De resultaten 1 tot 21 van 21 worden weergegeven.

Thumbs up Battleship Potemkin - 2 Disc SE (R1)

YEEEEEEHAAAA!!!!

Battleship Potemkin

One of the greatest and most influential films of the silent era, Battleship Potemkin will be released as a new two-disc special edition on October 23rd from Kino International. Sergei Eisenstein's 1925 masterwork, a dramatic account of the 1905 naval mutiny and subsequent uprising, is perhaps best known for its famous "Odessa Steps" sequence.

Produced in association with The Berlin Film Museum, Gosfilmofond Russian Archive and The British Film Institute, the two-disc set will feature the definitive restoration of the film mastered in high definition and including all of Eisenstein’s intertitles and original shots - cut from the film before its December 1925 Russian premiere - edited in their correct sequence. The soundtrack will feature Edmund Miesel's 1926 German Premiere score, performed by the Deutches Filmorchestra, in Dolby Digital 5.1.

Bonus materials include the complete edited version of the film with optional English intertitles, the hour-long German documentary "The Making of Potemkin" (featuring rare outtake footage), a restoration featurette, photo gallery and collectible booklet. Retail is $29.95.

davisdvd.com

En van hun site:

Kino International is proud to release on DVD a definitive and unprecedented restoration of one of the most important films of all time: Sergei Eisenstein's BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN (1925). Widely considered one the most influential silent film ever made, this undisputed masterpiece is now available in a cut as close as possible to Eisenstein's original vision, which premiered in Moscow in December of 1925.

Kino's two-DVD boxed set of Sergei Eisenstein's BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN will prebook on September 25, 2007, with a SRP of 29.95. Kino's BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN DVD will be available to the general public on October 23.

With a gamut of exclusive special features, Kino's BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN DVD offers a 42-minute documentary ("Tracing Battleship Potemkin") on the making and restoration of the film, a photo gallery, and another presentation of the film with original Russian intertitles and optional English subtitles.

THE RESTORATION

The result of a twenty-year restoration project led by the Deutches Kinemathek in Germany and supported by Bundesarchiv (Berlin), Gosfilmofond (Moscow) and the British Film Institute (London), this definitive version of BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN restores all 1,374 of Eisenstein's original shots. Setting this apart from previous re-issues of this Russian classic is the inclusion of never-before-seen segments cut from the original negative at the insistence of German censors in 1926 and 1928.

After Sergei Eisenstein supervised the cutting of the film's original negative (prior to the Russian premiere in 1925), this material was sold to a German distribution company that became responsible for the foreign sales of Potemkin. Still in the throes of a crippling economic depression and concerned with Bolshevik agitation within its own borders, German officials ordered distributor Prometheus to cut the most incendiary shots from the original negative, forcing them to further re-edit the film in order to cover up those cuts. Even the famed Odessa steps scene was altered.

Kino's BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN not only brings back all of the film's original shots, rescued from early prints made from the untouched original negative, but also presents the film as close as possible to its original edit, when it premiered in Russia on December 21, 1925. Moreover, all of Eisenstein's original titles have been put back in their original order, re-inserted into the film and retranslated into English. For instance, Kino's version brings back a quote, originally placed at the beginning of the film, by the Ukrainian-born Bolshevik revolutionary and Marxist theorist by Leon Trotsky. Even though Trotsky wrote extensively on the 1905 revolution, Russian censors decided to replace this quote with a less ambiguous excerpt written by Lenin.

And while the 1925 Russian premiere of POTEMKIN was presented without an exclusive score, Eisenstein personally supervised Edmund Meisel's composition in Germany before his film's premiere in Berlin in 1926. As such, Kino's DVD brings back to life the only official music track for Eisenstein's masterpiece, now rendered by the 55-piece Deutches Filmorchestra in 5.1 Stereo Surround.

After 80 years since its world premiere, dozens of missing shots have been replaced, all 146 mistranslated and reordered titles have been restored to Eisenstein's specifications and Potemkin's iconic imagery has been re-mastered in High Definition.

BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN returns Eisenstein's magnificent and revolutionary film to a form as close to its creator's bold vision as we are ever likely to see.
    Laatst aangepast door TheGodfather : 28-08-2007 om 22:46
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Die gaat natuurlijk in de bestelling. Ben benieuwd.

Standaard

Klinkt goed. Ik heb de versie uit de "Russia in Revolt" set van Eureka al, maar deze film "doubleer" ik graag.

Standaard

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Ziet er ok uit
    Gaat er zeker inkomen

Standaard

Heb zelf net de r2 uk box met October en Strike erbij gekocht! Ook een aanrader (zie dvdreviewer) en ook prima geprijst! (play)
    Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

My Dvd's & Blu Rays | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Nog een plaatje gevonden:

Laatst aangepast door TheGodfather : 28-09-2007 om 22:23

Standaard

Klik op het plaatje voor de DVDBeaver review:

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Thumbs up

Jammer dat de film er twee keer op staat. Ik had liever een disc met enkel extra's gezien. Maar natuurlijk heel goed dat er nu eindelijk een mooie editie, met goede beeldkwaliteit, is van deze klassieker!

Standaard

De r2 uk box kent ook opgeknapt beeld en nwe soundtracks!

Krijg je ook nog eens Strike en Oktober erbij!
    Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

My Dvd's & Blu Rays | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Heb `m gisteren ontvangen: mooie uitgave met (op het eerste gezicht) een goede transfer en goed geluid.
    Zeker het geld waard

Standaard

Is er ook een nl-subs versie met verbeterd beeld en geluid?
    **** Mijn Traderstatus (160+ trades)

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Martin Zandbergen Bekijk bericht
    Is er ook een nl-subs versie met verbeterd beeld en geluid?
    Bij mijn weten niet. Volgens mij is er zelfs nog geen enkele versie met NL subs te krijgen.

Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2002

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Richard B. Bekijk bericht
    Bij mijn weten niet. Volgens mij is er zelfs nog geen enkele versie met NL subs te krijgen.
    Moskwood heeft een dvd uitgegeven van Potemkin met Nederlandse (en Engelse) ondertiteling. Meer info hier
    "Fred, it's not quite dark enough, I can still see something"

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Eddy Bekijk bericht
    Moskwood heeft een dvd uitgegeven van Potemkin met Nederlandse (en Engelse) ondertiteling. Meer info hier
    Thanks, dacht deze al ergens tegen gekomen te zijn. Maar is dit de gerestaureerde versie? Of lees ik daar overheen?

Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2002

Standaard

Ik heb geen idee of dit de gerestaureerde versie is. Zelf heb ik de Eureka-versie en die is helaas niet echt geweldig. Ik ga zelf terzijnertijd deze vervangen door de R1 2-disc, maar dat heeft voorlopig geen haast. Eerst maar eens proberen mijn klijkachterstand weg te werken, daarna eerst titels van mijn verlanglijstje van onbekende films langzaam binnen hengelen.
    "Fred, it's not quite dark enough, I can still see something"

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Eddy Bekijk bericht
    Die was ik even vergeten.

Of het een gerestaureerde versie is weet ik niet (ik heb deze niet) maar volgens mij ligt ie al wel een paar jaartjes in de winkel.

Standaard

Ok die nl versie toch maar es aanschaffen dan. Ben benieuwd naar de film en eventueel voor in de klas, dus vandaar de nl-subs

Standaard

Het is geen gerestaureerde versie van Moskwood maar ik vind `m toch wel goed kijkbaar.

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten