Pagina 131 van 167 EersteEerste ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 3.251 tot 3.275 van 4160 worden weergegeven.

Standaard The last frontier DVD

Ik heb te koop voor 5,99 (inclusief porto): de western The last frontier op DVD, met NL subs. Heb je belangstelling, stuur me even een PM.
    Bijgesloten plaatje(s) Bijgesloten plaatje(s)

Standaard

Iemand die me wat kan vertellen over The Rare Breed

Alvast bedankt!
    Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

My Dvd's & Blu Rays | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Coen P. Bekijk bericht
    Weet iemand of bv Blue Underground van plan is om wat meer van Sollima uit te brengen? Heb zelf die Duitse box gehad, maar ben allergisch voor Duitse teksten en vond de box bovendien aan de prijzige kant (waardoor ik hem doorverkocht heb...)?
    ???

iemand...
    Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

My Dvd's & Blu Rays | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Een maand geleden is Violent City uitgebracht. Of er daarnaast nog Sollima westerns op stapel staan, is mij echter niet bekend
    Laatst aangepast door Qzyn : 27-04-2008 om 12:31

Standaard

Iemand die me wat kan vertellen over The Rare Breed

Alvast bedankt!
    Staat me niet zo heel duidelijk meer voor ogen, maar is één van de matigste westerns met James Stewart . Niet echt een aanrader dus, is eigenlijk alleen maar leuk voor echte Jimmy Stewart fans.

Standaard

Inderdaad, geen geweldige film. Maar ook nog niet zo slecht als Night Passage.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Qzyn Bekijk bericht

Een maand geleden is Violent City uitgebracht. Of er daarnaast nog Sollima westerns op stapel staan, is mij echter niet bekend
    Kun je misschien iets zeggen over de kwaliteit van deze versie ?

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Herman ter Lingen Bekijk bericht
    Kun je misschien iets zeggen over de kwaliteit van deze versie ?
    Over de kwaliteit van de versie weet ik helemaal niks, maar ik wil wel iedereen waarschuwen dat dit geen western is.

Het is, ondanks de naam en faam van Sollima als regisseur (en Wertmüller als een van de scenario-auteurs), in de eerste plaats een Bronson-vehikel, inclusief de onvermidelijke, en vreselijke, Jill Ireland.

Het is uiteraard een bekwaam gemaakt product, daar staan dit soort namen wel borg voor, maar meer ook niet.

Standaard

???

iemand...
    Blue Underground brengt geen nieuwe titels mee uit. Als het goed is stoppen ze ermee....eeuwig zonde, geweldig label. Ze brengen momenteel vele titels uit die eerder door Anchor Bay zijn uitgebracht. William Lustig, de oprichter van Blue Underground werkte voorheen bij Anchor Bay. Helaas geen Sollima's op stapel....

Standaard

Weet iemand of bv Blue Underground van plan is om wat meer van Sollima uit te brengen?
    Geen Western, maar Sollima's Revolver is een fantastiche film (mooi schijfje van BU ook)!

Samen met de Euro heistfilm Grand Slam in een voordelige 2-pack bij pacific; http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=636002
    Laatst aangepast door Kasper P. : 27-04-2008 om 17:09

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door scherpschutter Bekijk bericht
    Over de kwaliteit van de versie weet ik helemaal niks, maar ik wil wel iedereen waarschuwen dat dit geen western is.

Het is, ondanks de naam en faam van Sollima als regisseur (en Wertmüller als een van de scenario-auteurs), in de eerste plaats een Bronson-vehikel, inclusief de onvermidelijke, en vreselijke, Jill Ireland.

Het is uiteraard een bekwaam gemaakt product, daar staan dit soort namen wel borg voor, maar meer ook niet.

Ik ben ermee bekend dat het geen Western is, maar zag hem toevallig hier in deze thread staan, terwijl ik de film nog zoek voor mijn 'Bronson' verzameling. Ik twijfel over de aanschaf van de Nederlandse (grabbelbak-) release. Het zou kunnen zijn dat de Blue Underground versie 'uncut' is en/of een betere transfer.
    Jill Ireland- Bronson neem ik hier- weer- op de koop toe .

Standaard

Herman, de transfer van de Nederlandse DVD is niet veel soeps ... beeld is erg lelijk opgerekt naar een vreemd formaat, kun je beter laten liggen. Wel een sterke film overigens!

Standaard

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of the Warner Home video Western Classics Collection on 26th August 2008. Celebrating the western genre Warner brings 6 titles – each newly remastered for this release – to DVD.. Priced at $59.92 SRP for the collection or available individually at $12.97 SRP each, the only extras are original trailers.

The films…

Escape from Fort Bravo (1954)
    Union officer William Holden contends with Confederate prisoners inside Fort Bravo…and fierce Indians outside. John Sturges (The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven) directs.

Many Rivers to Cross (1955)
    Trapper and resolute bachelor Bushrod Gentry comes to Kentucky, where a marriage-minded lass is waiting. Robert Taylor and Eleanor Parker team in a comedy/adventure.

Cimarron (1960 remake)
    Oklahoma is theirs…if they can tame it. Glenn Ford stars in the decades-spanning tale of the famed land rush and of settlers sinking deep roots. Anthony Mann (Winchester ’73) directs this two-time Oscar® winner.

The Law and Jake Wade (1958)
    Lawman William Holden is sworn to uphold the law but destined for a showdown with his
    outlaw past when former partner Richard Widmark resurfaces. Directed by John Sturges.

Saddle the Wind (1958)
    Blood for blood; brother against brother. An ex-gunslinger’s attempts to go straight meet a fury of violence ignited by his brother. Robert Taylor stars in Rod Serling’s taut tale.

The Stalking Moon (1968)
    A suspenseful manhunt saga. A relentless foe tracks Army scout Gregory Peck as he attempts to lead a woman (Eva Marie Saint) once held captive by Apaches to safety.

bron: dvdtimes.co.uk

Standaard

How The West Was Won R1 UCE in August

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of two restored and remastered editions of How The West Won on 26th August 2008. One of only two narrative feature films produced in the original Cinerama® three-panel widescreen process, How the West Was Won follows four generations of a courageous New England farm family as they travel to the fertile Ohio Valley during America’s early westward expansion.

M-G-M and Cinerama®, Inc. spared no expense to give this sprawling Western saga the huge vistas made possible with the original Cinerama® process. After its initial theatrical engagements in theaters equipped with three synchronized projectors for Cinerama® presentation, the film was subsequently presented on traditional theater screens with the three separate Cinerama® panels being optically joined to form a standard 35mm 2.35:1 widescreen image, leaving most subsequent viewers puzzled by the annoying ‘join lines.’

Following several years of careful development, the technicians at Warner Bros. Motion Picture Imaging perfected a technology that could finally eliminate the ‘join lines,’ and unify the images into a superb viewing experience that captures the essence of the production’s initial road show exhibitions, with an aspect ratio of 2.89:1.

This ultimate western film gets the Ultimate treatment with How the West Was Won Ultimate Collector’s Edition ($59.92 SRP). The two disc Standard Definition Ultimate Collector’s Edition is loaded with collectible memorabilia including a 20-page theatrical press book reproduction, 10 behind-the-scenes photo cards and 10 postcards, and an exclusive movie poster offer. A Two Disc Special Edition ($20.97 SRP) will also be available, offering just the disc content.

Some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, including John Wayne, Henry Fonda, James Stewart, Richard Widmark, Gregory Peck, Lee J. Cobb, Debbie Reynolds and Carroll Baker star in How the West Was Won. Set between 1839 and 1889 against the backgrounds of the Louisiana Purchase, the Civil War, buffalo hunters, the Pony Express and the first transcontinental railroad, the film consists of five segments, with direction by Henry Hathaway, John Ford and George Marshall, and written by James R. Webb and John Gay, suggested by a Life Magazine series of the same name. The film was the winner of 3 Academy Awards® (Best Screenplay, Best Sound and Best Editing) as well as being nominated for an additional five Oscars®, including Best Picture. In 1997, How the West Was Won was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the US National Film Registry.

How the West Was Won Special Features:
    • Film Historian Commentary
    • Dave Strohmaier’s critically-acclaimed, feature-length documentary Cinerama® Adventure
    • The Making of How the West Was Won (Archival featurette)
    • Original Theatrical trailer
    Errol Flynn Westerns (R1) in August

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of the Errol Flynn Westerns collection on 26th August 2008 priced at $49.92 SRP. WHV continues its year-long 85th anniversary celebration by saluting one of the studio’s very-own legendary greats – Errol Flynn. Despite his Tasmanian roots and elegant British diction, Flynn made an ideal all-American cowboy. With his steely gaze, lean frame and understated humor, he tamed the West in eight thrilling sagebrush sagas. WHV presents four of Flynn’s classic “oaters” making their DVD debuts and available exclusively as a collection.

Montana (1950)
    The star heads for the wide-open spaces of Montana in this adventure saga about a bitter range war. Errol Flynn plays an Australian transplant looking to buy grazing land. But the cattle-raising locals won’t sell to interlopers, especially one they consider the most contemptible excuse for a human being ever to cross the Great Plains: a sheep rancher. Flynn’s San Antonio co-star Alexis Smith is a flame-haired beauty with an eye for the newcomer…until she learns his occupation. In time, she’ll put aside her disdain for the handsome stranger.

Special Features:
    • Vintage Newsreel
    • Warner Night at the Movies 1950 Short Subjects Gallery
    • Joe McDoakes Comedy Short: So You Want a Raise
    • Classic Cartoon: It’s Hummer Time
    • Trailers of Montana and 1950’s Chain Lightning
    • Bonus Gallery of Santa Fe Trail Series Western Shorts: Oklahoma Outlaws, Wagon Wheels West and Gun to Gun
    Rocky Mountain (1950)
    Errol Flynn saddles up for his final Western starring as Confederate Captain Barstow in a brawny tale directed by William Keighley (co-director of Flynn’s The Adventures of Robin Hood) and filmed wholly in the rugged environs of Gallup, New Mexico. Co-star Patrice Wymore became Mrs. Flynn weeks before the film’s release. And drawling character actor Slim Pickens (Blazing Saddles) makes his debut as one of Captain Barstow’s men.

Special Features:
    • Commentary by biographer Thomas McNulty [McNulty looks at Flynn’s career, his unique qualities as a Western hero and his romance with costar Patrice Wymore.]
    • Warner Night at the Movies 1950 Short Subjects Gallery
    • Vintage Newsreel
    • Trailers of Rocky Mountain and The Breaking Point
    • Bonus Gallery of Santa Fe Trail Series Western Shorts: Roaring Guns, Wells Fargo Days and Trial by Trigger
    • Classic Cartoon: Two’s a Crowd
    • Joe McDoakes Comedy Short So You Want to Move
    San Antonio (1945)
    San Antonio features blazing action in Technicolor® (a rip snorting saloon gunfight), suspense (a tense showdown in the granddaddy of Texas monuments, the Alamo) and a beautiful girl (Alexis Smith as a sultry songbird) to add romantic luster to the heroics.

Special Features:
    • Warner Night at the Movies 1945 Short Subjects Gallery:
    • Vintage Newsreel
    • OscarÒ-Nominated* Vitaphone Varieties Short Story of a Dog
    • Vintage Shorts: Frontier Days and Peeks at Hollywood
    • Classic Cartoons: A Tale of Two Mice and Wagon Heels
    • Trailers of San Antonio and The Corn Is Green
    Virginia City (1940)
    In his second Western, Errol Flynn again teams with Dodge City director Michael Curtiz to play an undercover Union officer determined to stop a gold-laden train rolling to Dixie. Randolph Scott is a Johnny Reb ramrodding the shipment, Miriam Hopkins is a beguiling spy, Humphrey Bogart is a pencil-mustached desperado, and pioneering stuntman Yakima Canutt pulls off a daring stagecoach feat.

Special Features:
    • Commentary by historian Frank Thompson [Thompson discusses this all-star collaboration with Flynn, Humphrey Bogart, Randolph Scott and Miriam Hopkins, and the challenges faced by director Michael Curtiz throughout production.]
    • Warner Night at the Movies 1940 Short Subjects Gallery
    • Vintage Newsreel
    • TechnicolorÒ Shorts: Cinderella’s Feller and The Flag of Humanity
    • 1936 WB Short: The Light Brigade Rides Again
    • Classic Cartoons: Cross Country Detours and Confederate Honey
    • Trailers of Virginia City and A Dispatch from Reuters
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Kasper P. Bekijk bericht
    Herman, de transfer van de Nederlandse DVD is niet veel soeps ... beeld is erg lelijk opgerekt naar een vreemd formaat, kun je beter laten liggen. Wel een sterke film overigens!

Dank voor de tip

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac Bekijk bericht
    How The West Was Won R1 UCE in August

Errol Flynn Westerns (R1) in August
    How The West Was Won ; voor mij het beste filmnieuws van heel 2008, mooier kan het dit jaar bijna niet worden.

Dank voor deze informatie Cinemaniac.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Herman ter Lingen Bekijk bericht
    How The West Was Won ; voor mij het beste filmnieuws van heel 2008, mooier kan het dit jaar bijna niet worden.

Dank voor deze informatie Cinemaniac.
    Geen dank

Dit is ook voor mij een absolute must-have :wink:

Btw, hiers het artwork:

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac Bekijk bericht
    Geen dank

Dit is ook voor mij een absolute must-have :wink:

Btw, hiers het artwork:

het kwijl loopt me al uit de mond
    misschien gaat dit zelfs mijn aller eerste Blue Ray versie worden

Standaard

Mooi package zo te zien !

Ik ga me vanavond maar eens amuseren met wat spaghetti's, review volgt later.
    Fight for the honour

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Roeland Bekijk bericht

Escape from Fort Bravo (1954)
    Union officer William Holden contends with Confederate prisoners inside Fort Bravo…and fierce Indians outside. John Sturges (The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven) directs.

The Law and Jake Wade (1958)
    Lawman William Holden is sworn to uphold the law but destined for a showdown with his
    outlaw past when former partner Richard Widmark resurfaces. Directed by John Sturges.
    Van de film die Roeland vermeldt, raad ik vooral bovenstaande twee aan
    Beide zijn van John Sturgess, en beide zijn betere films dan zijn meer bekende werken, zoals The Magnificent Seven and The Gunfight at the OK Corral (voordat iemand gaat protesteren: met die films is niets mis, maar deze zijn beter)

FORT BRAVO: een sfeervolle cavalerie-western, bekroond met een werkelijk adembenemende finale met ingegraven soldaten die met pijlen worden beschoten (en zoals iedereen kan begrijpen helpt ingraven niet veel als er met pijlen wordt geschoten!)

JAKE WADE: wellicht de beste schurkenrol van de onlangs overleden Widmark. prachtige finale in een spookstadje.

Standaard

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Return of Sabata gezien gisteren, de circus act in het begin bezorgde me een naar gevoel, daarna toch wel wat vooruitgang.
    Geen topper, verre van. Een zeer foute spaghetti zoals je van een spaghetti mag verwachten, zo fout dat je hem uit wil kijken.

Oh ja, voor de liefhebber, vanavond op ZDF te zien: Winchester '73 met James Stewart
    Fight for the honour

Standaard

Gisteren 3:10 to Yuma (2008) gezien film viel toch wat tegen. Vond vooral het einde teleurstellend en miste eigenlijk de hele film spanning. Vond Crowe gewoon niet dreigend overkomen.

Pagina 131 van 167 EersteEerste ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten