De resultaten 1 tot 6 van 6 worden weergegeven.

Standaard The Music of The Lord of the Rings

Dit najaar verschijnt het boek The Music of The Lord of the Rings. Het boek is geschreven door Doug Adams en bevat 416 pagina's over het maken van de muziek voor The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers en The Return of the King. Bij het boek zit een CD met 23 tracks met ongebruikte muziek en alternatieve versies. Het boek zal wereldwijd verkrijgbaar zijn.

Meer informatie kun je hier vinden:
    http://themusicofthelordoftheringsfilms.blogspot.com/

Standaard

Volgens Amazon.com verschijnt het boek op 5 oktober en gaat hij $ 59,95 kosten plus verzendkosten.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...viemusiccom-20

Standaard

De tracklist van de CD die bij het boek zit:

As part of my research for The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films I was granted access to Howard Shore’s full archive of recorded materials. This included every single take from months of recording sessions on Fellowship, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King, as well as electronic mock-ups of themes, DVD recording sessions, unused songs and lyrics, etc. All in all, it was enough raw audio to keep me in a listening room for a few hundred hours or so. Fortunately, I was able to space out these review sessions over the course of a year-and-a-half, during which time I catalogued everything I found on CD-Rs, DVDs, and abandoned hard drives, then proceeded to litter Shore’s offices with a self-devised system of post-it notes and red markers … a trail of breadcrumbs I could later use to retrace my steps.

But more pressing than the logistical concerns were the creative ones. How on Earth could this material be properly presented? We toyed with a number of ideas, but ultimately decided to let Tolkien be our guide. The Rarities told two stories, one Tolkien’s, one Shore’s. If we could retain that drama, then shape something beautiful – not simply catalogue it – we’d have a piece worthy of the lineage.

Tracks were chosen to present all our major discoveries – and believe me, it was an incredible task to ensure we squeezed everything in. They were then set into story order so as to both illustrate Shore’s creative process and echo Tolkien’s narrative voice. Finally, the music was cleaned up and remastered by Jonathan Schultz, who worked on the film scores, the original soundtrack CDs, and The Complete Recordings. As a special bonus, we included a short discussion between Howard Shore and myself at the end of the album.

The result is something that can be either studied as a fascinating collection of rare materials, or listened to as a well-rounded album experience. I think this disc is every bit as unique as the book it accompanies, and a beautiful finale to the music of The Lord of the Rings. I’m incredibly thankful to Howard Shore and Howe Records for allowing me to be a part of it.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RARITIES ARCHIVE

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

01 Prologue: One Ring to Rule Them All (Alternate)
    02 The Shire/The Hobbits (Mock-up)
    03 Out From Bree (Theatrical Version & Alternate)
    04 Flight to the Ford (Alternate)
    05 Moria (Mock-up)
    06 The Fighting Uruk-hai (Alternate)
    07 The Argonath (Alternate)

THE TWO TOWERS

08 Gwenwin in în (“Arwen’s Song” Alternate/Mock-up)
    09 Arwen’s Song (Complete)
    10 Emyn Muil (Alternate)
    11 The Rohan Fanfare (Mock-up)
    12 The Eaves of Fangorn (Alternate)
    13 The Ent Theme (Mock-up)

THE RETURN OF THE KING

14 The Return of the King Trailer
    15 The Gondor Theme (Mock-up)
    16 The Muster of Rohan (Alternate)
    17 The Siege of Gondor (Alternate)
    18 Shieldmaiden of Rohan (Theatrical Version)
    19 Sammath Naur (Alternate)
    20 Frodo’s Song (“Into the West” Alternate/Mock-up)
    21 Elanor (Alternate)

HOWARD SHORE & DOUG ADAMS

22 In Conversation (Part 1)
    23 In Conversation (Part 2)
    Bron: www.musicoflotr.com.

Standaard

Afgelopen week dit boek ontvangen. Het is een dik boek geworden van ruim 400 pagina's. Het boek bestaat uit een bespreking van alle 90 (!) thema's die Howard Shore voor de drie films heeft geschreven, een bespreking van alle tracks van de "Complete Recordings" besproken. Het hebben van de "Complete Recordings" is geen noodzaak, maar het maakt de informatie in het boek wel een stuk interessanter, want je kunt zo direct horen welke thema's er gebruikt worden in een bepaalde track en wat de bedoeling van Shore hiervan is. Het boek bespreekt tevens hoe de muziek is opgenomen.

Bij het boek zit een CD met niet eerder uitgebracht muziek. De tracks van deze CD worden ook in het boek besproken. De teksten die het koor zingt staan overigens ook allemaal in het boek.

Ik heb het boek nog lang niet volledig gelezen, maar wat ik ervan gelezen heb was zeer interessant. Het is een aanrader voor iedereen die meer wil weten over de muziek van de Lord of the Rings-films. Kennis van muziektermen is overigens meegenomen. Als je, zoals ik, dat niet hebt zijn sommige stukken van het boek moeilijk te begrijpen.

Standaard

wow! dat boek moet ik hebben, hoe duur hij ook is!
    GIMLI:
    Well lad, whatever luck you live by, let’s hope it lasts the night.

LEGOLAS:
    Your friends are with you, Aragorn.

GIMLI:
    Let’s hope they last the night.

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten