Pagina 1 van 2 12 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 27 worden weergegeven.

Standaard Verfilming van het spel DOOM

Nou dat wordt het hoor
    Monsters afschieten ala Resident Evil.
    Zie dit bericht op Tweakers.
    http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/23565
    Zou het een probleem zijn als ik een IQ van glas water zou hebben?
    Dvd-profiler

Standaard

Eerst zien dan geloven. Er wordt al gesproken over een film sinds het eerste spel (1993 dus).

Standaard

mwa verfilmde spelletjes zijn nou niet echt altijd toppers..Tombraider was wel grappig maar dat was het wel zo'n beetje
    FROM ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST I MISS MY MIND THE MOST

Standaard

Met ziet wel brood in spellen tegenwoordig. Zelf Return To Castle Wolfenstein staat op het punt om verfilmd te worden. Persoonlijk vind ik Doom leuker om te spelen dan te kijken, want een verhaal zit er echt niet in
    Not just any turd, mind you, but the kind that breaks off,
    leaving a piece stuck up your butt, and you walk around all day with a bad itch.

Standaard

Interview: Doom 3: The Movie
    by John Gaudiosi

Doom will be making the jump to the big screen, and we talk with id Software CEO, Todd Hollenshead about the film.
    With the recent success of Doom 3 on the PC platform, and the upcoming release of Doom 3 on the Xbox, the franchise is all the buzz in the entertainment industry. Crossing the boundaries of gaming, Doom will soon be making the jump to the silver screen. We sat down with id Software CEO, Todd Hollenshead to chat about the upcoming movie.
    GameDAILY: What is the latest status of the movie? I know the first deal expired after a year. Can you run through the process?
    Todd Hollenshead: The script is close to final and we're very happy with it. Universal is in the process of casting and pre-production now. With every passing day I become more and more confident that we will see DOOM at movie theaters before the end of next year.

GD: Can you also trace the history of the Doom movies, dating back to I believe Spielberg's interest at one point?

TH: I'm not sure Steven was ever officially interested in directing the movie. Last summer Tim and I had a very good meeting with him, showing him the game, and even letting his son play it for a bit, but he never made a serious play for the rights. Ivan Reitman was associated with the very first movie deal, based on DOOM and DOOM II, but the rumor was that he chose to do the Howard Stern flick instead of DOOM. Ironically, I think it was Universal that had those initial rights. Those expired and we licensed the rights to Columbia. When that deal expired I decided I wanted to change how we were handling the movie rights. Ultimately we became a CAA client who worked to get the deal in 2002 with Warner Bros. as a "progress to completion" deal. Progress was being made all along, but when it came time for Warner Bros. to make a big payment to id to retain the rights and basically commit to production, they decided to allow the deal to expire. Enter Univeral, who basically stepped right into Warners' shoes on the deal. They are excited about the movie and want to start filming as soon as is reasonable.

GD: Why has it taken so long for what seems like such an easy conversion from game to film?

TH: Way back there were many false starts and a script that wasn't particularly compelling. When we started all over with CAA, the first thing that was done was getting John Wells and Lorenzo DiBonaventura on the project and they immediately focused on getting a good script in process. I think that's been the big difference this time around.

GD: What are your hopes and goals in terms of bringing Doom to the big screen?

TH: I want to see the movie be true to what the legacy of the DOOM games mean to fans. Scary, intense, lots of action, and consistent with what we've done in the games. However, movies and games are different media, so some things will and should be different. I'm not looking for "DOOM 3: The Movie" and that's not what it will be. The script is not based on the DOOM 3 story, but is based on the DOOM universe, so fans will see plenty in the movie that they will recognize from the game.

GD: Since Doom 3 is a retelling of the original, will the script focus more on the update than the original?

TH: We didn't tie the script to the specific story in the game. There are lots of similarities, but there are many things that are different in a way that's not inconsistent with what we've done in the games. I believe that fans will find the story in the movie fresh and exciting, but still very much DOOM.

GD: Would you say that given the sci-fi and horror aspects, this needs to be a tent pole $100 million type of film?

TH: I'm not a movie guy, so that's really outside of what I do. Lorenzo and John are the producers responsible for making the right decisions with Universal on the budget. And we're all excited about the potential, so they're going to spend what they need to spend to make a great movie.

GD: Given the popularity of the Doom franchise, and the fact that the game is known by people who know nothing about games, do you see this film becoming a franchise with sequels?

TH: I'd certainly like to see that, but the focus now is on making the first film a great flick. Sequels tend to sort themselves out if you do good work with the first film.

GD: Have you given any thought into convergence in the sense that characters from the movie might be included in a future game? (This is currently being done with the Resident Evil movies/games.)

TH: That's definitely something that we would consider as long as it fit in well with what we would want to put in the game. We wouldn't want to do it just as some token throw-in so we can say there's some movie relationship to the game. The game is the cornerstone property for us. A great movie would be amazingly cool, but it's still second place to the games being kick ass.

GD: Do you have a time frame in terms of when you'd like a script completed and when the film might hit theaters?

TH: The script is very close to final already. I'll be ecstatic if it's out by the end of next year. But I'm like other fans: the sooner the better!

http://gigex.com/general/article/?id...7&source=00001

Standaard

Als t maar niet opeens Paul Anderson wordt die gaat regisseren

Standaard

Of Uwe Boll :x iemand House of the Dead gezien? Ik had er zo'n superslechte recensies van gelezen dat ik gewoon zelf moest checken hoe ultiem slecht die film is en wil je een film zien die dingt naar de titel slechtste film ooit huur vooral (of download em liever, geen geld in stoppen) deze %^&^%%& film.

MODERATOR EDIT: Bericht is aangepast. Beetje op je taalgebruik letten a.u.b.
    .....The Only Verdict Is Vengeance, A Vendetta.....

V (Hugo Weaving)- V For Vendetta

Standaard

haha ja house of the dead damn zo slecht,ik viel gewoon in slaap

Standaard

Wat een rámp zou het zijn als er toch eens een spel onverfilmd zou blijven. Gelukkig hebben we Hollywood nog
    God help the outcasts, hungry from birth
    Show them the mercy, they don't find on earth

Standaard

ze zouden beter John Woo de verfilming van Doom laten doen...

Standaard

Op zich leuk dat dat soort spelletjes verfilmd worden! Het is alleen wel erg zonde dat er dan gericht wordt op een publiek van dertien jaar en ouder...

Standaard

ze zouden beter John Woo de verfilming van Doom laten doen...
    Hij wordt het misschien ook, was in onderhandeling ofzo had ik ergens gelezen, maar The Rock gaat de hoofdrol spelen zo ver bekent is.
    What ?

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Oscar P.
    Op zich leuk dat dat soort spelletjes verfilmd worden! Het is alleen wel erg zonde dat er dan gericht wordt op een publiek van dertien jaar en ouder...
    Hoe bedoel je? Moeten ze juist op jonger of op ouder publiek gericht worden? Op ouder lijkt me onmogelijk. De simplistische verhaallijn leent zich nou niet echt voor een spettered avontuur...

Standaard

Als ze Doom gaan verfilmen dan wil ik ook een 16 jaar en ouder film hebben en anders moet je er nog niet es aan gaan beginnen. De Doom spellen zijn allen gewelddadig en bloederig dus fans van de spellen willen dit ook zien. Probeer er nog een beetje origineel verhaaltje omheen te bouwen en ik ben tevreden.
    .....The Only Verdict Is Vengeance, A Vendetta.....

V (Hugo Weaving)- V For Vendetta

Standaard

The Rock is op zich wel een goeie keuze denk ik, maar inderdaad, laten we er geen avonturenfilm voor de familie van maken. Als de sfeer uit Doom III overkomt, vind ik het best. Althans, ik ben me een paar keer flink te pletter geschrokken. Ik moet nog steeds verder spelen, maar ja, ik moest Unreal Tournament 2004 weer eens opstarten, meteen weer een paar avonden raak . Installeer wel even de soundpack he, want de geluiden van de guns bij het originele spel zijn erg slecht, volgens mij zelfs mono, maar dit even ter zijde. Ikzelf ben gewoon een groot fan van monster / demon animaties, dat trekt me eigenlijk het meest naar dit soort games.

John Woo zou ook een goeie keuze zijn denk ik, maar ik hoop wel op een beetje verhaal zelf, niet zo'n standaard hollywood knal film. Resident Evil deed het al aardig, hoewel de zombie's er erg lomp uitzagen, de sfeer was goed. Ikzelf hoe wel meer van de sfeer van onheil ipv constant alleen maar actie, denkende aan de originele Alien film.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

Standaard

Misschien word de film beter als Doom III, wat een tegenvaller vond ik da!?!

Standaard

Waarom Leisure Suit Larry niet eens een keer verfilmen? Is toch veel leuker ?
    "It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen."-Alex de Large

Standaard

The Rock in de hoofdrol?

Als tie dan maar zijn naam en het personage eer aandoet en geen tekst heeft in de film

Tevens hoop ik dat ze minimaal de CyborgDemon uit 1 er in stoppen en natuurlijk een degelijk verhaal.

Ben benieuwd
    You are free to do as we tell you!

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Rogier Wijsbroek

groot gelijk! wat een tegenvaller. dus in dat opzicht zou het niet al te moeilijk zijn om een betere film te maken dan het spel. qua sfeer kan het spel wel tellen, maar daar blijft het ook bij...

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Lex v/d Moolen
    Waarom Leisure Suit Larry niet eens een keer verfilmen? Is toch veel leuker ?
    Of the sims

Standaard

Punt 1 Niet verfilmen, sommige legendes moet je met rust laten. Door het uitmelken zal de leggende van DOOM verloren gaan.

punt 2 The Rock, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Nouja hij kan misschien een bezeten monster spelen en die wordt dan door zn hoofd geschoten. The Rock is een hersenloze zombie en die zitten in Doom III wel genoeg

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door jake montana
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Rogier Wijsbroek

groot gelijk! wat een tegenvaller. dus in dat opzicht zou het niet al te moeilijk zijn om een betere film te maken dan het spel. qua sfeer kan het spel wel tellen, maar daar blijft het ook bij...
    Valt wel mee vind ik, ik vond het erg tof. Maar ja, wat kun je in godesnaam aan het FPS genre wijzigen dan? Het blijft knallen, anders wordt het een stealth game of zoiets. De kracht van het spel zit hem in de licht/schaduw-effecten .... daarnaast monster animatie's zijn tof .... plus het sfeertje is goed .... wel even de soundpack downloaden, want die gunsounds zijn mono in het origineel. Mijn shotgun blaast in ieder geval knalhard . Wel allemaal het origineel he? Mensen die downloaden, die mening telt niet .

Van mijn hoeft verfilmen ook niet echt, misschien werkt net als met FF animatie beter. Ik zit eerder op de verfilming van Devil May Cry te wachten (waren ze al mee bezig las ik, hopelook ook John Woo!), dat verhaal kan misschien iets meer mee gedaan worden. Ik kan me tot nu toe in ieder geval geen goeie game-film herinneren, ik vond ze de films die ik gezien heb echt middelmatig. Andersom is het ook vaak het geval.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Herjan Hakkers
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Oscar P.
    Hoe bedoel je? Moeten ze juist op jonger of op ouder publiek gericht worden? Op ouder lijkt me onmogelijk. De simplistische verhaallijn leent zich nou niet echt voor een spettered avontuur...
    Het gaat bij doom ook niet echt om de verhaallijn...

Een doom-film voor dertien jaar en ouder kan nooit zo grof zijn als de pc-versies...

Standaard

An Urban, Rock-filled DOOM
    RIDDICK and BOURNE SUPREMACY co-star joins vid game adaptation

Dateline: Wednesday, September 15, 2004

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
    By: News Editor
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter

After starring in two of Universal Pictures summertime films, Karl Urban (who also starred in the latter two LORD OF THE RINGS pictures) will receive another paycheck from the same studio for starring in DOOM along with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Urban, who appeared in THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK and THE BOURNE SUPREMACY this past summer, will play a futuristic special ops soldier named John Grimm in film adaptation of the popular id Software first-person shooter video game. Grimm confronts the demons unleashed from a scientific experiment on Mars that's gone awry, and in the course of the film the character will also confront the organization that's responsible for his parents' death.

Now here comes the boring stuff: the movie will be directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak (CRADLE 2 THE GRAVE), who joined the project earlier this month. The screenplay is by Dave Callaham and Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and John Wells are producing the flick. Uni wants to start filming come October and release the movie on August 5, 2005. That would delay the start of SPY HUNTER until after DOOM has wrapped and freed up The Rock's schedule.
    http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=42493

Standaard

Karl Urban is geen slecht castmember denk ik

Pagina 1 van 2 12 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten