De resultaten 1 tot 5 van 5 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: Remake Mary Poppins

Standaard Remake Mary Poppins

LONDON, Dec. 29 (UPI) -- The director of London's "Mary Poppins" stage musical is talking to Steven Spielberg about a Hollywood remake of the popular 1964 Disney movie.

Eyre told The Independent he has talked with the Academy Award-winning director about reviving the multiple Oscar-winning film that garnered a best actress award for star Julie Andrews.

"We've talked about it a lot," Eyre told the newspaper. "It will be hard to outdo the original, but kids love the story and I'm sure that the remake will be a real success."

Disney is bringing Eyre's West End production to Broadway and he said casting for the new film would most likely hinge on how the musical is received in the United States when it opens next October.

"The studio will use the success of the Broadway show to decide whether to use the British cast for the film," he said. "But I would hope to use as much of the West End cast as possible and keep Mary English rather than have a big American star name."

bron: www.upi.com

Steven Spielberg moet met z'n poten van Mary Poppins afblijven!! :x
    * Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand *

Standaard Re: Remake Mary Poppins

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Snowball
    Steven Spielberg moet met z'n poten van Mary Poppins afblijven!! :x
    Dat doet hij ook:

‘Mary Poppins’ rumors are Supercalafragalisticexpialabullcrap

In a flight of fancy that would have Uncle Walt spinning in his cryogenic chamber, UK rumor mill ContactMusic kick started a contagious piece of gossip today claiming that Steven Spielberg is developing a film version of the “Mary Poppins” musical currently on stage in London.

Sir Richard Eyre, director of the musical “Mary Poppins,” is quoted (or perhaps misquoted) by ContactMusic as saying that, “Spielberg wants to make a new film of Mary Poppins and we’ve talked about it a lot. It will be hard to outdo the original, but kids love the story and I’m sure that the remake will be a real success.”

While P.L. Travers “Mary Poppins” books would seem ripe for rediscovery as a franchise (in the “Harry Potter,” “Lord of the Rings,” “Chronicles of Narnia” kind of vein), Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment says its not going to happen, at least not with Spielberg as ContactMusic reports.

“I think a spoonful of sugar went down the wrong way,” Spielberg’s public relations rep Marvin Levy told SpielbergFilms.com

“I never heard of this and couldn't imagine Steven ever doing a remake of a classic - and a [Walt Disney] classic at that. There's a Broadway show from Disney but nothing involving us in any way.”

Hope I didn’t bring anyone’s tea party on the ceiling crashing down by debunking this wacky rumor, but there you have it, folks.
    Bron: Spielbergfilms.com.

Standaard

Okee, Spielberg dus (gelukkig) niet, maar is daarmee ook het hele project van de baan?

En dat hele " I couldn't imagine Steven ever doing a remake of a classic" is natuurlijk onzin met o.a. War of the Worlds, the Haunting en remakes van enkele klasieke Twilight Zone afleveringen voor Twilight Zone, the movie
    * Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand *

Standaard

Whats next: Sound of music
    ‎Broodje Frikandel Speciaal

Standaard

De stroom aan remakes is te wijten aan extreme bloedarmoede bij de scenaristen.
    DVD-pagina - DVD Info - Facebook - SafeTrader
    Ik heb een fantasy-boek geschreven! Lees er alles over hier!

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten