Pagina 15 van 16 EersteEerste ... 5111213141516 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 351 tot 375 van 379 worden weergegeven.

Standaard

Heb de eerste twee Forbidden Hollywood sets ook maar besteld voor de zekerheid.

Btw, Universal brengt volgende maand een soortgelijke set uit: Pre-Code Hollywood Collection.
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Als de eerste collectie OOP gaat, dan zal ik `m maar eens bestellen

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac Bekijk bericht
    Heb de eerste twee Forbidden Hollywood sets ook maar besteld voor de zekerheid.

Btw, Universal brengt volgende maand een soortgelijke set uit: Pre-Code Hollywood Collection.
    nice
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Heb een paar dagen geleden beide Forbidden Hollywood collecties besteld (vol. 1 en 3): deel 1 was on order en dat zou dus ff duren. Maar dat viel mee: gisteren vol. 3 verzonden, vandaag vol. 1

Standaard

Betere foto`s van Woodstock:

Laatst aangepast door TheGodfather : 23-03-2009 om 00:31

Standaard

Warner Home Video has launched a "manufacturing-on-demand" program that will allow you to browse selections from the studio's massive catalog of 4,100 films, and place an order for either a $14.95 download version or a $19.95 DVD version (the latter will be replicated specifically for you and mailed). Some 150 titles are available now, and the plan is to eventually make many more available, particularly deep catalog titles that retailers are unlikely to want to stock on DVD given their limited shelf space. We think this is pretty cool - DVD on demand. Nice. You can read more at Home Media and Video Business, and be sure to check out the actual Warner Archive website

Leuk idee, maar voor één DVD moet je $19,95 neertellen en daar komt nog $19,95 aan verzendkosten bij. $40 voor een simpele keepcase DVDtje is toch iets te veel van het goede. Jammer, want ik had Budd Boettichers Westbound graag willen kopen. eBay maar ff in de gaten houden.
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard Film-Noir Classic Collection Vol.5

Warner heeft toegezegd, dat er binnen enkele maanden een 5e Film-Noir DVD boxset komt.

**Bron (post #2 104).

Standaard

Van de dvdtalk nieuwsletter:

music fans will get to see one of the most famous concert events when Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music Director's Cut (40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition ) is released on DVD and Blu-ray on 6/9/09. Amazon will have exclusive versions of both format that include a bonus disc with "additional never-before-seen performance footage from Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and Country Joe and the Fish plus three additional featurettes!"

Daar ga ik `m dus bestellend!

Standaard

Net de 4 disc Amazon exclusive van Woodstock besteld

Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2002

Standaard

Wat zijn trouwens de verschillen tussen de diverse Woodstock UCE sets? De amerikaanse Amazon doet er een vierde amazon-only bonusdisc bij, maar de UK versie zoals bij Play en Amazon.co.uk heeft standaard al 4 discs en is daarbij een stuk goedkoper.
    "Fred, it's not quite dark enough, I can still see something"

Standaard

Volgens mij is de Engelse alleen de set met de discs, terwijl bij de US set nog allemaal hebbedingetjes zitten, zoals oa. een reprint van de Time magazine uitgave uit 1969 die compleet over Woodstock ging.
    Van de dvdactive announcement:
    The Ultimate Collector's Edition will be housed in a unique giftbox, numbered as part of a limited run with an array of collectibles that include a 60+ page reprint of a Life magazine commemorative issue, a lucite lenticular display of vintage festival photos, festival memorabilia and an iron-on patch with the classic dove and guitar emblem. The 2-disc art is attached:

Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2002

Standaard

Ik vraag me vooral af wat de inhoudelijke verschillen zijn tussen de UK-versie (4 disc) en Amerikaanse versie (3 of 4 disc). Amazon claimt exclusieve opnames op hun bonusschijf te zetten, wat staat er dan iop schijf 4 van de UK-versie?

Ik ben zelf niet zo happig op al die extra prullaria, maar wil wel graag een goede en uitgebreide versie. Ik wacht maar even de reviews af voor de overeenkomsten en verschillen tussen de verschillende versie's.
    "Fred, it's not quite dark enough, I can still see something"

Standaard

Dat weet ik ook niet, die inhoudelijke verschillen qua beeldmateriaal. Maar aangezien ik gek ben op de muziek uit de tijd en alles wil hebben van de festivals uit die tijd (Monterey en Woodstock) wil ik graag de meest uitgebreide versie hebben, dus inclusief de prullaria

Standaard

Mijn Woodstock 4 disc UCE is net door Amazon verzonden!

Standaard

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Karloff & Lugosi Horror Classics on 6th October 2009 priced at $26.98 SRP. Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi, iconic horror actors best known for creating the screen’s original Frankenstein and Dracula characters, star here in other roles in The Walking Dead, Frankenstein-1970, You’ll Find Out and Zombies on Broadway.

The films are spread across two-discs…

The Walking Dead (1936)
    The Walking Dead is a unique blend of cinematic horror and the classic Warner Bros. gangster stylings. This long-admired cult favorite stars Boris Karloff, who gives an outstanding performance as John Ellman, an ex-con framed for murder who’s sentenced to the electric chair. When Ellman is brought back to life through the miracles of science, his only task is to seek revenge against those responsible for his death. Michael Curtiz (Casablanca) directs this eerie tale.

Special Feature:
    --Commentary by historian Greg Mank

Frankenstein-1970 (1958 )
    Nearly twenty years after his final appearance as the Frankenstein monster in Son of Frankenstein, Boris Karloff returned to the screen in a new film derived from the Mary Shelley story that first catapulted him to stardom. In this 1958 horror classic, Karloff appears in the role of Dr. Victor Frankenstein, a descendent of the original doctor, whose depleted fortune forces him to grant a film crew access to the family castle to shoot a horror flick. It’s not all bad, though, since he now has a supply of fresh body parts ready for harvesting.

Special Feature:
    --Commentary by historians Charlotte Austin and Tom Weaver

You’ll Find Out (1940)
    Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi and Peter Lorre poke fun at their horror-genre personas in this wacky 1940 RKO mix of music, murder and mirth. The plot finds the trio of horror legends leaving a trail of terror and laughs along the way, as they plan a murder in order to nab a young heiress’ inheritance in a spooky, spoofy haunted house tale. The film was one of several hits of the era featuring the music and merriment of the then popular Kay Kyser and his band. The film’s original song, “I’d Know You Anywhere” was Oscar® nominated.

Zombies on Broadway (1945)
    The emphasis is equally spread between horror and hi-jinx in this wacky RKO production that has endeared itself to generations of die-hard Lugosi fans. Here, Bela Lugosi stars as mad scientist Dr. Paul Renault who ends up with more than he bargained for when he encounters two inept Broadway press agents (Alan Carney and Wally Brown) looking for a real-life zombie to use for a publicity stunt in promoting a new nightclub.

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Warner DVD/Blu-ray Schedule Sneak Peek

We’ve laid our grubby mitts on Warner’s latest retail schedule which goes all the way through to early December. As always with news like this, the dates that follow are subject to change (and almost certainly will the further we get into the future) but should give you an idea of what’s on the horizon…

In terms of new release titles there isn’t a whole lot here, but at least two of the films are going to be big at the box-office this year. Out on both DVD and Blu-ray is The Hangover on 5th October, Hell Ride on 12th October, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on 7th December and Shorts on 7th December.

Big catalogue titles receiving new DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases are equally low on quantity, with just two of note. They are The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Edition (on 1 Disc DVD, 4 Disc DVD and BD/DVD Combi Pack configurations) on 2nd November and Gone With the Wind 70th Anniversary Edition (DVD and Blu-ray editions) on 16th November.

Alfred Hitchcock’s North by Northwest is also down for a 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Disc release on 16th November. Further catalogue titles listed on Blu-ray Disc include:

6th July – True Romance
    28th September – Payback
    5th October – Gremlins (25th Anniversary)
    12th October – Contact
    12th October – Dances with Wolves
    19th October – Ghost Ship
    19th October – Friday the 13th (original)
    2nd November – Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    2nd November – Polar Express 3D (Blu-ray and DVD Combi Pack)
    9th November – Heat
    9th November – The Negotiator
    16th November – Towering Inferno
    16th November – The Green Mile

Catalogue DVD titles include:

13th July – Ben Hur 50th Anniversary Special Edition (2-Disc)
    21st September - Paul Newman Collection Volume 2 (Silver Chalice, The Helen Morgan Story, The Outrage, Rachel Rachel, When Time Ran Out)
    5th October – Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
    26th October – The Hills Run Red
    26th October – Trick ‘r’ Treat

That leaves us with TV on DVD of which there is plenty due along with a few select titles on Blu-ray. The big simultaneous DVD and Blu-ray titles include Fringe Season 1 on 28th September, Smallville Season 8 on 12th October, True Blood Season 1 on 26th October, Supernatural Season 4 on 2nd November and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 on 30th November. HBO are also bringing Rome Complete Box Set and The Sopranos Season 1 to Blu-ray on 16th and 23rd November respectively.

Additional TV releases (all DVD only) are listed below…

27th July – Gilmore Girls Season 4
    10th August – Gossip Girl Season 2 Part 2
    14th September – Entourage Season 5 (HBO)
    21st September – Supernatural Season 4 Part 2
    21st September – ER Season 15
    21st September – Banana Splits Season 1
    21st September – Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 2
    21st September – Gimme Shelter
    28th September – Gossip Girl Complete Season 2
    5th October – Chuck Season 2
    5th October – One Tree Hill Season 6
    12th October – Two and a Half Men Season 6
    19th October – The Big Bang Theory Season 2
    26th October – Queer as Folk Season 5
    9th November – Those Damned Managers
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation UCE (R1/US BD) in October

Warner Home Video have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation UCE on 27th October 2009. The Griswold’s Christmas vacation is given another outing on DVD and Blu-ray in a case of same discs, new pack-in extras.

Priced at $39.92 SRP on DVD and $49.99 SRP on Blu-ray Disc, the bonus UCE content consists of the following items inside a Merry Christmas Canister:
    • Marty Moose Snow Powder
    • Marty Moose Santa Cap
    • Holiday Drink Coasters with Favourite Movie Quotes
    • Christmas Ornament Replica Marty Moose Mug (Blu-ray only)
    • “I Survived a Griswold Family Christmas” Button

And here is a refresher of the disc features:
    • English DD2.0
    • French Mono
    • Spanish Mono (Blu-ray only)
    • English, French and Spanish subtitles
    • Commentary by Randy Quaid, Beverly D’Angelo, Johnny Galecki, Miriam Flynn, Director Jeremiah Chechik and Producer Matty Simmons
    • Theatrical Trailer

- Sergio Leone

Standaard The Warner Archive Collection

Heeft iemand de "Lex Barker Tarzan 5 DVD Collection" in bezit en wat is de kwaliteit van deze box?

Warner heeft verder een aantal interresante items in de "archive collection" zitten.
    Ik kan ze alleen bestellen via hun site en bij amazon.com. Maar de prijs weerhoud mij om een aantal DVD's te bestellen. Ik heb DVD-pacific al gemaild, maar kreeg als antwoord dat ik deze DVD's alleen kon bestellen bij WBshop en amazon. Heeft iemand enig idee waarom Warner dit doet?

Zie volgende link voor meer info:

http://www.wbshop.com/Warner-Archive...efault,sc.html
    Laatst aangepast door douwe37 : 23-10-2009 om 10:47

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door douwe37 Bekijk bericht
    Heeft iemand de "Lex Barker Tarzan 5 DVD Collection" in bezit en wat is de kwaliteit van deze box?

Warner heeft verder een aantal interresante items in de "archive collection" zitten.
    Ik kan ze alleen bestellen via hun site en bij amazon.com. Maar de prijs weerhoud mij om een aantal DVD's te bestellen. Ik heb DVD-pacific al gemaild, maar kreeg als antwoord dat ik deze DVD's alleen kon bestellen bij WBshop en amazon. Heeft iemand enig idee waarom Warner dit doet?

Zie volgende link voor meer info:

http://www.wbshop.com/Warner-Archive...efault,sc.html

De DVD's uit de Warner Archive Collection zijn DVD-r. Met andere woorden: ze hebben deze DVD's niet op voorraad, maar bij elke bestelling wordt er één exemplaar gebrand. De films op deze schijfjes zijn een kopie van het bronmateriaal zonder dat dit gerestaureerd of op een andere manier bewerkt is. Dus als de film van goede kwaliteit is, dan heb je geluk. Behoeft de film eigenlijk wat restauratie, dan krijg je waarschijnlijk een film die flink onderdoet voor de kwaliteit die je doorgaans op DVD bent gewend.

De uitgaven in deze serie zijn films waarvan de markt te klein wordt geacht om ze een normale DVD-release te geven, maar op deze manier wil men toch de liefhebbers bedienen.

Dat de DVD's officieel alleen bij WB en TCM te koop zijn heeft te maken met de rechten. Je vindt de DVD's tegenwoordig ook op Amazon en eBay, maar ik geloof niet dat dat helemaal de bedoeling is.

In deze reeks zitten ontzettend veel leuke films die ik graag zou willen hebben, maar $ 19,99 + porto voor een DVD-r vind ik een veel te hoge prijs.

Standaard

op de website van WB zie ik staan:

Ships to U.S. Destinations Only

Registratie datum
    Dec 2003

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac Bekijk bericht
    Warner DVD/Blu-ray Schedule Sneak Peek

We’ve laid our grubby mitts on Warner’s latest retail schedule which goes all the way through to early December. As always with news like this, the dates that follow are subject to change (and almost certainly will the further we get into the future) but should give you an idea of what’s on the horizon…

In terms of new release titles there isn’t a whole lot here, but at least two of the films are going to be big at the box-office this year. Out on both DVD and Blu-ray is The Hangover on 5th October, Hell Ride on 12th October, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on 7th December and Shorts on 7th December.

Big catalogue titles receiving new DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases are equally low on quantity, with just two of note. They are The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Edition (on 1 Disc DVD, 4 Disc DVD and BD/DVD Combi Pack configurations) on 2nd November and Gone With the Wind 70th Anniversary Edition (DVD and Blu-ray editions) on 16th November.

Alfred Hitchcock’s North by Northwest is also down for a 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Disc release on 16th November. Further catalogue titles listed on Blu-ray Disc include:

6th July – True Romance
    28th September – Payback
    5th October – Gremlins (25th Anniversary)
    12th October – Contact
    19th October – Ghost Ship
    19th October – Friday the 13th (original)
    2nd November – Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    2nd November – Polar Express 3D (Blu-ray and DVD Combi Pack)
    9th November – Heat
    9th November – The Negotiator
    16th November – Towering Inferno
    16th November – The Green Mile

Catalogue DVD titles include:

13th July – Ben Hur 50th Anniversary Special Edition (2-Disc)
    21st September - Paul Newman Collection Volume 2 (Silver Chalice, The Helen Morgan Story, The Outrage, Rachel Rachel, When Time Ran Out)
    5th October – Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
    26th October – The Hills Run Red
    26th October – Trick ‘r’ Treat

That leaves us with TV on DVD of which there is plenty due along with a few select titles on Blu-ray. The big simultaneous DVD and Blu-ray titles include Fringe Season 1 on 28th September, Smallville Season 8 on 12th October, True Blood Season 1 on 26th October, Supernatural Season 4 on 2nd November and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 on 30th November. HBO are also bringing Rome Complete Box Set and The Sopranos Season 1 to Blu-ray on 16th and 23rd November respectively.

Additional TV releases (all DVD only) are listed below…

27th July – Gilmore Girls Season 4
    10th August – Gossip Girl Season 2 Part 2
    14th September – Entourage Season 5 (HBO)
    21st September – Supernatural Season 4 Part 2
    21st September – ER Season 15
    21st September – Banana Splits Season 1
    21st September – Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 2
    21st September – Gimme Shelter
    28th September – Gossip Girl Complete Season 2
    5th October – Chuck Season 2
    5th October – One Tree Hill Season 6
    12th October – Two and a Half Men Season 6
    19th October – The Big Bang Theory Season 2
    26th October – Queer as Folk Season 5
    9th November – Those Damned Managers

Ik zie (op amazon uk. com en play.com) dat de Towering Inferno alleen maar UK subs heeft, weet iemand of deze Bl.R ook ergens uitkomt met Ned Subs??
    I'll be back!!

Standaard

Ik heb laatst mijn contacten bij Warner er nog eens op aangesproken en d'r staan in de Benelux althans nog helemaal *geen* tv-series op BR in de planning. Maar bijv. Rome S1+S2 is net wel in de UK verschenen mét NL subs.
    DVD-pagina - DVD Info - Facebook - SafeTrader
    Ik heb een fantasy-boek geschreven! Lees er alles over hier!

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Nico Mos Bekijk bericht
    Ik zie (op amazon uk. com en play.com) dat de Towering Inferno alleen maar UK subs heeft, weet iemand of deze Bl.R ook ergens uitkomt met Ned Subs??
    Volgens de recensie op www.dvdtimes.co.uk heeft de UK blu-ray wél Nederlandse ondertitels. De informatie op Amazon.co.uk en Play.com is dus niet volledig. Ik raad je trouwens aan om de informatie die op webwinkels als Amazon.co.uk en Play.com niet als betrouwbaar te beschouwen, maar op internet op zoek te gaan naar andere en bij voorkeur meerdere bronnen, want de informatie op webwinkels is doorgaans fout of onvolledig.
    Laatst aangepast door Frank : 17-11-2009 om 21:42

Standaard

Ligt het aan mij of is Warner flink aan het terugschakelen met het op DVD/Blu-ray uitbrengen van klassiekers? De oogst valt in ieder geval erg tegen de laatste tijd. En in Nederland lijken ze helemaal niets nieuws meer uit te brengen.

Hamilcar54

Standaard

In de benelux is het de laatste 2/3 jaar volledig stilgevallen qua klassiekers, heel triestig...

Standaard

Ik wordt een beetje droevig van de huidige staat van Warner, en dan speciaal van de Nederlandse afdeling. Bijna ieder jaar was het zo dat er in het najaar of vlak voor de feestdagen een paar grote klassieke Warner-titels werden uitgebracht in mooie uitgaves. Maar dit jaar is staat er helemaal niets op de releaselijsten om naar uit te kijken. Ja, binnenkort komt Gone with the wind uit op BD in Nederland ja. Maar da's ruim een jaar nadat ie in de VS en Engeland is uitgebracht.

In de VS lijkt de situatie iets beter te zijn, maar ook daar staan (voor zover ik kan zien) ook geen echte must-haves op de releaselijsten voor de feestdagen. Once upon a time in America op Blu-ray komt pas begin januari 2011 en de BD-versie van All the presidents men pas in februari. Maar van Blu-releases van de MGM-musicals is bijv. niets te bekennen.

Pagina 15 van 16 EersteEerste ... 5111213141516 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten