Pagina 2 van 2 EersteEerste 12
De resultaten 26 tot 40 van 40 worden weergegeven.

Standaard

Niet alleen voor de dikke portemonnee, maar ook voor degenen die nog geen musicals op dvd heeft.

Ik zie n.l. vooral overbekende en reeds eerder (en vaker) uitgegeven titels.

Showboat schittert echter weer door afwezigheid.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Herman ter Lingen Bekijk bericht
    Niet alleen voor de dikke portemonnee, maar ook voor degenen die nog geen musicals op dvd heeft.

Ik zie n.l. vooral overbekende en reeds eerder (en vaker) uitgegeven titels.

Showboat schittert echter weer door afwezigheid.

showboat is dan ook een MGM-film uit de huidige Warner-catalogus, en deze box is een release van het 'andere' MGM, het deel van de catalogus dat onder de naam MGM wordt geexploiteerd. In 2009 verschijnt bij Warner een 3disc editie van Showboat, met de versies uit 1929, 1936 en 1951 in een release. Dus nog even geduld
    Laatst aangepast door bureaulamp : 31-08-2008 om 13:39 Reden: fouten

New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Murnau, Borzage and Fox DVD Collection on 9th December 2008 priced at $239.98 SRP. This 12-film collection aims to capture the iconic careers of directors F.W. Murnau and Frank Borzage during their time at Fox Studios in the late 1920s and early 1930s. Amongst the films included are newly remastered versions of Murnau’s Sunrise and Borzage’s 7th Heaven, as well as an all-new feature length documentary from filmmaker John Cork. Additionally, the set features two exclusive hard-cover books showcasing rare, unpublished photos from the careers of both filmmakers, one of which focuses solely on Murnau’s lost film 4 Devils

More detail follows on this collection of films (of which there are no announced individual releases)…

While his career was cut short due to a fatal auto accident in 1931 at the age of 42, the impact of F.W. Murnau on the film community can still be felt to this day. Heralded by his contemporaries such as John Ford, Allan Dwan, William Wellman, Howard Hawks and Raoul Walsh during his time at the studio, William Fox brought the expressionist director from Germany to Hollywood after he saw his 1924 film The Last Laugh. This collection includes two surviving works that Murnau made with Fox from 1927-1930 including the beautifully filmed, three-time Oscar winner Sunrise (1927) starring Janet Gaynor and George O’Brien and the country set, marital crisis City Girl (1930). Murnau’s lost, and perhaps most famous work 4 Devils (1928 ) is also paid tribute with a featurette and all-new book focused on the film as well as a look at the screenplay and more. Also included is the rarely seen European silent alternate version of Sunrise, restored by the Nardoni Filmovy Archiv.

Frank Borzage’s career at Fox lasted only seven years, but it would be the silent films he helmed at the studio that would come to define his career as he won the first Best Director Oscar for 7th Heaven and again in 1931 for Bad Girl. Ten of Borzage’s surviving films are featured in the collection including the melodramatic love story 7th Heaven (1927), another triple-Oscar winner at the inaugural ceremony also starring Janet Gaynor. Borzage would go on to collaborate with Gaynor two more times at Fox; as a spirited young woman who joins a traveling carnival in Street Angel (1928 ) and as a young farm girl who falls in love with a soldier during World War I in Lucky Star (1929). Other featured Borzage works include Lazybones (1925), They Had To See Paris (1929), two versions of Song O’ My Heart (1930), Liliom (1930), Bad Girl (1931), After Tomorrow (1932), Young America (1932) and a reconstruction of the lost film The River (1929).

Lastly, Murnau, Borzage & Fox (2008 ) is a feature length documentary by filmmaker John Cork examining the early history of Fox films and studio head William Fox and his patronage of German expressionist F.W. Murnau. In turn, Murnau’s cinematic styles would influence Fox’s stable of directors including Frank Borzage, John Ford and Raoul Walsh.

Lazybones (1925) – Frank Borzage
    • Feature film (1.20:1 aspect ratio)
    • Newly created score composed by Tim Curran
    • Still gallery
    Street Angel (1928 ) – Frank Borzage
    • Still gallery
    7th Heaven (1927) – Frank Borzage
    • Commentary by film historians Robert Birchard and Anthony Slide
    • Still gallery
    • The River reconstruction featurette
    • The River Still gallery
    Sunrise (1927) – F.W. Murnau
    • Movietone version of feature film (1.20:1 aspect ratio)
    • European silent version of feature film (1.33:1 aspect ratio)
    • Original Movietone score
    • Olympia Chamber Orchestra score composed and conducted by Timothy Brock
    • Commentary by ASC Cinematographer John Bailey
    • Outtakes with commentary by John Bailey
    • Outtakes with text cards
    • Original scenario by Carl Meyer with annotations by F. W. Murnau
    • Theatrical trailer
    • Still gallery
    • Sunrise screenplay
    • Restoration notes
    Lucky Star (1929) – Frank Borzage
    • Newly created score composed and conducted by Christopher Caliendo
    • Still gallery
    They Had To See Paris (1929) – Frank Borzage
    • Still gallery
    City Girl (1930) – F.W. Murnau
    • Feature film (1.19:1 aspect ratio)
    • Newly created score composed and conducted by Christopher Caliendo
    • Still gallery
    • Murnau’s 4 Devils: Traces of a Lost Film – a film by Janet Bergstrom
    • 4 Devils screenplay
    • 4 Devils treatment
    • 4 Devils Still gallery
    Liliom (1930) – Frank Borzage
    • Still gallery
    After Tomorrow (1932) – Frank Borzage
    • Feature film (1.33:1 aspect ratio)
    • Still gallery
    Young America (1932) – Frank Borzage
    • Feature film (1.33:1 aspect ratio)
    • Still gallery
    Song O’ My Heart (1930) – Frank Borzage
    • Full sound version of film (1.20:1 aspect ratio)
    • Music and Effects version of film (1.20:1 aspect ratio)
    • Still gallery
    Bad Girl (1931) – Frank Borzage
    Murnau, Borzage and Fox (2008 )
    • Feature length documentary (1.66:1 aspect ratio)

Klik op het plaatje voor een grotere versie!
    Laatst aangepast door Cinemaniac : 16-09-2008 om 22:42
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Jezus! dat ziet er wel ontzettend mooi uit, maar die prijs

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door TheGodfather Bekijk bericht
    Jezus! dat ziet er wel ontzettend mooi uit, maar die prijs
    Mja, je kan voor een set als dit, zowel qua uitwerking als qua films, niet verwachten dat de prijs laag is. Geweldig dat Fox dit doet, kunnen de andere grote studio's een heel groot voorbeeld aan nemen.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door wiljan Bekijk bericht
    Mja, je kan voor een set als dit, zowel qua uitwerking als qua films, niet verwachten dat de prijs laag is. Geweldig dat Fox dit doet, kunnen de andere grote studio's een heel groot voorbeeld aan nemen.
    Ja das wel waar . Maar toch, hij zal wel een stuk goedkoper moeten worden wil ik `m aanschaffen :razz:

Standaard

Rond de tijd dat de remake uitkomt, verschijnt er een Special Edition R1 dvd van de originele sci-fi klassieker (ook op Blu-ray, btw):

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Godver, die Murnau Borzage box is me daarom een potje geil.
    Misschien ben ik wel een gokjunkie en een leugenaar, maar ik heb hulp nodig. Kan ik misschien wat geld van je lenen?
    Scorsese te ruil

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Prachtig!! maar wat een prijs

Standaard

Ik hoop dat ze later nog wat dingen los uitgeven in een goedkoper boxje, zonder al die extra dingetjes. Net zoals ze met die John Ford gedaan hebben. En DVD's die zo verpakt zijn, daar kunnen alleen maar problemen van komen.
    Misschien ben ik wel een gokjunkie en een leugenaar, maar ik heb hulp nodig. Kan ik misschien wat geld van je lenen?
    Scorsese te ruil

Standaard

True, maar dat boek van The 4 Devils maakt het net zo interessant

Standaard

Dan moet je 'm kopen. 180 dollar bij amazon. Mooi kerstcadeau toch.
    Scorsese te ruil

Standaard

Ja haha, nogal. Maar het is me toch echt te prijzig

Pagina 2 van 2 EersteEerste 12

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten