Pagina 2 van 4 EersteEerste 1234 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 26 tot 50 van 88 worden weergegeven.

Standaard

En hier is dan de kleuren uitvoering van de cover. Zie attachment
    My dvdcollection
    Roos
    StarTrader

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Rochan
    En hier is dan de kleuren uitvoering van de cover. Zie attachment
    Wow... come to papa!!!

Standaard

Een opmerking over de opwinding rondom het al dan niet aanwezig zijn van de easter egg die je de film chronologisch laat zien: volgens mij is er dan geen fuck meer aan... De hele point van die film, namelijk dat die knakker het geheugen van een goudvis heeft is dan naar de kloten. Het bijzondere en mysterieuze zit 'm nu eenmaal in het feit dat je de film ziet in de beleving van de hoofdpersoon. Anders heb je na 5 minuten al door hoe de vork in de steel zit en zit je de rest eigenlijk een beetje uit te zitten.

Ik denk dat ik die SE toch wel koop, maar ik weet niet of de easter egg de opwinding waard is. [edit]sterker nog...heb 'm net besteld bij Play[/edit]
    Mike Philippens •• Wat heb ik? •• Wat huur/leen ik? ••

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Mike Philippens
    Een opmerking over de opwinding rondom het al dan niet aanwezig zijn van de easter egg die je de film chronologisch laat zien: volgens mij is er dan geen fuck meer aan... De hele point van die film, namelijk dat die knakker het geheugen van een goudvis heeft is dan naar de kloten. Het bijzondere en mysterieuze zit 'm nu eenmaal in het feit dat je de film ziet in de beleving van de hoofdpersoon. Anders heb je na 5 minuten al door hoe de vork in de steel zit en zit je de rest eigenlijk een beetje uit te zitten.
    Ik vind(/denk) dat die easteregg leuk is NADAT je de film heb gezien...

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Wesley
    Ik vind(/denk) dat die easteregg leuk is NADAT je de film heb gezien...
    Dat in elk geval. Ik ben alleen bang dat het dan toch niet leuk meer is. Het mooie aan de film is nu juist het achterstevoren beleven van de film zodat je nét zo verward en onzeker bent als de hoofdpersoon.
    Toch zal ik het wel eens uitproberen als ik die hele koele SE binnen heb...

Standaard

Om even weer de geheugen op te frissen. een korte impressie van de 2 disc versie, die binnenkort uitkomt:
    Check het stukje over de chronologische volgorde
    Bron dvd talk.

Review by Jason Bovberg
    Knip
    Now, however, Nolan has found the opportunity to create a fascinating—if somewhat odd—"limited edition" of his masterpiece. Suffice it to say, if you’re a fan of Memento, this new 2-disc set is a must-own. Nolan has discovered some head-scratching ways to use the DVD format to enhance the experience of his mind-bender film.

HOW’S IT LOOK?

Columbia/Tri-Star presents Memento in a fine high-definition anamorphic transfer of the film’s original 2.35:1 theatrical aspect ratio. In direct comparison with the previous release, this new edition provides a noticeably improved level of detail (further into backgrounds) and brighter, more vivid colors. I also noticed fewer instances of grain. Unfortunately, I witnessed the same instances of edge enhancement that plagued the earlier release. Although the halos are minor, they prevent this otherwise pristine image from capturing my highest rating. Overall, though, this transfer is a significant improvement over that of the original release.

HOW’S IT SOUND?

The Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack seems very similar to the audio track presented on the original release. It’s a very fine presentation that offers rich dialogue, occasionally aggressive surround activity, and in general a wide, involving soundstage. This limited edition adds a DTS 5.1 track that is especially dynamic, and I recommend it as the preferred audio experience. I felt more surrounded by ambient sound and music, and bass seemed more energetic. You also get a matrixed Dolby Surround track.

WHAT ELSE IS THERE?

Disc One

When you first insert the first disc, you are—appropriately—confronted with a test of your memory. A series of words flashes by, and you are required to remember those words to navigate the main menu, which is a test of text retention. As music from the film plays, and as Leonard whispers "Where am I?", a five-column list of words appears. To get deeper into the menu and even to start the film, you must choose the words that did not appear in the opening stream. After you look over the list for a few minutes, the correct choices become clear. In fact, the incorrect words fade into the background at certain intervals. You might think that this little game is just frustrating nonsense, but it really gets you geared up for the film.

As long as you keep in mind that this is just a DVD menu, it’s pretty simple to navigate. You can use this menu to choose your sound options (including commentary), access a chapter list, and play the film. However, the resulting submenus are rife with easter egg opportunities. At one point, I found a coded question that needed to be deciphered, and when I solved it, I discovered an error within it. But perhaps the error is some kind of clue? A series of multiple-choice questions follows, but I began to get irritated.

The scene-specific commentary by Christopher Nolan is a terrific track, loaded with insight into the making of—and the meaning of—Memento. Nolan’s whispery British voice speaks nearly without pause about everything from location shooting to the intricacies of memory. He articulately talks in-depth about character motivation, complex plot machinations, and filming techniques. Nolan sounds genuinely and endlessly fascinated by what he’s captured on film and is deeply in tune, still, with the workings of the maze-like script. Occasionally, he falls into the trap of narrating onscreen action, but this is one film in which that’s not so much a problem: He almost seems as if he’s reminding himself where he is in the story as a whole—just as you might. At one point, he suggests that the film requires multiple viewings and even laughingly admits that he’s seen it "thousands of times." Some of the more interesting and humorous tidbits are Nolan’s comments about the nightmare of continuity on a film such as this.

Disc Two

The second disc continues the psychological-testing theme of the first disc. This time, you’re required to click through a series of images to access supplemental features. At this point, I felt deeply frustrated. I wanted to access features, but the disc wouldn’t let me do so until I figured out a series of complex riddles, or simply stabbed buttons until a certain combination worked. Using the latter method mostly, I did stumble onto some cool features.

One extremely interesting extra is the "director’s script," which lets you view the entire annotated shooting script as the film plays. You use your angle button to switch from the film to the script. I found myself totally absorbed by this feature, watching the subtle deviations from the scripted dialog, as well as the notes that Nolan wrote to himself.

Next, I found a 25-minute full-frame documentary called Anatomy of a Scene. Originally aired on the Sundance Channel, this is a nicely produced piece that contains interviews with key cast and crew. I recommend watching this piece after watching the film, as it reveals a great deal about the plot. At first, the documentary focuses on deconstructing the first few scenes of the film. Then, it goes into casting and art design, talking about the influence of film noir iconography. Finally, the film’s shooting, editing, sound designing, and scoring are covered. So, considering the breadth of this short documentary, its title is misleading.

I also stumbled on the original Nolan story Memento Mori, behind-the-scenes photographs, a series of advertising art, a collection of props used in the film, two theatrical trailers, and the DVD credits.

After I’d spent a significant amount of time playing around with these twists and turns, I stumbled on a menu that listed (supposedly) all the Disc 2 features. (I wished I’d had that from the start.)

SO WHERE’S THAT ELUSIVE CHRONOLOGICAL VERSION?

Soon I started feeling as if I had to solve one specific riddle: Where does the rumored "chronological order" version of the film reside? I knew (hoped?) that it was buried here somewhere, and I was determined to find it.

Although Disc 2’s menu displays 24 graphic icons, only six of them get you into submenus: the protractor, the clock, the book, the globe, the skull, and the binoculars. On most of the submenus, you need to answer a strange, out-of-left-field multiple-choice question before you can advance to the next question and the next submenu. Most of the answers seem to be arbitrary, but some require a correct answer to access a feature. After a significant amount of time playing around, and inevitably reading too much into each screen’s question, I unearthed the chronological presentation.

If you don’t want to know how to access this wonderfully illuminating feature and would rather discover it for yourself, skip the following paragraph.

While paging through the screens and answering psychological questions, you’ll soon come across a quiz that shows four illustrated panels of a woman changing a flat tire on her car. (Depending on the way you answer questions, you’ll get to this quiz from any of the six workable icons.) The quiz asks you to place the panels in chronological order. The trick, of course, is to place the panels in backwards order. After you do so, the film begins playing its scenes in chronological order. Playfully, this cut starts with the end credits rolling downwards. After that, the film's forward-moving black-and-white sequences begin, focusing mostly on the Sammy Jankis back story. The chapters have simply been rearranged in chronological order.

WHAT’S LEFT TO SAY?

Memento is an intricate puzzle of a film, an endlessly rewarding, sharp-edged thriller that is at once deeply grounded in the film noir tradition and wholly original in its structure. It comes as close to perfect as any motion picture I’ve seen, and I have no doubt that history will look on Memento as one of the most important films of this decade. The design of this new set enhances the purpose of the film, but will be inevitably frustrating to those who value a straightforward DVD presentation. If you’re into games, though, you’ll be all over this one.

I must offer kudos to Columbia/TriStar for a DVD package that is truly striking. The set has the look of a certain mental patient’s dossier, including loose sheets of paper on which are scrawled details about his case. Unfortunately, the package is not quite as sturdy as I hoped it might be and will be prone to some wear-and-tear. Constructed mostly of paper, the set is in tune with the design of the Vista Series titles (e.g., The Sixth Sense, Tombstone) and, most especially, the design of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. On the packaging, you can find at least a few clues about how to navigate the puzzles within.

Now…where was I?

My dvdcollection
    Roos
    StarTrader

Standaard

Het is al vaker gevraagd maar: Weet iemand of deze (2-disc SE) editie ook in de regio 2 versie uitkomt? En zo ja, waneer?

Standaard

Originally posted by Wesley [b]Ik vind(/denk) dat die easteregg leuk is NADAT je de film heb gezien...
    Het is zoals Christopher al aangeeft in het interview op de gewone versie..als je hem reversed bekijkt weet je meteen hoe de film eindigt en de rest van de tijd zie je steeds hoe Shelby door zijn omgeving in de zeik wordt genomen.

Standaard

die easter egg is wel grappig, je weet toch al dat hij het zelf gedaan hebt dus maakt het ook niet meer uit in welke volgorde je hem kijkt, het blijft een brute film met veel sfeer net als se7en

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Pepijn Wildbret
    Het is al vaker gevraagd maar: Weet iemand of deze (2-disc SE) editie ook in de regio 2 versie uitkomt? En zo ja, waneer?
    Hierover is nog niks van bekend.
    My dvdcollection
    Roos
    StarTrader

Standaard

Denk je alle ellende gehad te hebben, krijgen we dit weer!
    (warningquote van play 24-7 bij de nieuwe 2 disk R1 SE-versie van Memento):

Please Note: Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE) has recently been added by Warner and Columbia to certain Region 1 DVD’s. RCE will prevent the DVD from playing on some “Multi-Region” DVD players. If you are in any doubt that your player may not be able to play RCE DVD’s, we recommend that you do not order this title, as we are unable to accept returned RCE DVD’s.

Iemand die de disk al besteld heeft en hem nu op zijn regiovrije speler niet kan afspelen??

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door MAD
    Iemand die de disk al besteld heeft en hem nu op zijn regiovrije speler niet kan afspelen??
    Heb 'm besteld (verwacht 'm deze week) maar ik maak me geen zorgen over RCE. Die van mij is RCE-Proof - en getest met een R1 RCE disc. Volgens mij zijn de meeste gemodificeerde spelers RCE proof zolang je maar handmatig de regiocode kunt instellen. Details vind je wel in andere threads.
    Is dit bij jou een probleem dan?

Standaard

Is er nu al iets bekend dat deze uitvoering ook hier in NL gaat verschijen, aangezien ik geen regiovrije speler heb maar toch het liefst deze versie wacht ik toch daar nog even op...

Ik zou het niet vreemd vinden Se7en is het zelfde begaan...
    en de zelfde mooie box...
    StarTrader

Standaard

Heb 'm besteld (verwacht 'm deze week) maar ik maak me geen zorgen over RCE. Die van mij is RCE-Proof - en getest met een R1 RCE disc. Volgens mij zijn de meeste gemodificeerde spelers RCE proof zolang je maar handmatig de regiocode kunt instellen. Details vind je wel in andere threads.
    Is dit bij jou een probleem dan?
    Weet niet of het bij mij een probleem is, bekijk DVD's nog altijd via de PC (wil binnenkort een losse kopen) en had nog nooit iets gelezen over die RCE. Zal als ik een losse koop eens letten op dit "RCE proof".

Standaard

Heeft iemand de S.E. al?? ik heb hem van mij nog steeds niet (Ik heb de film trouwens niet via internet besteld)
    My dvdcollection
    Roos
    StarTrader

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Rochan
    Heeft iemand de S.E. al??:
    Yep! Via Play.com (zie boven). Heel erg mooi. Alleen gaat ie erg moeilijk uit het kartonnen hoesje. Het zit allemaal nét iets te strak. Maar het wordt meer dan volledig gecompenseerd door de schitterende uitvoering. Dit is dus echt heel duur om te maken. Losse blaadjes, een plastic paperclipje en zo'n geel plakbriefje lijkt me niet iets dat zo uit een machientje rolt...
    In een interview met Nolan op DVDFile.com gelezen dat Chris er samen met zijn broer Joey (die het verhaal heeft geschreven) aan gewerkt heeft. Vooral Joey heeft erg veel gedaan. Dat is dus echt helemaal cool: de maker maakt zijn eigen LE...dus niet zo'n gesjeesde PR floeperd, maar echt handwerk! Als deze de prijs voor de mooist uitgevoerde DVD niet wint weet ik het ook niet meer...

Standaard

Yep! Via Play.com (zie boven). Heel erg mooi. Alleen gaat ie erg moeilijk uit het kartonnen hoesje. Het zit allemaal nét iets te strak. Maar het wordt meer dan volledig gecompenseerd door de schitterende uitvoering. Dit is dus echt heel duur om te maken. Losse blaadjes, een plastic paperclipje en zo'n geel plakbriefje lijkt me niet iets dat zo uit een machientje rolt...
    In een interview met Nolan op DVDFile.com gelezen dat Chris er samen met zijn broer Joey (die het verhaal heeft geschreven) aan gewerkt heeft. Vooral Joey heeft erg veel gedaan. Dat is dus echt helemaal cool: de maker maakt zijn eigen LE...dus niet zo'n gesjeesde PR floeperd, maar echt handwerk! Als deze de prijs voor de mooist uitgevoerde DVD niet wint weet ik het ook niet meer...
    Dan ga ik morgen eens navragen of die van mij al binnen is. Nu ben ik helemaal nieuwsgierig
    My dvdcollection
    Roos
    StarTrader

Standaard

En ikke maar hopen dat die in NL uitkomt als R2...
    anders toch maar eens grondig nadenken over m'n speler regiovrij te lten maken...
    want na het lezen van Mike's post wil ik hem helemaal......
    StarTrader

Standaard

na wat betalingsproblemen bij play.com hebben ze 'm eindelijk op de post gedaan.

kan niet wachten!!!

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door MAD
    (warningquote van play 24-7 bij de nieuwe 2 disk R1 SE-versie van Memento):
    Please Note: Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE) has recently been added by Warner and Columbia to certain Region 1 DVD’s.
    Ik kan inmiddels melden dat Menento geen RCE disc is. Mijn speler is automatisch multi-region, maar bij RCE schijven moet ik 'm handmatig op R1 zetten. Bij Memento geeft ie geen krimp. Daardoor moet ik aannemen dat er geen RCE ellende op deze schijf zit. Wellicht zijn ze er inmiddels achter dat het geen reet uitmaakt...

Standaard

Heb mijn Memento S.E. ook binen. Echt een juweeltje om te zien.
    Dit is mijn 3e R1 film en ik begin toch steeds meer interesse te krijgen in de 1 uitvoeringen. Zowie zo voor de Artwork en vormgeveing van bepaaalde verpakkingen van films.
    Ben zeer tevreden
    My dvdcollection
    Roos
    StarTrader

Standaard

ik heb 'm ook binnen gekregen deze week.

echt indrukwekkende hoes. jammer dat de hoekjes wat zijn beschadigd bij het verzenden. nog jammerderder, dat ik twee weken niet thuis ben en dus ook niet de schijfjes in mijn speler kan doen :s

Standaard

Kreeg hem vandaag binnen, echt een toppertje. De presentatie van deze disk vind ik echt fantastisch. Het is qua uiterlijk nu de mooiste binnen mijn collectie. Lijkt mij ook heel bewerkelijk om te maken met die paperclip, memogeeltje, extra losse vellen... Heb de film al in de bios gezien en weet dat deze ook zeker niet zal tegenvallen. Conclusie voor iedereen die nog twijfelt: zeker kopen, elke gespendeerde euro meer dan waard!!!

Standaard

Hoi,

Ach, regio 1 of 2, maar voor mijn dvd speler gelukkig weinig uit. Maar wat wel uitmaakt is dat van deze briljante film een Limited Edition uit is gekomen en die kan je bestellen bij Amazon.com en dat heb ik dus gedaan.
    Tja, Amazon is niet echt goedkoop (omdat je daarnaast ook nog verzendkosten en dankzij onze geliefde douane ook nog importkosten), maar ze hebben af en toe wel juweeltjes te koop. Zoiets kan je dan toch niet laten liggen of ligt dit aan mij?
    Ik ga in ieder geval niet wachten totdat ie mogelijk ook in Nederland te koop is.

Groeten,
    Geoffrey

Pagina 2 van 4 EersteEerste 1234 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten