," whilst the second is a vintage biographical profile "Gary Cooper: American Life, American Legend."

Each of the the films will feature both an English and French soundtrack, with English, French and Spanish supported for subtitles. Only the The Fountainhead - from the remaining four - contains a special feature, being a featurette called "The Making of The Fountainhead." There is currently no cover artwork to display for these releases, but we will add the images as soon as they arrives.
    On November 14, 2006, Warner Home Video will celebrate one of Hollywood’s living legends with the debut of The Paul Newman Collection—seven of the actor’s films never before available on DVD. Harper, The Drowning Pool, The Left-Handed Gun, The Mackintosh Man, Pocket Money, Somebody Up There Likes Me and The Young Philadelphians comprise the seven-disc giftset, enhanced with new and archival featurettes, and available for $59.92 SRP. Harper will also be sold as a single title for $19.97 SRP. We attached a detailed listing of each disc and their features below. Stay tuned for the artwork, which should be along shortly.

Harper (1966)

Commentary by screenwriter William Goldman
    Introduction by TCM host Robert Osborne
    Theatrical trailer
    Languages: English & Français
    Subtitles: English, Français & Español (feature film only)

Drowning Pool (1975)

Vintage featurette Harper Days Are Here Again
    Theatrical trailer

The Left Handed Gun (1958)

Commentary by director Arthur Penn
    Theatrical trailer

The Mackintosh Man (1973)

Vintage featurette John Huston: The Man, The Myth, The Moviemaker
    Theatrical trailer

Pocket Money (1972)

Theatrical trailer

Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956)

Commentary by Paul Newman, Robert Loggia, Director Robert Wise,
    Martin Scorsese and Richard Schickel
    Theatrical trailer

The Young Philadelphians (1959)

Commentary by director Vincent Sherman and film historian Drew Casper, author of
    Postwar Hollywood 1946-1962
    Theatrical trailer
    Bron: dvdactive.com
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Het houd niet op.
    Vooral die Cooper box met eindelijk Sergeant York, een SE nogwel.
    dvdtimes
    Verder Julius Ceaser ook heel mooi.

Standaard

Tjongejonge, wat een geweldig mooie nieuwe box sets!
    Met name de Masterpieces (topfilms!!), de 2e Weissmuller box en de oude horror films hebben mijn 1e voorkeur. Maar de rest zal er ook wel komen.

Standaard

De inmiddels welbekende 3-Disc Set van:

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Mooi hoor. Voor de volledigheid nog even de extra's:
    This all-new 3-Disc Special Edition is full of extras, including two features which preceded Bogie’s landmark Falcon -- the 1931 pre-code version of The Maltese Falcon and the 1936 film, Satan Met a Lady, starring Bette Davis.

Disc One Special Features:

* New digital transfer of 1941 movie from restored elements
    * Commentary by Bogart biographer Eric Lax
    * Warner Night at the Movies 1941 short subjects gallery:
    o Vintage Newsreel, Oscar®-Nominated Technicolor musical short The Gay Parisian
    o Classic Cartoon: Oscar® nominee Hiawatha’s Rabbit Hunt
    o Trailers of The Maltese Falcon and 1941’s Sergeant York
    * Languages: English & French (1941 movie only)
    * Subtitles: English, French & Spanish (1941 movie only)

Disc Two Special Features:

* 2 Previous movie versions of the classic Hammett caper:
    o The Maltese Falcon (1931) with Bebe Daniels and Ricardo Cortez
    o Satan Met a Lady (1936) with Bette Davis and Warren William
    * Theatrical trailers

Disc Three Special Features:

* New Documentary The Maltese Falcon: One Magnificent Bird
    * Robert Osborne Hosts Becoming Attractions: The Trailers of Humphrey Bogart
    * Breakdowns of 1941: Studio Blooper Reel
    * Audio-only bonus: 3 radio show adaptations featuring the movie’s original stars including a version starring Edward G. Robinson
    Die pre-code versie klinkt erg interessant. Ik heb een speciale interesse voor alles wat met pre-code te maken heeft. 3 oktober staat genoteerd in mijn agenda.

Over pre-code gesproken: in de eerste posting in deze thread werd gesproken over een speciale box met dat soort films. Is daar al iets meer over bekend?

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac

Vreemd, ik zie de dvd nog steeds niet op dvdpacific staan, terwijl ze daar normaal toch altijd vrij snel zijn als het om toekomstige releases gaat. De box van Bogart staat er wel op (met Maltese Falcon erin).

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Richard Boon
    Die pre-code versie klinkt erg interessant. Ik heb een speciale interesse voor alles wat met pre-code te maken heeft. 3 oktober staat genoteerd in mijn agenda.

Over pre-code gesproken: in de eerste posting in deze thread werd gesproken over een speciale box met dat soort films. Is daar al iets meer over bekend?
    Pre-code? Ik weet eigenlijk nog geen eens wat dat is...
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Pre-code films zijn film die gemaakt zijn voor de motion picture production code of Hayes code die in 1934 van kracht werd, zie artikel hieronder.

wikipedia

Standaard

Op onderstaand blog staat wat over deze aankondiging, wel nieuws uit februari, zou anders op Home Theater Forum kijken hebben misschien meer nieuws.
    blog

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Kaplan
    Pre-code films zijn film die gemaakt zijn voor de motion picture production code of Hayes code die in 1934 van kracht werd, zie artikel hieronder.

wikipedia
    Inderdaad. En deze films zijn (voor die tijd) dan ook wat 'gewaagder' dan de films die je normaal verwacht uit die periode. Daar hoef je je niet heel extreme dingen bij voor te stellen, maar qua kleding en qua inhoudelijke boodschap waren deze films hun tijd vaak flink vooruit.

Op onderstaand blog staat wat over deze aankondiging, wel nieuw uit februari, zou anders op Home Theater Forum kijken hebben misschien meer nieuws.
    blog
    Bedankt. Daar staat al de nodige interessante feiten op.

Standaard

Het is wel te hopen dat Warner die 3-disc versie ook ZO hier uitbrengt!

En niet net als "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" een 1-disc versie.

Standaard

Deze is mooi

Astaire and Rogers: 12-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition Box

Bevat de volgende films:

- Top Hat
    - Swing Time
    - Follow the Fleet
    - Shall We Dance
    - The Barkleys of Broadway
    - Carefree
    - Flying Down To Rio
    - The Gay Divorcee
    - Roberta
    - Story of Vernon and Irene Castle

Plus de documentaire Astaire and Rogers: Partners in Rhythm, een audio CD met 10 soundtrack songs uit de films, een set collectible behind-the-scenes fotokaarten, reproductions van Shall We Dance en Roberta persboeken en een mail-in offer voor vier Astaire & Rogers filmposters.
    Werkelijk schitterend, maar dan moet Warner die box wel ook hier uitbrengen.

Eerst waren het 2 boxen en die waren alleen in amerika uit.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door zetmoon

Hier zit ik dus al een poosje op te wachten heb de film nog niet in mijn bezit, maar expres gewacht op een betere versie dan de huidige.
    When I was your age, they would say you could become cops or criminals. What I'm saying is this: When you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?
    - Frank Costello (The Departed)

Mijn Collectie

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Bob Hiemstra

Hier zit ik dus al een poosje op te wachten heb de film nog niet in mijn bezit, maar expres gewacht op een betere versie dan de huidige.
    Dan heb je lang moeten wachten, die vorige versie is al jaaaaaaren
    te koop.
    En er is niet veel mis mee hoor.

Standaard

Die Maltese Falcon schaf ik sowieso aan. Klinkt erg goed!
    De andere sets zien er ook goed uit, maar zullen waarschijnlijk wat te prijzig zijn
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Dan heb je lang moeten wachten, die vorige versie is al jaaaaaaren
    te koop.
    En er is niet veel mis mee hoor.
    Nouja het is ongeveer een jaar geleden dat ik echt interesse heb gekregen in deze film dus zo lang heb ik niet hoeven wachten
    When I was your age, they would say you could become cops or criminals. What I'm saying is this: When you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?
    - Frank Costello (The Departed)

Mijn Collectie

Standaard

wikipedia
    Bedankt voor de uitleg

En dan nu voor 't goede nieuws:

Warner Home Video and Turner Classic Movies (TCM) partner to spotlight three rare ground-breaking films from Hollywood’s Pre-Production Code era with the Region 1 DVD release of TCM Archives: Forbidden Hollywood Collection Volume 1 on 5th December 2006.. This first in a series of releases of provocative, shocking feature films from the Warner Bros. library is a restored and remastered Two-Disc Collection of three legendary and notorious films. The films -- which earned their place in history thanks to three daring young actresses who undertook these racy, and riveting roles -- pay tribute to an extraordinary time before the censors cut the party short.

Baby Face, starring Barbara Stanwyck, is the most famous title, required viewing for anyone interested in how far Hollywood would go before censorship kicked in. This collection boasts a rarely seen pre-release version, thought lost for 70 years and shot before censors eliminated several scenes. Recently discovered and restored by the Library of Congress, this authentic version of Baby Face has been digitally remastered, and is a revelation to legions of fans familiar with the previously seen “theatrical release” version. The New York Times’ Dave Kehr wrote “[Baby Face] remains one of the most stunningly sordid films ever made, a standout even among the wave of risqué entertainments that filled American screens in the early years of the Depression. Even the cut version is a jaw-dropper; [now] with its five full minutes of sleaze restored, it [the original version] has to be seen to be not quite believed.” This Collection will treat viewers to both versions, allowing them to compare how certain scenes were carefully pruned, heavily edited, or replaced entirely.

Also featured is Red Headed Woman, starring Jean Harlow in one of her best early films, written by the famed Anita Loos (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes), where Harlow shines and beguiles as an avaricious secretary out to climb the social ladder even if it’s on her back. Waterloo Bridge, the first adaptation of famed playwright Robert E. Sherwood’s stirring play, starring Mae Clarke (Frankenstein, The Public Enemy) as a prostitute in World War I-torn London, and directed by the legendary James Whale (Show Boat [1936], Frankenstein), rounds out the Collection. This deluxe two-disc set is available at the collectible price of $49.92 SRP.

About the Production Code

It was not the roaring ‘20s, as is generally believed, but the four years between 1929 and 1934 that was the real era of wide-open sexuality in films. Before Hollywood began enforcing a self-imposed Production Code, many films allowed for extraordinary frankness, including nudity, adultery, premarital sex and prostitution.

Film industry censorship began in 1922, following a trio of scandals that rocked Hollywood: the Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle rape/murder trial, the never-solved murder of director William Desmond Taylor and the drug-related death of matinee idol Wallace Reid. In 1930, a new version of the Production Code was drafted to standardize the censorship requirements of various states, since the inception of talking films made it difficult to arbitrarily cut offending scenes.

However, the studios merely paid lip-service to the Code since they were more interested in finding ways to lure dwindling Depression era audiences into theatres.

The Pre-Code era “officially” kicked off with the 1929 release of The Divorcee, starring Norma Shearer, with a startling story of a woman who discovers her husband has had an affair and sets out to “balance the account.” The phenomenal critical and financial success of this picture led other studios to attempt to top it and soon almost every actress in Hollywood was required to sin and repent. The sensational series of films that emerged helped Hollywood survive its economic crisis and moviegoers enjoy the vicarious thrills the films provided.

The era came to an abrupt close beginning July 1,1934, when Catholic watchdog groups threatened boycotts of all films and the Church established the Legion of Decency to monitor movies. Studio heads bowed to the pressure and the era of censorship began, lasting until the establishment of the industry’s rating system in 1968.

About the Movies

Baby Face (1933)
    Baby Face was one of the first films to be pulled from theatres when the Production Code’s restrictions finally went into full effect. The fast-paced, gritty story of a woman whose every move is coldly calculated to better her position through the liberal use of seduction still has the ability to shock. Now with the newly discovered, longer authentic print from the Library of Congress, today’s audiences can experience the seamy portrayal that caused such a stir. The San Francisco Chronicle’s Mick LaSalle said: “The differences between the original and the release versions of Baby Face are small; and yet combined, they spell the difference between a good three-star movie and a delightful four-star movie."

Added to the National Film Registry in 2005 and voted by Time Magazine’s top critics as one of the 100 Best All-time Films, the restored Baby Face stars Barbara Stanwyck (The Lady Eve, Stella Dallas) in a spectacular performance as Lily Powers, the beautiful daughter of a steel-town speakeasy owner, a sleazy man who expects her to serve sexual favors along with the beer. After he dies in a still explosion, she boards a train to New York in search of a better life. There she picks a high-rise office building and sleeps her way to the top, seducing anyone who can help her advance, from office boy to company president. When Lily finally discovers true love, it just may be too late for her to change her ways. This newly-discovered version made its premiere at the 2005 London Film Festival, and is now available to DVD audiences for the first time ever.

Red Headed Woman (1932)
    Jean Harlow, the legendary “Platinum Blonde” sex symbol of the ‘30s, is transformed into a titan-tressed temptress for the shockingly funny Red Headed Woman. This 1932 release signaled a major career detour for Harlow, who up until then had played mostly sexually-voracious gangster molls (The Public Enemy) and vamps (Iron Man). The addition of comedy to her standard repertoire endeared her even more to audiences and led to a long string of box-office hits, including Red Dust, Bombshell, China Seas and Libeled Lady.

In Red Headed Woman, Lil Andrews (Harlow) is a girl from the wrong side of the tracks who's determined to get ahead socially, and sets her sights on her happily married boss Bill Legendre (Chester Morris), refusing to take “no” for an answer. The shameless home wrecker uses every trick in the book to land him. She finally does but still must gain acceptance in local society, so tries to conquer New York through an “alliance” with an older admirer while simultaneously conducting an affair with his chauffeur. In direct opposition to the Production Code, she ends up in Paris rich and unrepentant.

While Red Headed Woman wavers wildly between comedy and melodrama, Harlow displays an engaging comic flair in her delightful portrayal. The film is loaded with marital infidelity, lots of implicit sex, violence, sadism (when Bill finally slaps Lil out of frustration, she says, “Hit me again! I like it!”) and plenty of glimpses of Harlow barely clad. Even today, the film would be considered adult fare.

Waterloo Bridge (1931)
    While the 1940 remake might be better known, this gritty 1931 original version of the acclaimed wartime romance stars Mae Clarke, who transcends the tawdry material with a luminous performance that should have assured her of a bigger career. Unfortunately, Waterloo Bridge remained out of the public eye for more than 50 years, leaving Clarke to be best remembered as the woman into whose face James Cagney smashes a grapefruit in The Public Enemy. The second film directed by James Whale (Show Boat [1936], Bride of Frankenstein), Waterloo Bridge was based on a play by Robert E. Sherwood.

Prostitution was a favorite topic of many pre-code films since the subject matter was titillating to audiences yet safely removed enough not to be threatening. In Waterloo Bridge, Mae Clarke is an American chorus girl who marries an officer in London during World War I. After he's reported missing his family cruelly rejects her and, desperate to survive, she drifts into prostitution.

Special Features:

Disc One includes the New to DVD features Waterloo Bridge and Red-Headed Woman with an Introduction by Robert Osborne.

Disc Two includes the New to DVD feature Baby Face in both its standard theatrical release and original, uncensored pre-release version. The theatrical trailer is also included.
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Warner blijft maar gaan...

After Bogie and Bacall but before Brad and Angelina or Tom and Katie … there was Liz and Dick, the ‘60s most famous on-and off-screen couple. Warner Home Video will honour these two legends with the Region 1 DVD debut of the Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton Film Collection on 5th December 2006. Featured will be the 5-time Oscar®-winning, taboo-toppling landmark film, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? in a new 2-Disc Special Edition, along with the DVD debuts of The Sandpiper, The V.I.P.s and The Comedians.

The five-disc giftset, available just in time for holiday gift-giving, will sell for $49.92 SRP. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? 2-Disc Special Edition can also be purchased as a single title at $26.99 SRP.

Highlights of the collection’s special features include, for Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? 2-Disc Special Edition new commentary by directors Mike Nichols and Steven Sodenbergh, three featurettes about the movie and a 1966 interview with Mike Nichols.

In 1962, Elizabeth Taylor, the violet-eyed beauty who literally grew up on soundstages, and Richard Burton, a Welsh-born, classically-trained stage actor, met on the set of Cleopatra, fell in love and eventually married in 1964. They enjoyed the lifestyle of the rich and famous – expensive furs, luxurious yachts, incredible cars, lavish houses and spectacular jewelry -- and became very public symbols of jet-set glamour. They remained married for 10 years, before divorcing in 1974. Miserable apart, they remarried in 1975, but the marriage again broke up four months later.

Taylor and Burton appeared together in nearly a dozen films and in 1983 also co-starred on Broadway in Noel Coward's Private Lives. Ms. Taylor was nominated five times for Best Actress Academy Awards -- for Raintree County, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Suddenly, Last Summer, Butterfield 8 and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? She won for the latter two. Burton never received any Oscars although he was nominated seven times -- for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? , My Cousin Rachel, The Robe, Becket, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, Anne of the Thousand Days and Equus.

Richard Burton died of a cerebral hemorrhage in 1984, and friends say Taylor calls Burton “one of the two great loves of my life.” (The other was Hollywood producer Mike Todd, who died tragically in a plane crash just after their first anniversary.) After starring in nearly 60 feature films, Elizabeth Taylor has been a tireless humanitarian in her recent years. In spite of struggling with serious health problems, she has raised more than $100 million in the crusade against AIDS.

Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
    The most famous real-life couple of the ‘60s star in the roles of the most famous stage couple of the ‘60s. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton are ideal as malevolent marrieds Martha and George in first-time film director Mike Nichols’ searing film of Edward Albee’s groundbreaking Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Taylor won her second Academy Award (and New York Film Critics, National Board of Review and British Film Academy Best Actress Awards). Burton, also Oscar-nominated, matches her as her emotionally spent spouse. And George Segal and Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner Sandy Dennis score as the naïve young married couple invited over for drinks only to find themselves dead center in the older couple’s destructive path. The movie won a total five Academy Awards and remains after 40 years as shocking and electrifying as ever.

DVD Special Features:

Commentary by directors Mike Nichols and Steven Soderbergh
    Original commentary by cinematographer Haskell Wexler
    3 New Featurettes:
    - Elizabeth Taylor: Intimate Portrait
    - Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?: A Daring Work of Raw Excellence
    - Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?: Too Shocking for Its Time
    1966 Mike Nichols interview excerpt
    Sandy Dennis screen test
    Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton movie trailer gallery
    Languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean
    Subtitles: English and Français (feature film only)

The Comedians (1967) New to DVD
    A poor nation can mean riches…for the corrupt. In an absorbing screenplay based on his novel, master of intrigue Graham Greene (The Third Man, The Quiet American) sets passions both romantic and political against the backdrop of Haiti during the brutal rule of Papa Doc Duvalier. Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor lead a who’s-who cast of stars who portray diplomats, imposters, adulterers, hangers-on, the indolent and even a pair of pacifist vegetarians – all caught up in the reign of terror. From the discovery of a dead body in the bottom of a pool to a harrowing showdown with Papa Doc’s ruthless secret police, The Comedians tells a story as disturbing and redeeming as mankind’s conflicted heart.

DVD Special Features:

Vintage featurette The Comedians in Africa
    Languages: English, French and Spanish
    Subtitles: English and Français (feature film only)

The Sandpiper (1965) New to DVD
    Laura Reynolds (Elizabeth Taylor) is a free spirit, living in rustic Bohemian splendor in an oceanfront Big Sur home. Minister Edward Hewitt (Richard Burton), a school headmaster, lives a life as constrained as his clerical collar. Now his world is changing. Blessed with a devoted wife (Eva Marie Saint), he must come to terms with his love for another woman.

Love was in the air. So was music in the form of 1965’s Oscar-winning Best Song The Shadow of Your Smile. And fans were at theatres, eager to witness on screen the charismatic chemistry that made Taylor and Burton the decade’s most scrutinized off-screen couple. Academy Award winner* Vincente Minnelli (Gigi, An American in Paris) directs this bittersweet tale that was one of its year’s top box-office hits.

DVD Special Features:

Two vintage featurettes:
    - The Big Sur
    - A Statue for the Sandpiper
    Subtitles: English & Français (feature film only)

The V.I.P.s (1963) New to DVD
    For elite passengers awaiting London-to-U.S. flights, takeoff can’t occur soon enough. But then fog rolls in, grounding air traffic. Over the next fateful night, the jet-setters must face problems and not flee them.

First-class stars book passage for romantic melodrama mixed with wry comic flourishes in The VIPs. Frances (Elizabeth Taylor) is running from her neglectful tycoon husband (Richard Burton) into the arms of suave Marc (Louis Jourdan). Filmmaker Max (Orson Welles) is dodging the taxman. Harried entrepreneur Les (Rod Taylor) is blind to the romantic devotion of his secretary (Maggie Smith). And a dotty duchess (Margaret Rutherford won an Oscar, Golden Globe and National Board of Review Awards for her delightful performance) is determined to save her ancestral manor. Now boarding: The V.I.P.s.

DVD Special Features:

Subtitles: English & Français (feature film only)

All films are new anamorphic transfers enhanced for widescreen televisions.
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

OK dan eindelijk een goede dvd van Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf.

Standaard

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Dat ziet er stuk voor stuk weer mooi uit. Ik zal zuinig moeten zijn maar 'Forbidden Hollywood' en de Burton/Taylor-set wil ik wel graag hebben.

Standaard

Warner DVD Decision 2006

DVD Decision 2006 was a joint promotion from Warner Home Video and Amazon.com in which movie fans were able to vote online for 30 catalog candidates from the Warner Bros. Studios library of which 10 will be released on DVD. Voting occurred at Amazon.com during the month of June 2006, and film fans voted for their favorite action & adventure, comedy & musical, or drama films. We've listed the 10 winners below, which will be released in two waves. The first half of the discs will be available on the 19th of December while the second half will be released on the 30th of January next year, and all with a retail price of right around $19.97 each. While 10 of the 30 titles will be released to all retailers, there will in fact be 12 released in total with two discs exclusive to Amazon.com. Details are very early on this announcement so no extras have yet to be announced, but we have an early look at the artwork for each title below (with the exception of There Was A Crooked Man), along with its date of release. Stay tuned for the full specs and high resolution artwork.

December 19th Releases

Best Foot Forward (Amazon.com Exclusive)
    The Illustrated Man
    Operation Crossbow
    Presenting Lily Mars
    There Was A Crooked Man...
    Up Periscope!

January 30th Releases

Angels In The Outfield (Amazon.com Exclusive)
    The Arrangement
    Band Of Angels
    Gymkata
    Looker
    Madame Curie

Bron: dvdactive.com
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Vandaag dus de 3 disc van The Maltese Falcon ontvangen. Qua verpakking is het een beetje een teleur stelling: 2 slimcases (1 voor de 1e disc, disc 2 en 3 in de andere) en geen boekje/ "hoofdstuk indelingslijstje"(hoe heten die dingen )
    Erg jammer, had na de uitgaves van Ben Hur en Gone With The Wind toch meer er van verwacht
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door TheGodfather
    (...)en geen boekje/ "hoofdstuk indelingslijstje"(hoe heten die dingen )
    Tracklisting of scene index... :wink:
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Greetz, the Dude / Four-Star SafeTrader
    Last.fm | Filmlijst en -recensies | DVD Profiler

Pagina 3 van 16 EersteEerste 123456713 ... LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten