De resultaten 1 tot 11 van 11 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: DVD pocket

Standaard DVD pocket

Hi all people in here,

Can someone tell me the correct word/words in Dutch for a DVD storage pocket? It is a thin plastic pocket to store DVDs. (im from Denmark)

I can see that a variety of the words are used, but I am not sure which ones covers the best. It is not the traditional jewel cases, but as mentioned above, a very thin plastic pocket.

DVD opbergmap
    DVD tasje
    DVD tassen
    DVD houder
    DVD hoesjes
    DVD map

I hope someone can help with the most correct word/words if more covers the term. If you want you can see the product here:

https://www.t3lshop.nl/shop/dvd-opbe...tuks-503p.html

I am not trying to do marketing for the product, admitted, it is my webshop, but I need to have the right wordings use the correct terms in the text.

I appreciate all inputs.

Thanks a lot.

Standaard

'opbergmap' is, in fact, the binder used to store your plastic pockets in, not the pockets itself.
    I would call those 'plastic dvd hoesjes', as seen here:

https://www.opus.nl/doosjes-hoesjes/...n-hoesjes.html

to make a clear distinction between plastic ones and paper ones.
    Laatst aangepast door Werner : 07-03-2017 om 20:03
    DVD-pagina - DVD Info - Facebook - SafeTrader
    Ik heb een fantasy-boek geschreven! Lees er alles over hier!

Standaard

Hi Werner,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. It is appreciated
    I think I will do like this: Plastic dvd hoesjes - ruimtebesparende DVD opbergen
    I guess it would work.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door thecelt Bekijk bericht
    Hi Werner,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. It is appreciated
    I think I will do like this: Plastic dvd hoesjes - ruimtebesparende DVD opbergen
    I guess it would work.
    First dvd you do in small letters, the second time in capitals.
    it should be "ruimtebesparend DVD opbergen" (without the "e" after "ruimtebesparend")
    Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions 2008, National League Champions 2009 & 2022 en National League East Champions 2010 & 2011

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Ludo Keeris Bekijk bericht
    First dvd you do in small letters, the second time in capitals.
    it should be "ruimtebesparend DVD opbergen" (without the "e" after "ruimtebesparend")

Thanks
    Is it preferable to write "dvd" with small letters or with capitals?
    In DK we always write it like this: DVD.

Standaard

That's a good one...
    Officially it's in small letters, but almost everybody uses it in capitals.
    If you ask me, I would prefer capitals
    Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions 2008, National League Champions 2009 & 2022 en National League East Champions 2010 & 2011

Standaard

It doesn't really matter whether you use uppercase or lowercase, but a consequent choice contributes to professionalism.
    DVD-pagina - DVD Info - Facebook - SafeTrader
    Ik heb een fantasy-boek geschreven! Lees er alles over hier!

Lightbulb

It does matter, as we have an official spelling rule in Dutch stating that abbreviations that are used as a word (rather than as the full phrase that many may not even know) the correct spelling is in lowercase: dvd, aids, havo etc. In English you would write DVD, AIDS etc.

The correct spelling would then be dvd-hoesje, so with a hyphen, as Dutch does not use separate words, although you see many write like that on forums like this.

Many may not care, but the same goes for d-t-errors and interpunction. If you know the rule, you can apply it.
    Laatst aangepast door Oakey : 09-03-2017 om 08:59

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Oakey Bekijk bericht
    It does matter, as we have an official spelling rule in Dutch stating that abbreviations that are used as a word (rather than as the full phrase that many may not even know) the correct spelling is in lowercase: dvd, aids, havo etc. In English you would write DVD, AIDS etc.

The correct spelling would then be dvd-hoesje, so with a hyphen, as Dutch does not use separate words, although you see many write like that on forums like this.

Many may not care, but the same goes for d-t-errors and interpunction. If you know the rule, you can apply it.
    Nice, I didn't know this, so thank you
    DVDPROFILER
    LG OLED 65G36LA; SONY HT-A9; SONY SA-SW5; Pioneer BDP LX58; SONY UBP-X700(Regio A/1 voor BD/DVD); Logitech Harmony Companion; Google Nest Hub's; Nvidia Shield 2019; PS3 60GB

Standaard

Thank you for this info . it's nice to know.

Let's say you wanted to search in Google for this, would you then use the hyphen or just leave it out?

Standaard

That should not matter; Google should be able to find both, irrespective of the hyphen (just tried it, same results with both ways of searching).

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten