De resultaten 1 tot 7 van 7 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: Michael Bay

Standaard Michael Bay

Gelezen:

Michael Bay Apologizes for Armageddon

Michael Bay is not necessarily known as Hollywood’s most self-deprecating director. Hell, he might be the least. But in a recent profile in the Miami Herald, he actually admitted failure, stating, “I will apologize for Armageddon." He explained: "We had to do the whole movie in 16 weeks. It was a massive undertaking. That was not fair to the movie. I would redo the entire third act if I could. But the studio literally took the movie away from us. It was terrible. My visual effects supervisor had a nervous breakdown, so I had to be in charge of that. I called James Cameron and asked ‘What do you do when you’re doing all the effects yourself?’ But the movie did fine.” Sure, blaming the studio isn’t the most humble move, but it’s a start. (Spoiler alert for this next sentence, just in case you somehow haven’t seen Armageddon by now.) Bay did not confirm if redoing the third act meant having Optimus Prime swoop in to save a tearful Bruce Willis, but what else could he have meant?
    Zie http://www.vulture.com/2013/04/micha....html?mid=imdb

Veel te laat! Excuses NIET geaccepteerd.

Standaard

Ik hou wel van "Armageddon", dus mij maakt het niet veel uit. Had liever verontschuldigingen gezien van "Tranformers II".
    BD (1243) What i Watch

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door freaky Bekijk bericht
    Ik hou wel van "Armageddon", dus mij maakt het niet veel uit. Had liever verontschuldigingen gezien van "Tranformers II".
    Voeg deel 3 er dan ook maar aan toe en beide Bad Boys.
    Speakers: KEF HTS6001 + Paradigm CC-270 + KEF KHT2005.2 + Polk Audio RM3300 + KEF PSW 1000.2
    Versterker: Onkyo TX-NR656 / TV: LG OLED55C6V / Speler: LG UBK90 / Blu-ray's: 1010 / 4K UHD: 187

Standaard

Armageddon is een geweldige film..

Hope is lost. Faith is broken. A fire will rise..

Standaard

Hij geeft kennelijk toch een wat andere draai aan z'n eerdere verontschuldiging:

One press writer has gone too far in reporting false information. He has printed the bare minimum of my statement which in effect have twisted my words and meaning. I'm not in the slightest going to apologize for the third movie in my movie career, a film called Armageddon.
    "It is intriguing and useful to listen to the sacred rhetoric of the cinema groups and intellectual critics, but very little of it gets up on the screen in the next picture." -Jerry Lewis

Standaard

Ik vind alleen zijn 3 Transformers films echte tegenvallers, de rest vind ik geweldige zomer-actie-verstand-op-nul-en-genieten-maar films. The Island en The Rock vind ik nog steeds zijn beste, ook qua verhaal. Armageddon vind ik verder ook prima, niks mis mee.

Standaard

Ik ben geen liefhebber van Michael Bay maar ik kan niet ontkennen dat de man een eigen stijl heeft.

Excuses aanbieden voor films vind ik altijd zo raar. Je doet toch niemand wat aan ? Iedereen heeft altijd de keuze om zijn films wel of niet te gaan bekijken.

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten