Pagina 1 van 3 123 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 71 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: Remake The Wolf Man

Standaard Remake The Wolf Man

Latinoreview heeft een script onder ogen gekregen voor een remake van The Wolf Man. Het script is geschreven door Andrew Kevin Walker die o.a. ook als schrijver op de credits van Se7en, 8MM en Sleepy Hollow staat. De scriptreview (tamelijk spoiler-vrij) staat hier. Een paar losse flodders uit de genoemde review:

Now kudos goes out to Universal for finally having the balls to go all out with this installment of their monster franchise. You see THE WOLF MAN isn't a PG-13 THE MUMMY or even VAN HELSING. THE WOLF MAN is a ballsy hard assed R. THE WOLF MAN is American Werewolf in London gory and violent.

The script went out to director's last week and Benecio Del Toro is attached to star

The story takes place in Victorian London, 1888.

the script was well crafted; AKW is at the top of his game. The structure is tight, the plot is tight, the characterizations are tight, the reveals come unexpectedly and the tone of the script is extremely dark. The Wolf Man action is really hot too.

Let wel: Op IMDB is vooralsnog niets over dit project te vinden op de pagina's van Walker en Del Toro. Latinoreview heeft echter een behoorlijke reputatie om als eerste met nieuwtjes op de proppen te komen.
    "It is intriguing and useful to listen to the sacred rhetoric of the cinema groups and intellectual critics, but very little of it gets up on the screen in the next picture." -Jerry Lewis

Standaard

Wow, dat klinkt echt heel goed. Walker heeft een behoorlijk CV waar het op scripts aan komt en Del Toro is zeker één van de betere acteurs van z'n generatie. Ook mooi om te lezen dat het een R-rated film wordt zodat er weinig consessies gedaan hoeven worden.

Standaard

Dit is al vrij oud nieuws :/ ik weet dit al zeker een maand of 2, hoewel ik niet meer precies weet uit welke bron :/
    Anywho, ik jank nu al tranen met tuiten. Del Toro kan voor geen meter acteren en let's face it: niemand zit nog te wachten op een film met hetzelfde "horror"gehalte als The Wolf Man. Waarschijnlijk zullen ze een hoop gore toevoegen, maar dat zal de diepgang van het verhaal alleen maar onrecht aandoen...
    Spleen, door Godfried Bomans
    Ik zit mij voor het vensterglas onnoem'lijk te vervelen. Ik wou dat ik twee hondjes was. Dan kon ik samen spelen.
    Mijn blog met filmbesprekingen
    Mercapto ergo sum - Ik zeik, dus ik ben...

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door The Hollywood Reporter
    Romanek stalks Del Toro 'Wolfman'

Director Mark Romanek has been hired to bring "The Wolfman" to the big screen. Scott Stuber and Mary Parent are producing the remake of the classic Universal Studios monster, which has Benicio Del Toro attached to star. Del Toro also is on board as a producer with Rick Yorn.

The movie will hew to the period pedigree of the 1941 original, in which a man returns from the U.S. to his ancestral home in Victorian-era Great Britain, gets bitten by a werewolf and begins a hairy moonlight existence.

Andrew Kevin Walker wrote the screenplay.

A fall start is being planned.

"Mark has a great love and knowledge of film," Stuber said. "He's a great and authentic storyteller. He looks for the truth in the characters, the scenes and in the set design. It's going to be exciting to see what he brings to the horror genre."

Music video helmer Romanek, who directed the Weezer video "El Scorcho" and Johnny Cash's "Trust," wrote and directed "One Hour Photo." He is repped by Endeavor and Anonymous Content.
    Remake of niet, met Romanek in de regiestoel, Del Toro in de hoofdrol en Walker als scenarist, kan dit natuurlijk niet misgaan.
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Let's hope so, ik kijk er naar uit iig

Standaard

Volgens moviehole is Anthony Hopkins in bespreking voor één van de rollen. Volg de link voor meer info (o.a. over welke rol het gaat).
    "It is intriguing and useful to listen to the sacred rhetoric of the cinema groups and intellectual critics, but very little of it gets up on the screen in the next picture." -Jerry Lewis

Standaard

EXCL: Who's Creating the Wolfman?

The answer is a natural choice, when you come to think of it. He's built a career on uncanny werewolf and ape FX, Eddie Murphy blockbusters and other astonishing works including The Frighteners and The Ring. Plus, he's a six-time Oscar winner. So, take that.

Yes, friends, FX maestro Rick Baker is back on lycanthrope duties.

ShockTillYouDrop.com received word from within the walls of Universal that Baker is in the prepping stages of bringing The Wolfman to life in Mark Romanek's remake.

Shooting begins, based on a script by Andrew Kevin Walker, this December with a November 14, 2008 release on the horizon. Benicio Del Toro is playing the cursed eponymous role made famous by Lon Chaney, Jr. in 1941.

Baker's history of lycanthropy began, of course, with An American Werewolf in London and continued into "Thriller" (well, what that is Jackson turns into), "Werewolf" (the TV series), Wolf and Wes Craven's Cursed.

Bron: shocktillyoudrop.com
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Rick Baker was killed by Benicio Del Toro on Mark Romanek's THE WOLFMAN & We've The Pic To Prove It!!!

Hey folks, Harry here... It recently leaked out on to the net that Rick Baker was indeed providing the make-up for Benicio in Mark Romanek's THE WOLFMAN - from Andrew Kevin Walker's script. I've known this for quite some time now - about 3 months ago, Romanek video i-chatted with me for a bit and waved this photo in front of his iSight camera for about 3 seconds as I tried to make out what it was - before being greeted with Mark's smiling face. To say he's excited about working with these two is a gross understatement. He literally has been geeking out about it. So when the word hit the web, I contacted Mark to share this great, celebratory pic with all of you. Now as you look at this - realize... NO MAKE-UP HAS BEEN APPLIED - That's just Benicio doing his WOLFMAN snarl - pre-Rick Baker. Can you imagine POST-Rick Baker Benicio? I can't wait to see this film - I expect nothing short of greatness. And a pimp cane!

This was taken about three months ago -- Our first meeting with the three of us. This pose was a jokey homage to the classic Universal Wolfman/Famous Monsters Magazine-era style, but seeing Benicio getting "wolfy" for the first time, even in jest, gave us chills. It was our first glimpse of what we could expect from this amazingly original and gifted actor.

It was very exciting to see these guys in the same room. Rick could tell immediately that Benicio was a sincere fan of the Lon Chaney Jr. original. Rick is such a Wolfman fan, he admitted that he's only campaigned for two films in his entire career. One was "Ed Wood" and the other is this project.

Seeing them together in the same room made me feel the project was finally becoming a reality.

Rick's assistant Kazu took extensive hi-rez digital photos (on this incredible 30 megapixel Hasselblad digital camera) of Benny making various facial expressions. we were all so stunned to see just how expressive Benicio's snarls and grimaces were, even without make-up.

Rick joked, "so, whattaya need ME for?!"

That said, the designs that Rick has created for Benicio are astonishing -- subtle, detailed, (sexy), terrifying.

best,
    Mark

Bron: aintitcool.com
    Laatst aangepast door Cinemaniac : 08-09-2007 om 11:50
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Blunt Playing Wolfman's Main Squeeze

CHUD has learned actress Emily Blunt is circling the role of Gwen in Mark Romanek's remake of The Wolfman. The actress has appeared in much finer work, but horror fans may remember her from the early-'07 release Wind Chill.

Gwen is the object of Larry Talbot's (a.k.a. the Wolfman) affection. And, if you recall from the original film, the one who sells Talbot his cane.

Starring Benicio del Toro and Anthony Hopkins, The Wolfman opens February 13, 2009 via Universal Pictures. Keep it here for more updates.

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Director Drops Out of The Wolfman

Director Mark Romanek has dropped out of Universal Pictures The Wolfman, reports Variety.

The trade says Romanek exited the film late Monday night over creative differences. The film has long had Benicio Del Toro aboard to play the werewolf, and the studio just set Emily Blunt (Charlie Wilson's War) and Anthony Hopkins to play the other leads in the film.

Universal maintains that Romanek left the project in strong shape and that it expects to set another director quickly. No word on whether a Feb. 18 start date will remain in place.

The studio is targeting a February 13, 2009 release date for the horror flick.

Bron: comingsoon.net
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Als opvolgers worden genoemd:

Brett Ratner (X-Men:The Last Stand, Red Dragon)
    Frank Darabont (The Green Mile, The Mist)
    James Mangold (3:10 to Yuma, Walk the Line)
    Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park 3, Jumanji)
    Bill Condon (Dreamgirls).

Bron: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41553

Standaard

Frank Darabont vindt ik de beste keuze, maar ik ben bang dat Brett Ratner de job krijgt
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Bill Condon mag het ook worden, vind ik. Dat was de regisseur en schrijver van Gods and Monsters (biopic over James Whale, de regisseur van Frankenstein). Die zal er genoeg affiniteit mee hebben, lijkt me.
    If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. And my straw reaches acrooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake... I drink your milkshake!

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

verassend niet echt slechte keuze

Standaard

'Genre lover' zegt al wat. Dat iedereen van die groep de film wilde maken, is op zich positief. Nu maar hopen dat Johnston niet al te veel naar CG grijpt, en de weerwolf gewoon door middel van make-up laat creëren.
    If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. And my straw reaches acrooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake... I drink your milkshake!

Standaard

Aan die foto te zien zal er al nieteens veel make up nodig zijn..
    "If a man can bridge the gap between life and death. I mean, if he can live on after he has died, then maybe he was a great man."
    ~James Dean

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Aloys Bekijk bericht
    Aan die foto te zien zal er al nieteens veel make up nodig zijn..
    Hehe, inderdaad...Del Toro is precies al eens gebeten door een grote harige wolfachtige.

Standaard

The Wolfman to Face Agent Smith

Hugo Weaving will join Benicio Del Toro and Emily Blunt in Universal's The Wolfman, reports Variety.

Weaving ("The Matrix" and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogies) will play Det. Aberline. Del Toro will play the hirsute title character and Anthony Hopkins his dad. Blunt has been cast as the female lead in the project, which Joe Johnston will direct.

Filming begins next month in London.

David Self did a rewrite of Andrew Kevin Walker's script. The movie is produced by Scott Stuber, Mary Parent, Sean Daniel and Rick Yorn.

Universal has set a February 13, 2009 release date for the pic.

Bron: comingsoon.net
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

First Look: Del Toro a Bloody Mess on Wolfman

Benicio Del Toro looks torn to shreds on the set of Universal's Wolfman remake, filming currently under the direction of Joe Johnston. The pic below is the first to come from the UK-based set.

Meer foto's!

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Rick Baker rulezzzzz!!!!!!!!

Bron: ew.com
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Cool!!!
    Ziet er echt heel erg goed uit...

Standaard

Directe link naar het interview met Rick Baker op ew.com: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20185191,00.html

Standaard

Nieuws van de set van Wolfman (met nieuwe pic!)...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44109

Standaard

Ik kijk echt zoooo sterk uit naar deze film, dit is voor mij (als classic monster movie buff) echt een dream come true
    Spleen, door Godfried Bomans
    Ik zit mij voor het vensterglas onnoem'lijk te vervelen. Ik wou dat ik twee hondjes was. Dan kon ik samen spelen.
    Mijn blog met filmbesprekingen
    Mercapto ergo sum - Ik zeik, dus ik ben...

Pagina 1 van 3 123 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten