Pagina 1 van 5 12345 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 123 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: King Kong 1933

Standaard King Kong 1933

The grandaddy of all fantasy films, Warner Home Video will release the classic 1933 King Kong on November 22nd. Featuring a newly restored and digitally mastered transfer from the rare nitrate film elements, the big ape will be available as a two-disc special edition packed with extras. Among other things, look for an audio commentary with effects masters Ray Harryhausen and Ken Ralston, "RKO Production 601: The Making of Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World" (a two-hour, seven-part documentary created by Peter Jackson), a feature-length documentary on 'Kong' creator Merian C. Cooper and a trailer gallery.

A more lavish Collector's Edition box set will be available as well and will come packaged in a collectible tin with a 20-page reproduction of the original 1993 souvenir program, original poster art postcards and a mail-in offer for a vintage theatrical poster. Warner also will release a four-disc collector' set featuring the two-disc King Kong along with The Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young.

Bron: davisdvd

Dit wordt ongetwijfeld weer een zeer mooie uitgave van Warner
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Ik zag deze foto op de giftset thread. Het is de Australische versie, maar als het goed is zal de Amerikaanse uitgave er ook zo uit komen te zien.
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac

Ik zag deze foto op de giftset thread. Het is de Australische versie, maar als het goed is zal de Amerikaanse uitgave er ook zo uit komen te zien.

Er is toch nog niks gezegd over hoe de R1 tin eruit komt te zien? Volgens mij kan de Amerikaanse tin er dan dus compleet anders uit zien. Ander soort tin, andere cover e.d.

Ff afwachten nog, maar denk dat ik de Australische versie toch maar ga cancellen.

Hier wat meer info:

There's some big news today. The Hollywood Reporter has posted a feature story on Warner's new 2-disc King Kong DVD (yes, that's the classic 1933 Kong), which is at long last expected to street on 11/22. Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson is helping to produce extras for the forthcoming edition, even as he works on his own theatrical remake. Specifically, Jackson is working on a new 2-hour/7-part documentary, RKO Production 601: The Making of Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World, that will be included on the set. Among other things, the documentary will include a segment on the infamous "spider pit" deleted scene (including a recreation of the lost footage). Other extras on the Kong release will include a documentary on director Merian C. Cooper, trailers for other films by Cooper, and audio commentary by legendary stop-motion animator Ray Harryhausen, actress Terry Moore and special effects guru Ken Ralston. Warner's King Kong will be available in no less than THREE versions - a 2-disc special edition, a 2-disc collector's edition packaged in (according to the story) "a collectable tin and including a 20-page reproduction of the original souvenir program, postcard reproductions of the original one sheets, and a mail-in offer for a reproduction of a vintage 27-by-41-inch movie poster", and finally a 4-disc collector's box set which includes the 2-disc King Kong DVD along with The Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young. Each version will contain the same two Kong discs (just the packaging and the "in the box" extras differ). All I can say is it's about damn time. Very cool news indeed.
    The choices we make, not the chances we take, determine our destiny

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door hare

Er is toch nog niks gezegd over hoe de R1 tin eruit komt te zien? Volgens mij kan de Amerikaanse tin er dan dus compleet anders uit zien. Ander soort tin, andere cover e.d.
    De US tin kan idd anders zijn, maar ik zag een foto van de tin op davisdvd en die ziet er hetzelfde uit als de Australische, maar dat wil natuurlijk niet zeggen dat de Amerikaanse versie er ook zo uit komt te zien. Het is een kwestie van afwachten tot Warner de definitieve tin bekend maakt
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

hmmm, er komt ook een 4-disc 8)

Warner also will release a four-disc collector' set featuring the two-disc King Kong along with The Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young. Retail for this is $39.92.

Standaard

Okay... we have FINAL King Kong details for you. Warner has sent over their official press release with all the specs on the release, so here they are:

The King Kong: Two-Disc Special Edition (SRP $26.99) will include the 104-minute restored and remastered B&W film on video in its original full frame, with Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Extras will include audio commentary (by Ray Harryhausen and Ken Ralston, with Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack, Ruth Rose, Fay Wray and Robert Armstrong), the 2005 I'm Kong: The Exploits of Merian C. Cooper documentary, a gallery of trailers for other films by director Merian C. Cooper, the new RKO Production 601: The Making of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World documentary by Peter Jackson (featuring the following featurettes: The Origins of King Kong, Willis O'Brien and Creation, Cameras Roll on Kong, The Eighth Wonder, A Milestone in Visual Effects, Passion, Sound and Fury, The Mystery of the Lost Spider Pit Sequence and King Kong's Legacy) and Creation test footage (with commentary by Ray Harryhausen).

The King Kong: Two-Disc Collector's Edition (SRP $39.98) will include all of the above in limited tin packaging that also features a 20-page reproduction of the original 1933 souvenir program, King Kong original one-sheet reproduction postcards and a mail-in offer for a reproduction of a vintage theatrical poster.

The King Kong Four-Disc Collector's Set (SRP $39.92) will include the King Kong: Two-Disc Special Edition along with The Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young. It will NOT include the extras in the Collector's Edition tin.

Fortunately, The Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young will also be available separately (as will The Last Days of Pompeii, also by Kong directors Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack) for an SRP of $19.97 each.

The Son of Kong will include the 70-minute restored B&W film on video in the original full frame, with Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Extras will include the theatrical trailer.

Mighty Joe Young will include the 94-minute restored B&W film on video in its original full frame, with Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Extras will include audio commentary (by Ray Harryhausen, Ken Ralston and Terry Moore), 2 new featurettes (Ray Harryhausen and The Chioda Brothers and Ray Harryhausen and Mighty Joe Young) and the film's theatrical trailer.

Finally, The Last Days of Pompeii will include the 96-minute, B&W film on video in the original full frame, with Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles. There are no extras.

We're waiting on high-quality cover art for any and all of the above. We'll post it as soon as it comes in.
    Klinkt beter en beter 8)

Standaard

2-disc S.E. / 4-disc C.E. / 2-disc C.E. :wink:

Standaard

ook al wat bekend over de Nederlandse uitgave

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door BASIL

2-disc S.E. / 4-disc C.E. / 2-disc C.E. :wink:
    Goed, perfect, dat wordt dus een cancel van de Australische versie 8)

Standaard

The 4 disc CE voor mij 8)
    goed dat ik nog niet de Australische versie heb besteld
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Toch jammer dat de 4 disc met Son of Kong en Joe Young dan weer in een normale box zitten. Ik neem wel de tin en koop die 2 los.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Evil Hobbit
    Toch jammer dat de 4 disc met Son of Kong en Joe Young dan weer in een normale box zitten. Ik neem wel de tin en koop die 2 los.
    Denk dat ik dat ook ga doen.

Komen deze ook allemaal in Nederland uit

Standaard

Ik koop de tin en de rest kan me totaal niet boeien. Son of Kong is een mislukte sequel en Might Joe heeft totaal niks met King Kong van doen.

Verder krijg je als je de 4 disc bestelt ook niet:

20-page reproduction of the original 1933 souvenir program, King Kong original one-sheet reproduction postcards and a mail-in offer for a reproduction of a vintage theatrical poster
    en dat lijkt me toch ook een beetje jammer

Standaard

Ik koop de tin en de rest kan me totaal niet boeien. Son of Kong is een mislukte sequel en Might Joe heeft totaal niks met King Kong van doen.

20-page reproduction of the original 1933 souvenir program, King Kong original one-sheet reproduction postcards and a mail-in offer for a reproduction of a vintage theatrical poster
    Die poster wil ik dus ook hebbaaah. Amazon preorder pleaseeeeee.

Standaard

edit

Standaard

edit

Standaard

ik heb t vast gemist maar bij welke krijg dit wel erbij??

Wakker worden, Timo :P

Standaard

Het is een kwestie van afwachten tot Warner de definitieve tin bekend maakt
    En het afwachten was kort, maar krachtig :wink:

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door BASIL
    Lookin' good!
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Wat erg leuke info over de beruchte Spider Pit scene in King Kong:

Earlier this month, I reported this in the 'Upcoming' thread:

This from Glenn Erikson over at DVD Talk:

...there is a rumor going around that may be a real revelation for King Kong fanatics. I call this a *rumor* because I haven't even read it personally, but it is supposed to come from genre authority Tom Weaver, and I checked with another genre authority yesterday and he seemed to think it was real as well. Remember the legendary 'spider pit' sequence in the original Kong, reportedly cut after a preview? If my source is correct with this *rumor*, Weaver says that at least a part of it has been located, in a French print that was used as a new restoration source for the other more standard excised Kong scenes - the gnashing of natives in Kong's mouth, the dropping of the brunette over 5th Avenue, Kong's amorous monkeying with Ann Darrow's perfumed dress. In the cut Spider Pit scene, the barely-alive sailors tossed from the log by Kong are attacked by giant spider monsters. The horrible detail has been seen only in a single surviving still image that first saw the light in Famous Monsters magazine, back when we were gum-chewing kids.

Again, this is still in the category of *rumor*, but some rumors are too hot to keep quiet about, as long as one stresses their proper status.

And this is from Mobius, via the HTF:

There's a story emanating from the company doing the extras for the big-scale DVD of KING KONG coming from Warners this Christmas: someone found the spider pit sequence, and it was in an especially good print of the whole movie. Supposedly part of the scene is still missing--so Peter Jackson is having it done in CGI designed to look like stop motion! This means that Universal has to be cooperating with WB. I hope this is true, but my source, who begs to go unnamed, is pretty good.

And I'll refer you to this interesting post at the HTF for pics of the Spider sequence.

This post, today at the HTF in that same thread:

Tom Weaver, the monster movie historian who was quoted in the original DVDTalk story about the supposedly found spider sequence, posted this on another forum

Quote:
    NOW Warners honchos are telling folks on the q.t. that NO original Spider Pit scene has been found, but that the DVD will feature a *recreation* by an Oscar-winning animator named Randy Cook.

Is this to squelch the "Spider Pit sequence found!" rumors, or is THIS the truth? Or... ??? Anyway, different Warners people are telling different participants on the project different things. It's all very weird ... but now I'm starting to get a bad feeling.

Another *rumor* is that KONG will be part of a set that also includes THE SON OF KONG and THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII but all will also be available individually. MIGHTY JOE YOUNG will follow later.

Finally, also today, from Ain't it Cool News:

About that lost footage from '33 KONG rumor going around...
    Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with another bit of rumor control regarding a bit that's starting to sweep the net about the lost "Spider Pit" scene from the 1933 KING KONG being found and included in the upcoming DVD being put out by Warner Bros. Here's one of the emails we got about it:
    You may have already heard this…

From dvdfile.com…"There's a rumor going around that King Kong fans are going ga-ga for. There was a ‘Spider Pit' sequence in the film that was cut after just a few previews, and has been said to be lost ever since. But in putting the DVD set of the classic film together for a Fall release - to coincide with Peter Jackson's upgrade, of course - supposedly a part (if not all) of it has been found on a print in France. Again, this is not the kind of thing to get your hopes up for, but seeing as I nearly peed my pants upon hearing the news myself, I thought I'd send it on to you. Keep watching DVDFile for more updates…"

This, understandably, got me very excited, but this rumor started with another bit that didn't survive as it spread around the net, apparently. This other bit said that Peter Jackson was having Weta Digital complete the partially found Spider Pit scene using CG that mimicked stop-motion animation. That sounded off to me (especially since he'd be using Universal's time and money on a Warner Bros project), so I contacted Jackson's group with the rumor.
    I was told that this is not true, that Jackson's camp has been in close touch with the DVD people at Warners and while they can say a brilliant print was found for the transfer it doesn't include the Spider Pit scene. It does, however, include all of the censored scenes, which I believe would include Fay Wray being stripped by the big Ape. This might be where the confusion came from, people assuming that the Spider Pit scene was part of the censored scenes. Now the censored scenes have been around, but as part of this newly found print the scenes are bound to be in better condition than we've seen previoiusly.
    So, bummer... I wish it was true. I'd love to see the Spider Pit sequence, but before you get too excited I thought I'd make sure to set the record straight.

Ah, rumours - where would we be without them Good stuff though, and I, for one, will be at the head of the queue when the official announcement - which you'll find reported in this thread - comes.
    Het zal waarschijnlijk wel niet waar zijn, maar wat zou het toch retecool zijn!!! 8)

Standaard

Universal has revealed a 2-pack of King Kong vs. Godzilla and King Kong Escapes for release on 11/29 as well. Both titles will be in anamorphic widescreen.
    Bron: thedigitalbits.com
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

22 november duurt wel errrrgggg lang...

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Weet iemand of die 4-disc ook in Nederland uitkomt
    Komen Son of Kong en Mighty Joe Young uberhaupt uit op R2

Standaard

r2 release
    Interactive Features:
    Interactive Menus, Scene Selection, Theatrical Trailer, Featurette

Review:
    This fantastic box set lets you re-discover the classic 1933 original King Kong and share in a piece of film history that has entertained and terrified audiences for years. The box set also includes the colourised version of the 1933 original, the documentary 'It Was Beauty That Killed The Best', King Kong Vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes.
    King Kong (1933):

When a film crew pays a visit to a remote tropical island, they discover that its inhabitants are worshippers of a colossal ape called 'Kong'. The fearsome beast takes a shine to blonde bombshell Fay Wray, which leads to his downfall. Captured and brought to New York as a Broadway attraction, Kong escapes from his captors and goes on a rampage in Manhattan, searching for the woman he loves. The unforgettable climax set on the Empire State building guarantees that this 1933 classic will live forever in the legends of cinema.

King Kong vs. Godzilla: (1963 Dir. Ishirô Honda)

The two mightiest monsters of all time battle in the thrilling adventure classic King Kong Vs Godzilla. When an underhanded pharmaceutical company goes to a remote tropical island to steal King Kong for advertising purposes, they get more than they bargained for when the gigantic ape attacks an unsuspecting village and an enormous octopus. Meanwhile, far below the sea, a submarine crew unleashes reptilian terror when they melt a block of ice and release the ferocious Godzilla from his icy lair. When both destructive monsters descend on Tokyo, it's a fight that holds the future of mankind in the balance in this knock-out film that was the first theatrical release to bring its larger than life contenders to the big screen in glorious colour.

King Kong Escapes: (1967 Dir. Ishirô Honda)

It's King Kong to the rescue when a robot threatens to destroy Tokyo in the gripping King Kong Escapes! The action begins when the conniving Dr. Who builds a robot Kong in order to retrieve a highly radioactive element for his mysterious benefactor, Madame X. When the robot proves less than reliable, the devious duo scheme to kidnap the real Kong from his remote island home of Mondo. But interfering with their plans are the heroic trio of U.S. Commander Carl Nelson, Lt. Jiro Nomura, and Kong;s current crush, Lt. Susan Milelr. It's up to them to outwit the greedy ape-nappers in this sci-fi adventure that takes Kong to unprecedented heights of excitement.

moet ik nou de tin of de r2 box kiezen???

Pagina 1 van 5 12345 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten